• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think it's time to shed the idea that Street Fighter V is a bad game.

I never really play online (casul 4 life right?) so if that's the only place you see it, that kinda sucks for me. Seems like a thing that should be visible in a menu somewhere imo.

You can see the exp bar for any character currently selected as your main character in your battle profile. If you want to check other characters, just go into battle settings, switch your character, and then bring up your profile again.

Raitaro

You can see the exp bar for any character currently selected as your main character in your battle profile. If you want to check other characters, just go into battle settings, switch your character, and then bring up your profile again.

Wow, thanks, I had no idea!

Synth

MS funded KI, Sony helped funding SFV...

MS OWNS Killer Instinct. It couldn't have been funded by anyone else. Let's not disingenuous here... Capcom had options, just as they're currently demonstrating with Marvel vs Capcom Infinite. Ono said himself that XB1 was to see SFV.

Comparing Street Fighter to Killer Instinct is about as stupid as comparing Titanfall to Killzone. Let's not.

Raitaro

Follow up to my earlier post about survival and FM gain:

So, after some more experimentation I am convinced that completing survival on easy does not give you FM on its own, only some experience which in turn might give you FM if your character levels up.

When I look at my fighter profile and go to the "discipline" tab and the "FM earned by character" option, all my characters are now at 18000 FM earned, save for Ryu who I've used online and Ed who is 500 short for a reason I can't decipher. All of them are at level 18 as well (which by the way should be visible in the battle settings menu itself for convenience, not just in the fighter profile one character at a time...).

For all of them I have completed the character story mode and watched the demonstrations but not the trials (as they are honestly too hard for me) and yes, I was connected to CFN while doing those activities.

For some I have competed survival on easy now but for others I have not, which to me proves that it doesn't add FM on its own. The exp gain is trickier to decipher as for some characters did reach level 18 by completing survival but others (that I also never used online and only did the same modes with) are already at 18 even though I did not complete survival with them yet.

I now wonder if it would be worth it to do survival on normal at all for FM actually. I'll experiment more when Abigail releases later today by starting with survival this time.

Edit: Again, apologies for not posting this in the "earn FM" thread. I only noticed my mistake after doing some follow-up replies...

Pompadour

Follow up to my earlier post about survival and FM gain:

So, after some more experimentation I am convinced that completing survival on easy does not give you FM on its own, only some experience which in turn might give you FM if your character levels up.

When I look at my fighter profile and go to the "discipline" tab and the "FM earned by character" option, all my characters are now at 18000 FM earned, save for Ryu who I've used online and Ed who is 500 short for a reason I can't decipher. All of them are at level 18 as well (which by the way should be visible in the battle settings menu itself for convenience, not just in the fighter profile one character at a time...).

For all of them I have completed the character story mode and watched the demonstrations but not the trials (as they are honestly too hard for me) and yes, I was connected to CFN while doing those activities.

For some I have competed survival on easy now but for others I have not, which to me proves that it doesn't add FM on its own. The exp gain is trickier to decipher as for some characters did reach level 18 by completing survival but others (that I also never used online and only did the same modes with) are already at 18 even though I did not complete survival with them yet.

I now wonder if it would be worth it to do survival on normal at all for FM actually. I'll experiment more when Abigail releases later today by starting with survival this time.

You're supposed to get 2K FM for just completing it and some EXP on top of that. For instance, if you never touched a character and did their Character Story and Easy Survival you'd get a total of 16k. 2K for the story, 2K for Easy Survival, and 12 levels worth of XP that each award 1k so 12k. 12k + 2k + 2k.

Maybe it's bugged or they changed it yet no one noticed it until now. However, it's well documented that it did give 2K FM at one point.

People can test tonight with Abigail. My guess is maybe a bug is preventing a message notifying you of the FM bonus or maybe it's just not giving you the FM. I only assume that it could be a bug because, weirdly, every Trial Vol. 2 but Ryu gave me FM. Now I wasn't keeping track so maybe I did receive the FM but the message certainly didn't appear in my history.

Dartastic

You're supposed to get 2K FM for just completing it and some EXP on top of that. For instance, if you never touched a character and did their Character Story and Easy Survival you'd get a total of 16k. 2K for the story, 2K for Easy Survival, and 12 levels worth of XP that each award 1k so 12k. 12k + 2k + 2k.

Maybe it's bugged or they changed it yet no one noticed it until now. However, it's well documented that it did give 2K FM at one point.

People can test tonight with Abigail. My guess is maybe a bug is preventing a message notifying you of the FM bonus or maybe it's just not giving you the FM. I only assume that it could be a bug because, weirdly, every Trial Vol. 2 but Ryu gave me FM. Now I wasn't keeping track so maybe I did receive the FM but the message certainly didn't appear in my history.
You also need to be connected to their server and I don't think you can just do the same trial over and over.

Pompadour

You also need to be connected to their server and I don't think you can just do the same trial over and over.

I was connected. I wouldn't bother doing the Trials offline.

I also redid one of the trials as I read that if you completed them offline just doing Trial 1 online sends the update to the server and you get your payout. Still didn't work.

This was smack dab in the middle of a session where I did most of the characters trials and got the payouts so it's even weirder.

Raitaro

You are correct. For some it did give me 2000 according to the message log. Only for the characters that had not reached level 18 before doing survival for some reason though, as mentioned. No message and no FM for those. Quite shitty if this is truly a bug and I'm now missing out on 2000 FM per survival run in some cases...Then again, all my characters are now on the same 18000 FM total gained so it seems like I can't technically be missing any FM (except for Ed and his 500 less)...

As promised I'll report back when I can try again with Abigail, just to be sure it isn't just the messages that are not popping up.

Edit: bought Abigail and did survival on easy with him first this time. He went from level 1 to 8 and has now earned me 10000 FM in the process. The message log mentions him earning 5000 exp, 8000 FM and 2000 FM (along with some color and costume unlocks). The 2000 seem to be for survival going by earlier posts but it does remain strange that I have not gotten that for all characters I completed survival with because it seems to be tied to their levels as well. I'll now do story and demonstrations with Abigail to double check if I'll end up at the usual 18000, in which case my worries have been for naught.

Edit 2: watching the demonstration earned me another 1000 exp for Abigail, making him reach level 9, as well as 1000 + 500 FM. Doing his (awesomely dumb) story made him jump to level 13 and earned me another 6000 FM (divided up into 4x 1000 and 1x 2000). Just like Ed, he is now at 17500 FM and not 18000 like all my other characters but apart from this missing 500, I feel reassured that I'm getting most of the usual FM for doing these modes despite not getting all the messages earlier.

Edit 3: Again, apologies for not posting this in the "earn FM" thread. I only noticed my mistake after doing some follow-up replies...

Top Bottom