• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Idris Elba Teases Role in New Video Game

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In a new interview with IGN to promote his role as Knuckles in Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Idris Elba teased that he will be appearing in an upcoming video game. When asked if he'd like to don a motion-capture suit and star in a video game, Elba teased that "there is something coming, real soon". Idris Elba previously voiced a character in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and later played a coach in NBA 2K20, but has largely played small supporting roles. As of right now, Elba isn't revealing what game he's in, who's developing it, or any other specifics, but it sounds like we'll learn more soon.

Last edited:

Hugare

Loved the voice of Colt in Deathloop, but Idris would have been so perfect for that role

Great actor, excited for whatever he is in

Zannegan

Gotta be CoD, right? They always want a popular but not too expensive mainstream actor to take center a jarring stage role in their campaign ads. Or did they stop doing that after the whole Kevin Spacey debacle?

EDMIX

Gotta be CoD, right? They always want a popular but not too expensive mainstream actor to take center a jarring stage role in their campaign ads. Or did they stop doing that after the whole Kevin Spacey debacle?

Damn that would be awesome if he played some bad guy in that series.

Like COD Africa, you are in the congo in war torn Africa and he is some wild warlord and China is backing Africa and US and Europe are teaming up in some future war and Elba as the main bad guy is explaining how its Africa's time to raise and take back whats theirs.

That or....a Far Cry bad guy, same story lol (save or destroy them villages) The lone solider will have to decide to support their country or humanity, but will realize being morally good is the best thing ala Dances With Wolves rip off....we can do it Zannegan, we can make it work! lol

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
So were those controllers fuzzy in the video? Seems like a terrible idea.

Edit: OMG Xbox controllers for Sonic? Is it Wednesday already?

Last edited:

Starfield

Rob Nancy's: Apparition Reconnaissance

I'm sure one of those twitter insiders will soon spill the beans

Last edited:

CS Lurker

I want him as James Bond in the IO's Project 007.

If it's not going to happen in the movies, it would be cool to see happening in a game.

Top Bottom