• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(I Have To brag): I now have been owned 113 times by Nintendo!

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
830958225_96150953d8.jpg

Tideas said:
so you're the one keeping VC afloat...damn you!!!

Are you going to damn me too? I've purchased a handful of VC games.

It's a good service when you think about it but :lol at 80% of the OP's purchases. Most of them aren't even worth people paying you to take them.

Norse

disappeared said:

my thoughts exactly.....you better own a 360 and ps3 already if your pissing away that much money on retreads. You alone are worse than all sdf and xbots combined. You need professional help. LOL

Holy shit you can order software off the internet in exchange for money??? And you've done this how many times??? I need to look into this "virtual console" myself!!!

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
if you've ever purchased any of the following:

- collector's edition that came with unplayable, insubstantial extras
- statue of video game character
- xbla picture pack/theme
- $100+ rare/import game

then you really can't say much. he's spending his money on games that he and his friends enjoy. 113 is pretty extreme, but again, it's his money.

TheKingsCrown said:
Jesus fucking christ, that's a lot of money
If I had that much money to burn, I'd spend it on building a new computer instead.

But spending that much money on games you can play for free online in Flash is unacceptable.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I'd like to think that people that pay $8 for Columns in 200-fucking-7 have a special little corner of hell waiting for them.

Jiggy

Good job, man. If I was rich I'd probably buy at least 40 more myself (I only have 34) just to show my support of 2D gaming.

Dai Kaiju

That's like bragging because a girl called your penis "cute".

Be honest, how cute is your penis on a scale from mickey mouse to hello kitty?

Mark D

So what happens to the Wii main menu with all of those games up there? I'm thinking with all of those games you've purchased, every available page would be filled up. Does more space just get added as it fills up or what?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I still feel weird about getting all those Genesis games on Wii VC when you could have gotten like most of them for $20-29 for either the PSP or the PSTwo or if you are lucky for less than $50 you could maybe buy both... (maybe both used and pay even less).

Baryn

Banned
You aren't even a human. You're like some entity constructed for the express purpose of making poor buying decisions.

Panajev2001a said:
I still feel weird about getting all those Genesis games on Wii VC when you could have gotten like most of them for $20-29 for either the PSP or the PSTwo or if you are lucky for less than $50 you could maybe buy both... (maybe both used and pay even less).

That's what I don't get. The only Genesis games I own on the VC are the ones that aren't already available on the various budget compilations out there(Beyond Oasis, Gunstar Heroes, etc)

Bildi

Dai Kaiju said:
That's like bragging because a girl called your penis "cute".

Be honest, how cute is your penis on a scale from mickey mouse to hello kitty?
Depends how small your penis is, I guess.

Mar

So much bitterness in this thread.

If that's what you like to spend your money on, then grats. It certainly would be cool to have friends over and present them with such an expansive list. I remember I used to do the same but with MAME. But two or more people huddled around a PC is a bit of a joke.

One of these days I'll build that MAME cabinet I've always wanted to though... One day.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
WTF ppl, why all this hate? He can do whatever he wants with his money. If he is happy, let him be.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
good christ. mod an xbox. you don't have to wait for publishers to upload the games you want, you aren't stuck with dodgy console ports of arcade games, the emulators are amazingly tweakable, and you don't end up PAYING EXTORTIONATE PRICES FOR SCRAPS OF OLD DATA THAT YOU ALREADY BOUGHT ON CARTRIDGE YEARS AGO. i've downloaded a handful of psn and xbla classics i already own. just for the convenience of it. but this is absurd.

bengraven

It's better he buys the games than pirates them, so I commend him.

Even though I think he's a little too Nintendard.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i own one genesis vc game: toe jam and earl.

most of the time when i do buy a game on vc, it's because some friends are over and we feel like playing through something. a couple of nights ago me and two friends played through super mario world and cursed while we fell off ice blocks in the special levels; a friend and i played through zelda nes and finished at about 3am; probably gonna do the same thing for super metroid.

and the games all look beautiful, vibrant, and crisp, even when you blow them up on a huge tv. so i could complain about spending eight bucks on a game me and my friends can enjoy all evening, or realize that i could have just as easily spent that same eight bucks on a shitty movie (or the gas it took to drive to that shitty movie), and my friends and i actually have a chance to hang out, laugh, and talk while we play.

man, what a problem this thing is

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
PantherLotus said:
:lol @ the replies. You guys are horrendous.
it's the dude's own fault for writing a super-dee-duper happy post about his wonderful OCD and proceeding to explain why in list form

Razoric

Banned
godhandiscen said:
WTF ppl, why all this hate? He can do whatever he wants with his money. If he is happy, let him be.

He brought this on himself. Most people usually don't brag when they get ripped off.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i'm going to fire up my xbox and play contra hardcorps. on a saturn pad. upscaled to 720p and slightly widescreen, in keeping with the genny's 320x224 resolution. this is living.

KINGMOKU

Man o man. This is the type of thread that when your thinking about making it it seemed like a good idea, but then you just get destroyed for it.

It happened to me once. :(

Good luck wayword voyager.

Top Bottom