• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Exclusive re-reveal of a *Long Forgotten* Game Tomorrow [Up:Wrong Answers In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenith

Banned
Big Ass Ramp said:
http://twitter.com/hilarygoldstein/status/37892069741703168

He's trying to back down the hype of calling the "trailer of the year" by blaming it on people who got excited. Classy.

Just a reminder of his hyping this trailer up:

"shocking and unforgettable"

"the trailer really is phenomenal, a word I don't use lightly"
EDIT: Hilary did not say this, it was another IGN employee.

and

"Wow. Saw the game trailer of the year just now. Holy crap. You will see it exclusively on IGN tomorrow. WOW."

but don't overhype it guys

IGNorant. At least Joystiq fired the guy who hyped up their fake megaton reveal.

ArjanN

edgefusion said:
It's a silly opinion if you don't actually understand what I meant. My point was that if not a single person has guessed what it is by now then it can't have been that popular the first time around and so is unlikely to elicit an "Aw yeah, awesome! That game!" response. All the games that would create that reaction have been listed and denied, as such the announcement will most likely be a disappointment due to nobody knowing/remembering/caring about the game to begin with. It clearly never made an impression on people if nobody can actually guess what it is.

Well, my point is that a relaunch of something could be way more exciting than whatever was originally shown. If anything was shown originally in the first place. There's a bunch of projects where all we ever even had was just a name or a single screenshot.

I'll agree the people here expecting it to be a big franchise sequel or something are going to be dissapointed, but those people are dumb anyway because IGN already said that's not what it is.

I gave up on these guys back when I was following Halo Reach coverage. It was one of those situations where I was following the game closely enough to notice all of their errors/lies, and to compare their analysis and presentation of the same content that other outlets were offering.

I agree that IGN sucks.

ArjanN

_Alkaline_ said:
IGN: Get hyped!!!
GAF: Yeah!
IGN: Don't get hyped!!!

More like:

IGN: Hey, i saw a cool trailer!
GAF: Shen Mue 3 confirmed!!!!
IGN: Ummm..no, it's a cool trailer for a low profile game
GAF: IGN SUCKS!

And that's coming from someone who hates IGN more than most people.

ArjanN said:
More like:

They called it "phenomenal" and "trailer of the year". They're hit fishing. Nothing more, nothing less.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
ArjanN said:
More like:

Yeah. God forbid people read the OP, realise IGN's advertising an exclusive video and read what it's not going to be.

AceBandage said:
They called it "phenomenal" and "trailer of the year". They're hit fishing. Nothing more, nothing less.

This is the most entertaining thing IGN has done for years but they're not getting any hits from me.
I'm going to wait for someone to youtube it, though it's probably already on GameTrailers.

fernoca

Hmm. There's this preview of this game called "Shoot Many Robots" which is a 2D-Contra like game.

Prior to this update, there was a teaser trailer from October 2010, but maybe is something else?

Nevermind, it is Dead Island.

AceBandage said:
No.
It's likely some really small game that was talked about once years ago and no one thought of since.
To add insult to injury it's probably going to be a casual game.

ZUMA RELOADED: MONTEZUMA'S RETURN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom