• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I Just Got Trolled By Target

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asimov

Banned
I can't see the picture. It's broken or maybe my work is blocking the image.

Could someone please upload the image to another host, please?

sn00zer

I would love if this turned out to be an extremist health nut (likely a high schooler who wants to change the world)

FStop7

Banned
Update: she went back, and apparently Target knew of the problem. They stated other people were complaining of the same exact issue.

We have a cookie swapping suspect loose.

Don't blame Cookie Monster, he's currently in another part of the galaxy.

cookiemonster1jqjn.png

CDX

How could someone pick up a box of cookies and not notice it was 6 oranges instead. The weight and balance would be different.

Man I thought the girl I knew who would take portrait frames and replace the family portraits with weirdo b/w images was on some shit, but a serial cookie replacer is a whole new level. You might be uncovering something serious here, NeoNess.

She said as soon and she walked up to the return counter with the bag in her hand, they asked her, "oranges?"

:lol
incredible

lol

I thought as much, yeah it's the big C himself.

Hah! At least we're all in agreement then. Get that criminal!

I can confirm the #1 person of suspicion is Sunil

As absurd as the events of last week were, this will always be funny as hell

I'm honestly wondering what the purpose of this was, beyond hilarity. Who eats this many cookies? Is it practicing for a super heist? Should I not buy a TV from Target?!

Edit:

She said as soon and she walked up to the return counter with the bag in her hand, they asked her, "oranges?"

:lol

... What the hell is going on at this Target?!

javac

Javac:With respect, Master NeoNess, perhaps this is a man that you don't fully understand either. A long time ago, I was in Target. My friends and I were working for the local government. They were trying to buy the loyalty of tribal leaders by bribing them with precious cookies. But their caravans were being raided in a forest north of Rangoon by a bandit. So we went looking for the cookies. But in six months, we never met anyone who had traded with him. One day I saw a child playing with a ruby the size of a tangerine. The bandit had been throwing the cookies away.

NeoNess: So why steal them?

javac: Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like cookies. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Jarate

Banned
I call bullshit

First, the oranges would roll in the packaging which will cause displacement pf weight which is really noticeable. If the oranges were neatly tucked in there would be 3 large bulges that would stick out incredibly

Also, the weight would mostly likely be different

Thirdly, they have security cameras everywhere in target, and if they knew this was a recurring problem, they could figure it out pretty fast

Erekiddo

I've been a member here for.. 7 years? I'm not creating fabricated stories just for fun. It happened, I don't any additional details than those I've already provided. Yes it rolls and was heavier, I'm not sure how she didn't notice this.

Rather than fire off some fuled email toward The Consumerist or other sites, I figured I'd share it here. I thought it was funny. She'll be more careful next time.

I'm glad it was a bag of cookies and not a swapped out iPad. Those are horror stories I'd rather not deal with.

I call bullshit

First, the oranges would roll in the packaging which will cause displacement pf weight which is really noticeable. If the oranges were neatly tucked in there would be 3 large bulges that would stick out incredibly

Also, the weight would mostly likely be different

Thirdly, they have security cameras everywhere in target, and if they knew this was a recurring problem, they could figure it out pretty fast

I don't think people pay as much attention to the "feel" of their groceries as you think.

You are correct about the security cameras and I am sure the store knows who did it by now. However, I don't see how that would change anything if it was one teenager who came in once and pulled off the swap in 30 packages or so by smuggling them to the back. Security doesn't just sit there watching the tapes live usually.

iammeiam

If she hadn't already taken them back, I'd say peel the oranges, maybe this is some epic-level magic trick illusion and there are cookies inside. Or maybe they're filled with yogurt!

This is obviously the work of some sort of genius. Or bored teengagers.

Jarate

Banned
I don't think people pay as much attention to the "feel" of their groceries as you think.

You are correct about the security cameras and I am sure the store knows who did it by now. However, I don't see how that would change anything if it was one teenager who came in once and pulled off the swap in 30 packages or so by smuggling them to the back. Security doesn't just sit there watching the tapes live usually.
I think every human being here would feel the weight displacement of the bag. This isn't Supermarket Sweep.

Also, doesnt everything seem to right? This has a fake reddit post written all over it

I think every human being here would feel the weight displacement of the bag. This isn't Supermarket Sweep.

Also, doesnt everything seem to right? This has a fake reddit post written all over it

I honestly don't think I would. If it was only a couple oranges with a lot of room to roll around maybe, but I from the pic posted they only have a few inches to move. Would not be enough for you to feel the "roll".

SRG01

SRG01 have you been grocery shopping in the past ten years?

We don't have those packages up here in Canada.

Those seals are pretty beefy.

Maybe if you shook it, but who would do that to a package of cookies? It would destroy them.

Well, not just shake them. Inverting it, tipping it sideways at a slight angle, or just carrying it out of the store would've applied a reasonable amount of force.

We don't have those packages up here in Canada.

Well, not just shake them. Inverting it, tipping it sideways at a slight angle, or just carrying it out of the store would've applied a reasonable amount of force.

Naw. The seals are VERY beefy. It is highly unlikely that the relatively small oranges shown in OP could gain the momentum required to break the seal without violent shaking.

Not sure how they do it honestly.

squidyj

look, as hilarious as this all is, don't eat those oranges, there's some guy who took a box of cookies and swapped it with oranges, now maybe he just likes a good joke.... but maybe there's something wrong with him.

there was a lady who was going around putting pins in food not long ago around these parts.

Edit: Oh I see they already went back.

PatzCU

I lol'd for reals, thanks for the troll story OP. I don't even want to ruin the magic by thinking about how this was done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom