• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I witnessed some utterly disgusting behavior at Subway today... just ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to corporate, even after having talked to the manager. Tell them you were extremely offended and you will never set foot in a Subway again. And both of those are true, just make a point of saying that and corporate WILL get involved.

If society hopes to advance LGBT rights we as a society shouldn't let people call gay people "faggots", least of all in a fucking workplace. This story really made my blood boil.

SeanR1221

Can't tell you how many stories I've heard of someone coming down to fire a person and ending up taking down multiple people with them. That shit really does happen in places where people are easily expendable. A lot of higher ups really give no fucks about your kids/bills if they think they can sweep a potential issue under the rug by letting a hand full of people go.

Ok I'll bite. Give me 3 examples

sappyday

Weirdly enough today at work a transsexual walked in and got a sandwhich. She was taking a long time just to choose what she wanted. There was a dude behind her and was very impatient. I work graveyard shift and only two people work that shift and so my co-worker was on his 30. Well like ten minutes later I was done with her order and the dude after me was angry and started saying a lot of offensive things about her. He looks at me while saying it as though he expected me to agree. I just ignored him and continued his order.

It just reminded me a lot if this thread

So what the guy did was wrong and he clearly deserved to lose his job.

However OP, iI'm surprised you wasn't concerned with the fact that dude was yelling all over your sandwich. Oh... Hells No! If I was there, they was not going to be arguing over my sandwich. All that spit flying in your food... Shit, you probably ate the whole argument! That alone would have had me call the manager and let him know what was up.

Besides this, to the real topic at hand... This was utterly disgusting. From what your saying, she didn't even go in on him but called him a bitch-made dude which he certainly proved by calling her a faggot. He had no defense but to resort to derogatory words because he felt some type of way. I guess the truth hurted and he did the only thing that, in his case, a bitch made dude would do. She wasn't right either by even pursuing the argument or even belittling his manliness. She is also held accountable for her actions. However him being able to keep his job is ridiculous and I'm glad you left that hole for better service.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Ok I'll bite. Give me 3 examples
I have one personal and two passed on to me.

The one I saw for myself was at my last job. 2 co-workers got into an argument right after break (I don't know who instigated what) and some harsh language was used. One of the friends of the two girls came over to calm them down and was successful. A complaint was filed about the incident and someone came down to investigate the matter. Both people, the 1 friend included, were let go. When our supervisor tried to explain to these people that she wasn't involved and was a model employee they didn't give a fuck. The conclusion was that they all knew each other and all 3 were together when it all went down.

The other incidences were told to me by a friend and an acquaintance. My friend worked at a chicken shop before working at the current job we both have. At this place there is a strict no smoking policy. You gotta go outside. Well one day a person didn't go outside and decided it was too cold out so fuck that noise. One of the customers noticed this and complained to the manager about it and as part of procedure he wrote down the incident and sent it to his boss'. Well the next day they came down with a hammer. 4 people were let go (including my current work-mate) and only 1 of them was the perpetrator. Why? Because they figured the other 3 knew about it and didn't say anything, which is against policy. My friend was in the shitter when this dude decided to take a smoke break inside. Higher ups gave no fucks because no one else could confirm his story.

Few years ago a passing acquaintance I met with through mutual friends was complaining about being let go from his factory job over a sexual harassment allegation. A friend of his was hitting on two girls at break and wouldn't leave them alone. This erupted into an argument and people shouting. Plant supervisor talked to all 4 of them about it and one girl got fired immediately for making a scene in his office because she said he wasn't taking this serious (apparently she picked something up and threw it at the wall. Don't blame her, I'd be pissed too.), the other girl then quit, and the supervisor fired my acquaintance and his douchebag friend. The acquaintance had nothing to do with it really though, he was just there. Even the two ladies testified as much according to him. No fucks given. Gone.

Me going to corporate could end up just getting this dude fired and that's it... but I can't ignore the fact that innocent people do get fired for other peoples bullshit, man. It really happens.

The thought that I could get some people fired who were just as uncomfortable about the situation as I was just for being present doesn't sit with very well with my conscience. Getting a steady job is not easy out here.

Weirdly enough today at work a transsexual walked in and got a sandwhich. She was taking a long time just to choose what she wanted. There was a dude behind her and was very impatient. I work graveyard shift and only two people work that shift and so my co-worker was on his 30. Well like ten minutes later I was done with her order and the dude after me was angry and started saying a lot of offensive things about her. He looks at me while saying it as though he expected me to agree. I just ignored him and continued his order.

It just reminded me a lot if this thread
Yes! Fucking this! The dude did this with me as well. Almost looking for approval when he was making fun of her being a lesbian before he went full crazy.

The fuck is wrong with people.

Have you guys never heard of poetic justice?
That's exactly what I was going for, but I think this thread is just a little too tense for that type of colorful commentary.

I just hope this thread doesn't derail and make this all about that regrettable comment.

That's exactly what I was going for, but I think this thread is just a little too tense for that type of colorful commentary.

I just hope this thread doesn't derail and make this all about that regrettable comment.

I hope it goes back on topic too, bro. I do agree with your sentiment about how it's bad for Subway employees (and people in general) to treat the LGBT community like shit in a public place like that, though.

SeanR1221

I have one personal and two passed on to me.

The one I saw for myself was at my last job. 2 co-workers got into an argument right after break (I don't know who instigated what) and some harsh language was used. One of the friends of the two girls came over to calm them down and was successful. A complaint was filed about the incident and someone came down to investigate the matter. Both people, the 1 friend included, were let go. When our supervisor tried to explain to these people that she wasn't involved and was a model employee they didn't give a fuck. The conclusion was that they all knew each other and all 3 were together when it all went down.

The other incidences were told to me by a friend and an acquaintance. My friend worked at a chicken shop before working at the current job we both have. At this place there is a strict no smoking policy. You gotta go outside. Well one day a person didn't go outside and decided it was too cold out so fuck that noise. One of the customers noticed this and complained to the manager about it and as part of procedure he wrote down the incident and sent it to his boss'. Well the next day they came down with a hammer. 4 people were let go (including my current work-mate) and only 1 of them was the perpetrator. Why? Because they figured the other 3 knew about it and didn't say anything, which is against policy. My friend was in the shitter when this dude decided to take a smoke break inside. Higher ups gave no fucks because no one else could confirm his story.

Few years ago a passing acquaintance I met with through mutual friends was complaining about being let go from his factory job over a sexual harassment allegation. A friend of his was hitting on two girls at break and wouldn't leave them alone. This erupted into an argument and people shouting. Plant supervisor talked to all 4 of them about it and one girl got fired immediately for making a scene in his office because she said he wasn't taking this serious (apparently she picked something up and threw it at the wall. Don't blame her, I'd be pissed too.), the other girl then quit, and the supervisor fired my acquaintance and his douchebag friend. The acquaintance had nothing to do with it really though, he was just there. Even the two ladies testified as much according to him. No fucks given. Gone.

Me going to corporate could end up just getting this dude fired and that's it... but I can't ignore the fact that innocent people do get fired for other peoples bullshit, man. It really happens.

The thought that I could get some people fired who were just as uncomfortable about the situation as I was just for being present doesn't sit with very well with my conscience. Getting a steady job is not easy out here.

Yes! Fucking this! The dude did this with me as well. Almost looking for approval when he was making fun of her being a lesbian before he went full crazy.

The fuck is wrong with people.

All of your stories lack a lot of details that could be critical. So, do the right thing and report it.

Lucario

UPDATE:

Went to the Subway before work again, hoping to not see the dude there, but he still was. *sigh* Seemed like everything was pretty normal around there too.

Well, I did what I said I was going to do, I asked to see the manager and I spoke with him about the matter. Apparently he didn't hear exactly what was being said that day, just the loud noise, and no one told him anything else about it. He looked quite perturbed as I was talking to him about it and he seemed genuinely concerned. I heard him call the dudes name as I was walking out so I know he talked with him. Whether this leads to him being fired or not I don't know...

What I do know is that when I go there tomorrow and if he's still working there I'm done with this place for good. Fuck 'em. I'll go to the Blimpie's up the street. It's about 3 minutes out of my way in comparison, but I can manage that well enough with no problems.

I didn't feel "proud" when I took the manager a side today but I dd feel like the onus of this whole situation was a lot lighter on my conscience. I just pray to Helix something like this never happens again in my life. (this isn't over officially until tomorrow though)

You might not feel proud, but you should know that you did the right thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom