• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Exclusive re-reveal of a *Long Forgotten* Game Tomorrow [Up:Wrong Answers In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mdk7

Ok, they were right this time.
This is probably the best trailer i've ever seen (or at least surely it's among the very best ones)... It's just astonishing.

Doffen

Doffen said:
Timesplitters 4
Dead Island
B.C. (Yeah I know)
Fifa 12
Harry Potter DH part 2
Rage
The Outsider
Milo (Kinect)

EDIT: The Peter Jackson game project

i-win.jpg

Zenith

Banned
What a switcharound. A good game but an average trailer.

And more than few said Dead Island.

IGN said:
But will a first-person melee combat action game with RPG elements really work?

I've seen so little of Dead Island that it's impossible to make that call yet.

Yeuch at IGN. That game type's been done before with success and they decided to write a preview about something they don't know.

NYR

Mama Robotnik said:
No we're fools for going along with them and being baited.
Just saying, hype as a mechanism doesn't fit with what was said here. The comments made by IGN are in line with the general consensus of the posts on this forum after the video was posted. If there was exaggeration and misleading information, it was thinly veiled in the opinion that this was a visually stunning trailer.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Showing a little kid being killed is a pretty cheap way to elicit an emotional connection from people. Trailer of the year? lolll

Am interested in seeing more though.

derFeef said:
Okay, the trailer was actually good.
smh@ Junior kneejerk reactions.

It's a decent trailer, nowhere near worthy of the immense hype. and it's still just another zombie game I don't care what you say.

ArjanN

Zenith said:
What a switcharound. A good game but an average trailer.

And more than few said Dead Island.

It's clearly better than the average game trailer considering at least half of those consist of just text on screen witth quick flashing cuts of gameplay that don't tell you anything.

Corto

Lost Fragment said:
Showing a little kid being killed is a pretty cheap way to elicit an emotional connection from people. Trailer of the year? lolll

Am interested in seeing more though.

You say cheap, someone else could say risky. But it's so skilfully done, with the whole reverse narrative that I'm sure it really caught everyone that was expecting just another video game CG trailer by surprise. The last family frame made it even more meaningful. At least with me it had resonance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom