• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I Just Got Trolled By Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't assuming this happened at the factory. It went out with cookies in them. There is indeed cookie grease and crumbs at the bottom.

The switch happened at Target, because it wasn't done by her or myself. Not blaming the workers, I just hope whoever switched them is laughing as much as I was.

Ah gotcha gotcha.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
What a heist dude. Can you imagine opening up and either eating or stashing an entire pack of cookies without takin' the tray, all while walking around in the store? Even more hilarious is imagining someone going to the trouble of buying them, eating them, and replacing them with oranges which they already presumably had, all to go to the effort of returning them (and hoping the counter jockey wouldn't notice "oh the seal is broken on the cookies already" and refuse the return of SIX ORANGES).

If they did it all in the store and stuck it back on the shelf, even more hilarious is that the best "substitute" they could find for the cookies was oranges. They obviously thought carefully about what would be the best fit. I KNOW, LETS JUST TAKE SOME ORANGES

Completely bizarre, what does a pack of cookies cost like two dollars?

Erekiddo

Around $3.20 or so. Which is exactly why I'm not going to walk back into the store with them. My dignity is worth more than that.

If she decides to walk in there with these, I will be updating this topic.

Fusebox

Banned
My mate once took all the cans out of a case of soft drink and put an Xbox in it and took it up to the counter and paid for the case of soft drink and off he went.

wanders

What a heist dude. Can you imagine opening up and either eating or stashing an entire pack of cookies without takin' the tray, all while walking around in the store? Even more hilarious is imagining someone going to the trouble of buying them, eating them, and replacing them with oranges which they already presumably had, all to go to the effort of returning them (and hoping the counter jockey wouldn't notice "oh the seal is broken on the cookies already" and refuse the return of SIX ORANGES).

If they did it all in the store and stuck it back on the shelf, even more hilarious is that the best "substitute" they could find for the cookies was oranges. They obviously thought carefully about what would be the best fit. I KNOW, LETS JUST TAKE SOME ORANGES

Returned food is disposed. Makes you wonder what the hell happened lol

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
My mate once took all the cans out of a case of soft drink and put an Xbox in it and took it up to the counter and paid for the case of soft drink and off he went.

How did he fit an Xbox in a Soda box? And how did he get too a Xbox, those are usually locked up.

big_z

i didnt know cookie packs open like that now, can you reseal them? the package looks damaged enough that i cant imagine anyone not noticing it being tampered with.

GavinGT

Banned
i didnt know cookie packs open like that now, can you reseal them? the package looks damaged enough that i cant imagine anyone not noticing it being tampered with.

That's the whole point. They actually work very well. Just let the flap fall and it basically reseals itself. I believe the tamper-proof seal is on the far right side, where you see it looks ripped.

Erekiddo

Yeah, sticky resealable stuff on there. If only opened and placed back once, it would still look pretty legit unless you look carefully.

Load of crap imo.

For one..... if you could just pick up an Xbox and walk out with it there are FAR easier ways to steal one that that. Chances are you could walk out of the store with the box on the bottom of your cart and no one would even notice.

For another, no major retailer leaves major electronics out in the open. You have to get an employee to open the case and ring you up at the electronics counter. If the retailer he stole from really left them out in the open with no security devices they would go out of business very quickly.

Edit: If a display model I doubt it was just sitting out. Aren't they usually hidden/secured?

Dr Prob

Banned

How did he fit an Xbox in a Soda box? And how did he get too a Xbox, those are usually locked up.

Display model xbox into a 20 can pack? I'd think you'd have to spend time packing it though.

And what stupid thing to do to save a few hundred bucks!

Been sitting here for like five minutes imagining how this legendary boost went down.

Don't even want details. That was an awesome five minutes, man. Thanks.

Darren870

I've seen games being stolen before by putting in a music cd and taking out the game disc. Usually its done by delivery drivers.

However, I can't understand why they would want to do this. I guess 6 oranges missing isn't a big deal but a bag of cookies is? Maybe the driver was really hungry...?

Erekiddo

Update: she went back, and apparently Target knew of the problem. They stated other people were complaining of the same exact issue.

We have a cookie swapping suspect loose.

Tenks

How can you:

a) Not see the package is opened
b) Not realize it is filled with fruit
c) Not realize it isn't the correct weight/weight distribution

U2NUMB

Speaking of Target and theft (you stole oranges) I was there yesterday and I watched a woman take some hair coloring kit of some sort and shove it right into her front pocket on her hoodie. She was with 2 guys both of which could prob kick my ass so I said nothing but man that pissed me off the rest of the day...

Anyone else have a situation like this and did you tell someone at the store about it before they left?

FStop7

Banned
I bought a neat digital scale from Target once. I got it home and opened the box to discover some ratty ass disgusting old scale inside of it. Someone had bought the digital scale, taken it home, stuck their old scale in the box, and returned it to Target. They never even bothered to check.

AlexMogil

palestinianchicken.gif

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Update: she went back, and apparently Target knew of the problem. They stated other people were complaining of the same exact issue.

We have a cookie swapping suspect loose.

That's wonderful. I hope it becomes a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom