• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you could change the genre of any game franchise...

Fbh

Dragon Ball into action games.
I know there have been some examples of this but big Dragon Ball games tend to stick to the fighting genre. I'd love to see one that's pure action with Platinum style combat, moving through levels with some light exploration, unique bosses, etc

Also Naruto into an action/adventure franchise
Go back to the core idea behind the Ubisoft Naruto games but improve on the gameplay. Make combat more like an action game instead of a shitty fighter, add some prince of persia inspired platforming and double down on the light puzzle aspect of combining the powers of various characters to move past some obstacles.

This sounds like the worst thing I could ever imagine. Why are people still hung up on that garbage combat from JO/JA? Lightsaber combat could be done so, so much better now. Shame nobody seems to want to try.

Because some people aren't crazy and have good tastes in combat systems? Not saying light saber combat couldn't be improved on, but they haven't. It's been well over a decade, with multiple games from multiple sub-series, from multiple studios and they keep finding new ways to make it worse and worse.

C.Mongler

I would kill for a fighting game with DotA characters. Or even an ARTS; hopefully that battlepass campaign will scratch that itch.

Skronk

Banned
I would turn Bloodborne into a COD multiplayer shooter because I couldn't think of anything people would hate more.

Top Bottom