• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I loved The Abyss and Aliens on 4K Blu Ray..

RPS37

But while I was watching BOTH movies, the movie froze!
I googled it, then look at both discs and they both had scratches from being stacked in the disc case.

I’m getting replacements from Wal Mart, but should I include the slip case in the return box? (Honest question.)

RPS37

Yes. Otherwise the DNR serial killer will turn you into a wax statue.
GIF by FC Barcelona

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I've watched Aliens on my 4k disc twice and didn't have the issue. Guess I got lucky. I remember this from the DVD age though with cheap players.

Lunarorbit

I watched abyss the other night. Actually la confidential, then abyss, and finally predator all on hulu.

I remembered the basics of abyss but it was great to see that it still holds up since I hadn't seen it since I was a kid when it came out.

Drew1440

They use two to four layers, so are more sensitive to scratches or marks. They should really be stored in a caddy like the early CD-ROMs were.

HAYA8U5A

They use two to four layers, so are more sensitive to scratches or marks. They should really be stored in a caddy like the early CD-ROMs were.

They are still fairly hard to scratch yourself or from a case. The scratches causing so many issues are happening at the Mexican plant during production long before they even get packaged so it isn't going to matter how they are stored. Sadly this means most North American discs are just a scratch lottery these days with Paramount being one of the few using the German plant which isn't plagued by this. Either the machines in the Mexican plant are faulty and need replaced/repaired, the different environment is leading to more sand and dust particles in the plant which get into the machines and scratch or it is a labor issue. Personally I lean labor issue considering how many times I have also found short black hairs in my movies.

Top Bottom