• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: IEM VIII World Championship – SC2 ($100,000 Winner-Takes-All), LoL & Hearthstone!

SamuraiX-

DTi1AKM.png

TLO knows wazzup.

Commercial breaks longer than the games.

/dead

Omega

Banned
Being upset at something I love to watch upsets you so much? There have been some great games in this tournament and these first 2 games were not entertaining at all. It's ridiculous that the end of the tournament stats like that.

We're supposed to share opinions here as it is a forum.

I'd like anyone else to speak up if posts like that "drive ppl from the community".

I'm just a casual SC2 viewer and that's not bothering me.

I mean I kind of agree with the post. I don't watch much SC2, but this is just meh. For a $100k grand finals it's kind of embarrassing.

Syf

Banned
I think it's fine to express opinions. There's been a lot of fan frustration in the past few months. This finals is hardly even showing the kind of game Starcraft is. Just proxy cheese every map. It's pretty embarrassing for the game considering the setting.

GC|Simon

I don't lilke the "winner takes it all" rule. There is ALWAYS luck involved and everyone who went to this championship has great skill. Why not give them at least a bit of money?

"Guys, I feel like we're going to get some REALLY REALLY long games".

Finals was disgusting. Some serious awesome and amazing games this weekend but what a bad finals.

SamuraiX-

The grand final barely went over an hour.

At least sOs is giving IEM good footage for their 2014-2015 highlight reel.

$200,000 in less than 4 months. Proto$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

SamuraiX-

I don't lilke the "winner takes it all" rule. There is ALWAYS luck involved and everyone who went to this championship has great skill. Why not give them at least a bit of money?

The commentators are shamelessly playing it off like they go home with nothing. herO still wins 800 WCS Points and that'll definitely mean something for him.

All travel expenses are paid for the players as well.

peakish

Sad finals. I was really hoping for hero and good games in general but no luck this time.

As for whine it's definitely grating to some extent to constantly see it in threads. Commenting on balance or boring match-ups is one thing but when a protoss can never take a game without comments about his race it stacks up quickly.

Double

Yeah that's just a horribly shitty PR-move. I don't like that IEM is doing this at all.

i feared for the absolute worst and it was even worse than that... at least seed vs. mc (another pvp finale that was anticlimactic) had some cool new builds. hero vs. sos was just lol.

kasane

ßthePenguin;104597724 said:
Yeah that's just a horribly shitty PR-move. I don't like that IEM is doing this at all.

iem did a lot for sc and they fell off

they needed to make some noise

Sickafant

Wow, I tuned in late expecting to have missed only the first map. Instead, I only caught the final game...

At least yesterday's games were good.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO

They were doing it as a PR stunt, make it seem epic, I wouldn't have bothered going if I were a pro.

sep

Aside from the final, gotta say I had a lot of fun watching IEM and for me SC2 is still the most entertaining e-sport to watch.
CS:GO was cool too, but I don't know much about it and it's so quick. To figure out what was going on I ended up looking at the minimap most of the time.

Syf

Banned
Aside from the final, gotta say I had a lot of fun watching IEM and for me SC2 is still the most entertaining e-sport to watch.
Yeah, agreed. There were some spectacular games and the tournament has been done really well by ESL/IEM. Just a shame so many tournaments lately have been coming down to this sort of frustrating play in the later rounds. I hope the necessary changes are made so SC can shine again.

RayStorm

So why was there no interview with sOs at the end or anything really? They hardly ran out of time. So why that sudden end?

:( I was hopeing the score would be 4-3 or even 4-2 but it was a measly 4-1 and it ended so fast.

So disappointed at how the finals ended. Was hopeing herO would win as well. :(

Oh well GGWP to everyone as there were some awesome games except the finals and Naniwa.

I hope ESL does another IEM but without the top only prize pool.

Congrats to the CS: GO team that won!.

survivor

Banned
So KTB won the tournament without dropping a single map and apparently they aren't even top 3 best teams in Korea going by various comments online. I don't really watch LoL, but is it becoming like SC2 where it's Korea vs the world?

Top Bottom