• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I got a puppy 🥰

Saiyan-Rox

Sorry everyone I don't have many people to celebrate with but things are looking up for me for the first time in years ☺️

Quick brief. My long term (and only girlfriend I've ever had and I'm now 33) broke up with me 2 years ago and it messed me up big time. She also took our two huskies with her due to the fact I couldn't take them and she had the ability to give them a better life than I could which was the important factor.

It still messed me up though. I hit the bottle hard, reall hard. Then rushed to hospital with undiagnosed diabetes type 1 symptoms of sight loss and stuff. Then I tried to delete myself with the insulin they gave me. I was okay but after I started to loose so much weight and rapidly so I was placed in a crisis team help program which I started last September.

Crisis team wasn't helping I was still wanting to delete in January! But then it happened....my ADHD diagnosis which I was waiting 5 years for happened and I finally got the medication for it and now my life is sooo much better! I can think straight I'm enjoying myself and finally passed my theory test! So I decided "Fuck it, I miss my boys"

So everyone meet, Gohan! 🥰

gz2QERU.jpg
QOnCYzI.jpg

FUBARx89

UK? Would explain the crisis team being useless. But long as you're good now, all that matters.

Anyways, what a nice doggo, make sure you have insurance though, absolute nightmare if your dog gets ill with how much they charge you.

Last edited:

badblue

Rewarding your self with a cute doggo was the right call.

Glad your in a better place and I bet Gohan is going to be a pretty good wing-man if your are looking for a new lady friend.

Saiyan-Rox

UK? Would explain the crisis team being useless. But long as you're good now, all that matters.

Anyways, what a nice doggo, make sure you have insurance though, absolute nightmare if your dog gets ill with how much they charge you.
Yep! Had I think 4 assessments with the mental health team (one time they straight up discharged me with no action) and then when it escalated they sent me to the crisis team who are a third party. They were awesome though and so nice but yeah the issue was I couldn't stop ruminating about all my past failures and as my life went on those failures got more and more and the GF breaking up with me and taking the dogs was the final nail I guess.

ADHD meds are finally helping me control my thoughts though. I'm just still slightly fucked off cause I was fighting for them since I was a teenager but all my GPs said I was just depressed and severe anxiety.

As for insurance 100%! Gonna get him chipped next Monday and get the insurance in.

Last edited:

Saiyan-Rox

Rewarding your self with a cute doggo was the right call.

Glad your in a better place and I bet Gohan is going to be a pretty good wing-man if your are looking for a new lady friend.

Lol hopefully yeah! It'll be a good talking point for sure with the ladies. I'm useless when it comes to women though. First Girl at 27 ISH (first experiences with everything if you get me) and the dating experience these days is so fucking dire.

Saiyan-Rox

Huskys grow big and chew everything. Good luck.
Oh I know! I had 2 before with the ex 🤣 why I picked another Husky I know what I'm in for.

Getting him toilet trained is the hard part ATM as is crate training cause he literally sounds like he's being killed in there.

Hrk69

What a babe 😍

I grew up with dogs and would love to own one myself someday

Last edited:

nush

Getting him toilet trained is the hard part ATM as is crate training
Puppies can't hold their pee for long, small bladder so chill on that.

Put a blanket next to your bed to sleep on for a while (you'll have to clean up pee) then crate train.

Saiyan-Rox

Puppies can't hold their pee for long, small bladder so chill on that.

Put a blanket next to your bed to sleep on for a while (you'll have to clean up pee) then crate train.
Oh yeah I know! He goes into the crate for an hour or so ATM (after I make sure he goes to the toilet and get gets some play time as I can't walk him yet) but still has enough energy to almost crumble the walls with crying.

He's very clingy follows me everywhere and will not sleep anywhere but beside me.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Sorry everyone I don't have many people to celebrate with but things are looking up for me for the first time in years ☺️

Quick brief. My long term (and only girlfriend I've ever had and I'm now 33) broke up with me 2 years ago and it messed me up big time. She also took our two huskies with her due to the fact I couldn't take them and she had the ability to give them a better life than I could which was the important factor.

It still messed me up though. I hit the bottle hard, reall hard. Then rushed to hospital with undiagnosed diabetes type 1 symptoms of sight loss and stuff. Then I tried to delete myself with the insulin they gave me. I was okay but after I started to loose so much weight and rapidly so I was placed in a crisis team help program which I started last September.

Crisis team wasn't helping I was still wanting to delete in January! But then it happened....my ADHD diagnosis which I was waiting 5 years for happened and I finally got the medication for it and now my life is sooo much better! I can think straight I'm enjoying myself and finally passed my theory test! So I decided "Fuck it, I miss my boys"

So everyone meet, Gohan! 🥰

gz2QERU.jpg
QOnCYzI.jpg
Congrats!! So happy to know you're getting better. I think you should write if you're not doing that. Even if nobody else reads it. It's very therapeutic.

Rockondevil

I'm glad you've had huskies before.
I have two and they are getting on in years but don't act like it.

I think I'll definitely stick to the breed. Enjoy the new puppy and those damn puppy teeth.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Damn, sounds like you’ve been through a rough patch bro. Happy for you. Enjoy it. They’re so god damn cute when they are so little. Sadly this goes by so fast. :(

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I never wanted a dog and ended up with lne anyhow. Having one has been very rewarding, they are amazing. Congrats!

