• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I can't believe I'm saying this..I miss Bush. He just owned Trump.

daviyoung

Banned
History proves Trump is worse. The post I was responding to said you could argue Bush was worse than Trump's year in office so far. I said you can't, because everything Trump has done will have far reaching repercussions over America and the world for a very long time to come. He is coarsening the fabric of society and even if he doesn't personally order a war, the kind of people he's emboldened to seek and likely gain office certainly will. Trumpism is the disease that ends the world. Bush may have been a war criminal, but an entire party of aspiring war criminals is being bred because of Trump. These people think Bush didn't go far enough.

The keyword here is "will". Bush's keyword is "had". There is a difference and we can only compare the two when they are both at a "has" level.

bwakh

In another 8-10 years someone worse than Trump will come along and everybody will say at least Trump didn't do this. Being a war criminal looks okay now. Being a breeder of racism, sexism and hate against fellow humans will look okay then.

Violet_0

Banned
correct me if I'm wrong, but Bush still has a far greater body count than Trump. Both Americans and especially non-Americans. His government being responsible for, among other things, ISIS

diunxx

This thread really shows how little foreing lives matter to americans, bush is directly responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths but somehow trump is worse? unless he starts ww3 bush has him beat by a landslide.

RPGCrazied

Lol he started doing the fucking Iraq war. Stop with this bullshit. Trump is horrible but bush was the cause of many many deaths.

Give it time. Trump hasn't been in office a full year. If he stays for the rest of the 3, I expect many deaths under his watch.

Gunblade47

Neo Member
I don't.

Just because Trump is a terrible human being it doesnt make me miss Bush or his power hungry neo-conservative administration.

Give it time. Trump hasn't been in office a full year. If he stays for the rest of the 3, I expect many deaths under his watch.

You and I know Trump is itching for a fight to boost his ego. That still doesnt absolve Bush.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Yeah, I really miss that war criminal.

GTFO with that shit.

He is responsible for millions of deaths, started a war based on lies, his administration is responsible for the worst invasion of privacy, and he raised the national debt to historical heights.

His administration ran on fear, Trump's runs on hate.

Nameless

Bush was scary because of guys like Rove and Cheney ruthlessly pushing a pure GOP agenda using war as its lifeblood. They ran a familiar playbook and were damn good at executing it and it fucking sucked. No, he wasn't an outwardly racist sociopath, but that hardly gives him a pass for the wars, stripped civil liberties or crashed economy. Good speech, though.

Thank all the gods and goddesses Trump doesn't have that sort of machine behind him.

Oersted

Bush is now removed from power, which leaves us with a half way decent human who never should have had power.

Trump never was and never will be decent. Trump spent his life being a sexual assaulter and con artist.

I think it is understandable to miss Bush as human, given how much of a lesser human Trump is.

Violet_0

Banned

on one side there's this giant asshole who, hey, could hypothetically start a war, on the other we have an ex-president and apparently likeable person who actually started an extremely ill-advised war that was the catalyst of several other wars, which resulted in the deaths of hundred-thousands of people. And now we want him back

KingK

Fuck Bush. Bush is way, way fucking worse than Trump, and this attempt recently to rehabilitate his image is disgusting.

Sure, Trump has the potential to be as bad or worse, but so far he's not even close. Unless you value nice language and propriety over tangible policies and human life. Trump hasn't been able to accomplish anything remotely on the scale of Bush's atrocities as of yet. The man knowingly lied to the world to start a war that has cost hundreds of thousands of human lives and spawned a series of conflicts and global destabilization continuing to this day.

He eroded civil liberties and engaged in torture. He had a cabinet full of cronyism and corruption, and contributed to the worst financial collapse since the great depression. He sowed division over the wars, "patriotism," terrorism, and a disgusting assault on gay Americans to gain and maintain political power.

And once again, that's in addition to being largely responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths. I'm just sick of people finding Trump's words and behavior to be even more offensive than the real, tangible, large scale destruction Bush is responsible for around the world.

They're both sorry stains of shit upon human existence, but we're all lucky that Trump and his goons have been unable to display the competence that the Bush administration had in the execution of evil policy.

RinsFury

Fuck Bush. Bush is way, way fucking worse than Trump, and this attempt recently to rehabilitate his image is disgusting.

Sure, Trump has the potential to be as bad or worse, but so far he's not even close. Unless you value nice language and propriety over tangible policies and human life. Trump hasn't been able to accomplish anything remotely on the scale of Bush's atrocities as of yet. The man knowingly lied to the world to start a war that has cost hundreds of thousands of human lives and spawned a series of conflicts and global destabilization continuing to this day.

He eroded civil liberties and engaged in torture. He had a cabinet full of cronyism and corruption, and contributed to the worst financial collapse since the great depression. He sowed division over the wars, "patriotism," terrorism, and a disgusting assault on gay Americans to gain and maintain political power.

And once again, that's in addition to being largely responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths. I'm just sick of people finding Trump's words and behavior to be even more offensive than the real, tangible, large scale destruction Bush is responsible for around the world.

They're both sorry stains of shit upon human existence, but we're all lucky that Trump and his goons have been unable to display the competence that the Bush administration had in the execution of evil policy.

Thank you for this post, I was attacked for going after that shit stain in the other thread. These recent attempts to rehabilitate his image as some loveable old coot that paints pictures and donates to africa, and not a mass murdering psychopath, are infuriating. Apparently his words now have some worth because of the "greater evil", I actually read we need all the help we can get. Fuck that. Where do we draw the line? Should Kony and al-Baghdadi be welcomed into the ranks if they issue their own anti-Trump statements?

RangerX

Banned
Americans deserve Trump. 2 terms.

No sympathy from me, especially after reading this thread.

Good luck.

You know what I'm not American and I can't say I disagree. When you have posters in here saying they miss a warmonger whose actions resulted in hundreds of thousands of deaths then you kinda start to lose sympathy.

Bush is now removed from power, which leaves us with a half way decent human who never should have had power.

Trump never was and never will be decent. Trump spent his life being a sexual assaulter and con artist.

I think it is understandable to miss Bush as human, given how much of a lesser human Trump is.

I'm trying to find the half way decency in starting an illegal torture camp, invading a foreign country on false information leading to the deaths of hundreds of thousands, inaction during Katrina, the Patriot act etc.

Like, I guess he could have started two illegal torture camps and invaded more foreign countries and killed millions, but bit of a weird standard, ain't it?

cromofo

You know what I'm not American and I can't say I disagree. When you have posters in here saying they miss a warmonger whose actions resulted in hundreds of thousands of deaths then you kinda start to lose sympathy.

Basically "not racist but ok with racism" type of system on a larger and more serious scale.

Sayad

The world is still living through the consequences of Bush's war, actually, the rise of Radical Islam thanks to the Iraq war played a big part in Trump getting to where he is. Trump sure has the capacity to be worse, but he still has a long way to go.

People humanizing a war criminal because he know better than to be sexist/racist in publics in this thread is pretty disgusting though.

Oersted

I'm trying to find the half way decency in starting an illegal torture camp, invading a foreign country on false information leading to the deaths of hundreds of thousands, inaction during Katrina, the Patriot act etc.

Like, I guess he could have started two illegal torture camps and invaded more foreign countries and killed millions, but bit of a weird standard, ain't it?

Bush had awareness torture is wrong, hence the whole doing it in dark and pretending it is actually not torture.

Trump screams in your face that there is nothing wrong with torture.

Sayad

Bush had awareness torture is wrong, hence the whole doing it in dark and pretending it is actually not torture.

Trump screams in your face that there is nothing wrong with torture.
Not sure if you realize it, but that example just shows that Bush is a much worse person to have as a president. He actually know how pass the evil shit he want to pass instead ruining half his plans with twitter posts!

Bush would definitely be a better president now, knowing what he knows than Trump that's for sure.

But then again, so could a water cooler.

I don't know about Baby Boy Bush, but I miss Bush the Senior. Granted, part of it was a result of being a one-term president, but he really didn't fuck shit up anywhere near as bad as any of the Republican presidents that surround him in history.

I guess that's why they wouldn't vote for him.

bwahhhhh

Bush was awful and the Iraq war should have never been, but i'd still prefer him because I imagine that if 9/11 happened during the first year of Trump's presidency, and that Trump was given carte blanche by both parties and houses of congress to do whatever the fuck he wanted the way Bush was, that his reaction and the fallout would have been like an order of magnitude worse. (like Patriot Act on steroids, sweeping muslim bans (or worse), in addition to more violent wars. and, of course, he thinks we should have just kept Iraq's oil.)

yeah it's a hypothetical, though.

nightmare scenario would be Trump in that situation with Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, and Cheney in his ear.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Not sure when Bush crosses into this likeable goof territory but like others have said he was directly responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths - if not millions.

As yet, while Trump is awful he hasn’t done that. And dramatic responses saying he allowed neo nazis to murder an American citizen are distortions. And him “maybe” doing something at some point doesn’t make him worse. Bush was horrendous.

SKINNER!

Banned

You don't need to wait for a year. Not even a fucking month since he took office.

The Independent said:
Witnesses to the botched US special forces raid in Yemen that left a Navy commando and several children dead have rebuffed Donald Trump’s account of the “highly successful” mission.

The eight-year-old American daughter of an al-Qaeda propagandist was among those killed in the raid on al-Ghayil village on 29 January – the first authorised by the new US President.
[...]

As commandos were pinned down in a battle that lasted almost an hour, helicopter gunships allegedly bombarded the entire village, razing homes to the ground and killing many of their inhabitants, as well as more than 120 goats, sheep and donkeys. Five-year-old Sinan al-Ameri saw his mother shot dead from behind as she ran for her life carrying her 18-month-old son. The infant was found alive next to her dead body the following morning.

Just because your shitty US news channels/papers focus more on frivolous celeb BS and not report on all the conflicts your country is involved in doesn't mean they don't exist.

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...n-nawar-al-awlaki-aqap-al-qaeda-a7621296.html

Top Bottom