• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I Just Saw A Mental Health Awareness Commercial.... Featuring FF7 Rebirth

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

ranmafan

I've seen on facebook in some gaming groups people posting pictures of billboards in the us with the same ads as well.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I'd be depressed too if I played FF games and had to live through unskippable cut scenes. I remember playing FF7 on a PS1 demo disc and I was mashing buttons to no avail from endless text boxes and summon monster spells.

WTF! Safe Space? That was cringe!!😬 😢
It's language used in places like Seattle and California, which just so happen to both be places where the majority of the western video game industry exists. It's why the conversations surrounding a certain 3 letter company are silly, because this is ingrained in the culture over there. You would have to rip out 2 and a half states and multiple industries for it to go away.

Last edited:

SHA

So having feelings towards something is no longer a privilege in the gaming industry? that's straight nazi docs trying to lecture us imo.

squarealex

It’s no joke. If you constantly grunt like this it’s a sign of severe mental health issues.

Not gonna lie, this is one of many reasons I hate FF7 Remake.

Somehow, FF16 didn't do this (maybe because English dub), but even on FF14 with Japanese dub, they not act like this bullshit.

Last edited:
Saw one with Vinnie Jones recently

I'm guessing there are a lot of people going through a rough patch and need encouragement to talk about it

The same Vinnie Jones who was convicted of assaulting his elderly neighbour and was a notorious bully on and off the pitch?

Deft Beck

This is just the marketing arm wanting to do something new, but it actually fits well with the overall themes of the game.

Lunarorbit

Nice. Good job ad council. Seriously.

Suicide prevention/mental health is a super important issue especially with the housing market like it is. Sure it could come off as cheesy but I bet this speaks to some video game players

*Nightwing

I would have preferred to use my imagination.

First Disney ruins the lore of my childhood by making Luke, Han, and Leiahs journey pointless cause they never really defeated the empire.

Now FF7 characters are being pimped out to the highest bidder despite it being a great cause?!?!
I really don’t need the cgi characters I fap to telling me not to kill myself. That’s just even more depressing.

What’s next!! Is the clean boy Drake gonna go full evil pedo and bastardize Tupac’s legacy to loose a fake rap beef and loose his NCard?

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I mean cloud suffers from a mental disability. He literally thinks he is someone else while think he is becoming even another person.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
OP apparently doesn't know that Cloud and them do sidequests in their spare time.

Top Bottom