• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I hate Windows 10 (ranting)

10 works okay for me for personal use but at work its a nightmare. I have to support software/networks for thousands of stores and shit like the creators update fucks everything up...did I say it's a nightmare? It's a nightmare.

Piers

Due to space limitations, have to keep a PC down at a small home in the south coast. This place has no modem socket, so no conventional internet. Mobile data only.
And this is a big problem with Windows 10 because despite even forcing auto-updates off in the registry, it still kept downloading huge updates and sucking up my gigabytes. On the login screen.

And it was four massive updates and rebuying Data packages before it'd finally stop that.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I have zero problems with Windows 10.
It's their best os yet yeah.

I had some video driver issues, Sam as 7 and 8.

Forcing patches is better than letting 1billionoobs turn off windows updates and build the universes hornet, so I always just smile now when I read about people just continually postponing until windows says 'fuck you patch time's.

Windows 10 is the only OS I've ever actively disliked

Vista, ME, whatever.

Fuck 10 then.

It actively goes out of it's way to fuck me over and inconvenience me.

Made sure I'll never buy anything MS ever again.

daveo42

Banned
I think one of the biggest issues I have with 10 is that it forces you into linking your OS to an Outlook email address. I tried to use my laptop a few weeks ago and couldn't login because it said I wasn't connected to the internet, couldn't set up an internet connection, and it wanted me to use the password I last used to login with. The issue is that password, which hasn't changed in years, doesn't work.

So...I've just turned it off and haven't touched it since. I got lucky with my PC in that I was able to avoid upgrading to 10. I've got 7 on it and works fine without any of the major hitches I've seen since 10 launched.

Mendrox

I think one of the biggest issues I have with 10 is that it forces you into linking your OS to an Outlook email address. I tried to use my laptop a few weeks ago and couldn't login because it said I wasn't connected to the internet, couldn't set up an internet connection, and it wanted me to use the password I last used to login with. The issue is that password, which hasn't changed in years, doesn't work.

So...I've just turned it off and haven't touched it since. I got lucky with my PC in that I was able to avoid upgrading to 10. I've got 7 on it and works fine without any of the major hitches I've seen since 10 launched.

No it doesn't. You can skip that.

Well okay I don't know if you can skip that with the Home version.

Skyr

Windows user since 3.1 here.

10 is the best Windows i have ever used. It runs like a dream for me.
I can't report any issues at all.

I wonder if certain driver/hardware combos are the root of issues for people.
It's so weird to me to read about so many unhappy users.

Oriel

Searched specifically for this thread as I've finally come to the end of the road with this abomination of an OS. Windows 10 is such an awful user experience I get more satisfaction using my work-based Windows 7 PC than I do at home with......this. Going back to the warm comfort blanket that is 7 tomorrow. Fuck off with your bullshit MS.

Dr.Acula

Banned
So I've been using Win10 for about three weeks and... it's fine, thankfully.

I've disabled ads, cortana, start menu stuff, auto-updates (set for "notify" to DL), the login screen, and prolly some other stuff and it's fine.

I didn't have to go through the creators update, and I'm also running Professional, so maybe that's why it seems fine to me.

Is everyone who has problems running Pro or Home mainly?

Top Bottom