Saiyan-Rox

Congrats on the pup and glad to hear you’re doing better and more stable now. Women aren’t worth offing yourself over whatsoever.

Honestly it was more about my own actions that I was in torment over. I did a lot of thigs wrong (and one I will never forget or forgive myself for)

But trying to move on now and get things on track and who knows maybe the pup will get me some attention outside lol

Saiyan-Rox

I'm glad you've had huskies before.
I have two and they are getting on in years but don't act like it.

I think I'll definitely stick to the breed. Enjoy the new puppy and those damn puppy teeth.

Yeah I'm sticking with husky also. A part of me is worried my ex will see me with a husky and get so pissed off she'll confront me in public about it.

Also my house cat keeps egging him on lol (and yes I know about the prey drive, I've had husky before and getting him to see our cat as part of the pack)

FeralEcho

Congratz on getting better and on getting the pup.He'll be there for you when you need him,unlike people nowadays.

Treat him with the love and care he deserves and he'll make sure you never feel alone ❤️

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
Sorry to hear about the tough time you have been through but im happy you are feeling better now and got a new pup. Dogs are brilliant company and so good for any mental problems, I have 2 Jack Russells and have been struggling with depression since last summer but they bring me alot of peace. Enjoy life with your dog and enjoy the training and everything that comes with it. We happy your still here, we must fight through them dark times to allow them good times to come to us.

Solarstrike

Gold Member
He'll love you more than anything. Dogs are something special in that they truly become your best friend. Just have to remember to keep the gaming controllers, cables, hats, clothes, up high :pie_grinning_sweat: Congrats!

Congrats OP. What a beautiful doggo that is 😍😍

Also sorry to hear about the tough times you've been going through. My first girlfriend of 8 years cheated on me and it broke me as a person but over time those wounds healed up. Give yourself time. Everything will fall back into place. God bless and thank you for sharing with us.

Last edited:

Saiyan-Rox

Sorry to hear about the tough time you have been through but im happy you are feeling better now and got a new pup. Dogs are brilliant company and so good for any mental problems, I have 2 Jack Russells and have been struggling with depression since last summer but they bring me alot of peace. Enjoy life with your dog and enjoy the training and everything that comes with it. We happy your still here, we must fight through them dark times to allow them good times to come to us.

Yeah honestly I got my cat for that reason a couple of years back but it didn't work lol I've always had dogs but wasn't allowed one at the time when I was single.

This little guy is Definitely helping for sure. But I'll admit I still miss my ex and being in a relationship for sure.

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
Yeah honestly I got my cat for that reason a couple of years back but it didn't work lol I've always had dogs but wasn't allowed one at the time when I was single.

This little guy is Definitely helping for sure. But I'll admit I still miss my ex and being in a relationship for sure.

Ah yea cats dont give the same love a dog can, I had dogs when I was younger then moved out of my mums, some time in army then at my dads after, went about 12 yrs without a dog and always felt something missing.

Im glad your pups helping, its ok to miss your ex and im sure yiu have heard it all before but your life will move on even if you feel your standing still and no possible way to move on. Il keep it short and spare the details but I was in a relationship with a girl I met the yr I started selection ect for army. Was with her while I was in, obviously a way alot but was in contact as much as possible and see each other when I was home. We spoke about a future together, getting a place ect. I came out of the army for her, then I think it all got to real for her and she muged me off. That was the end of 2016 and I had a rough couple of yrs out here in civy world feeling out of place (still do) and pretty lonely. About August 2018 I started dateing again, in that Oct I met my now wife and we have a house together and our 2 mad Jack Russells. I hope you dont take this the wrong way, I just wanted to share my story and hope it can help you have some hope for the future, we have to ride the waves that come our way, sometimes there real shitty, but now and then the good ones come and it makes it worth it. Right now try enjoy your time with your pup, he relies on you now, find some nice walks aswell, I always find getting out in the hills, trees rivers are great for my mind.

Saiyan-Rox

Ah yea cats dont give the same love a dog can, I had dogs when I was younger then moved out of my mums, some time in army then at my dads after, went about 12 yrs without a dog and always felt something missing.

Im glad your pups helping, its ok to miss your ex and im sure yiu have heard it all before but your life will move on even if you feel your standing still and no possible way to move on. Il keep it short and spare the details but I was in a relationship with a girl I met the yr I started selection ect for army. Was with her while I was in, obviously a way alot but was in contact as much as possible and see each other when I was home. We spoke about a future together, getting a place ect. I came out of the army for her, then I think it all got to real for her and she muged me off. That was the end of 2016 and I had a rough couple of yrs out here in civy world feeling out of place (still do) and pretty lonely. About August 2018 I started dateing again, in that Oct I met my now wife and we have a house together and our 2 mad Jack Russells. I hope you dont take this the wrong way, I just wanted to share my story and hope it can help you have some hope for the future, we have to ride the waves that come our way, sometimes there real shitty, but now and then the good ones come and it makes it worth it. Right now try enjoy your time with your pup, he relies on you now, find some nice walks aswell, I always find getting out in the hills, trees rivers are great for my mind.

I can't see myself finding anyone after her tbh I've never approached anyone while out or anything like that. Tried online dating but I'm not 6ft with a six pack and chiseled face so never get anywhere with that either.

And a big part of my thinks I don't deserve it either.

Top Bottom