• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Exclusive re-reveal of a *Long Forgotten* Game Tomorrow [Up:Wrong Answers In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was that game from like 2 E3s ago with that asian looking girl with a sword?
It was an all CG cut scene. And I think it was a Ubisoft game but I can't remember the name of the game for the life of me.

Veal said:
It's Sadness.

2luqmx0.jpg

edgefusion

If it's so old/obscure that nobody can guess what it is then who cares? The only thing it will be at this point is a disappointment.

Kusagari said:
If only IGN has been looking forward to it then it's probably some stupid High Voltage game.

Oh my god

Oh my god, you're probably right. HVS even has a 360 FPS coming out that hasn't been seen in almost a year and no one other than IGN would care about (The Grinder)

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Oh my god

Oh my god, you're probably right. HVS even has a 360 FPS coming out that hasn't been seen in almost a year and no one other than IGN would care about (The Grinder)

Hmm, I originally dismissed The Grinder because I thought it had already come out and been forgotten about.

Nabs

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Oh my god

i dont think the hvs fanboys work there anymore

I was going to guess X-COM before I saw the other thread. They announced it a long time ago, we haven't heard since and it;s certainly a game only certain people will care about (given the new direction)

mclem

It's not simply Kirby Wii, is it? I mean, *we* know it's back, but there's not been that much in the way of formal announcements and PR machinery in play?

Not that Kirby's particularly synonymous with CGI trailers.

I'm still plumping for Project: HAMMER, tho'.

Sega

Has anyone brought up Castlevania SotN 2 (or whatever it was to be called)? A trailer for a new Alucard Castlevania for 360/PS3 was shown years ago, and was never mentioned again. I'm thinking they stopped/slowed production when they thought Lords of Shadow was the future of the series, then possibly started it back up when they realized LoS wasn't as embraced as they hoped it would be.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
http://twitter.com/hilarygoldstein/status/37892069741703168
Hillary's Twitter said:
Made it pretty clear the excitement is for the trailer itself. Can't help if people try and overhype it.

He's trying to back down the hype of calling the "trailer of the year" by blaming it on people who got excited. Classy.

Just a reminder of his hyping this trailer up:

"shocking and unforgettable"

"the trailer really is phenomenal, a word I don't use lightly"
EDIT: Hilary did not say this, it was another IGN employee.

and

"Wow. Saw the game trailer of the year just now. Holy crap. You will see it exclusively on IGN tomorrow. WOW."

but don't overhype it guys

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Big Ass Ramp said:

He's trying to back down the hype of calling the "trailer of the year" by blaming it on people who got excited. Classy.
To be fair on the guy that was all he claimed originally. A "trailer of the year" for a relatively forgotten game that's being re-announced.

tweet tweet said:
Wow. Saw the game trailer of the year just now. Holy crap. You will see it exclusively on IGN tomorrow. WOW.

StuBurns

Banned
That tweet is really irritating. He claims a video he sees two months into a year is the best of the entire year, so it must be so much better than any other trailer that the sheer possibility of a better trailer this year is literally zero, and then he claims people are over hyping.

Moron.

SPEA

Big Ass Ramp said:

Just a reminder of his hyping this trailer up:

"shocking and unforgettable"

"the trailer really is phenomenal, a word I don't use lightly"

and

"Wow. Saw the game trailer of the year just now. Holy crap. You will see it exclusively on IGN tomorrow. WOW."

but don't overhype it guys
Edit. Ah I see. Nevermind

Songbird

Prodigal Son
StuBurns said:
That tweet is really irritating. He claims a video he sees two months into a year is the best of the entire year, so it must be so much better than any other trailer that the sheer possibility of a better trailer this year is literally zero, and then he claims people are over hyping.

Moron.
So you've never been irrationally impressed by a game or a tv show or anything like that this early in a year? It happened for a lot of people with Mass Effect. Chill people, you have your own powers of judgement.

Thnikkaman said:
So you've never been irrationally impressed by a game or a tv show or anything like that this early in a year? It happened for a lot of people with Mass Effect. Chill people, you have your own powers of judgement.
I've never been irrationally impressed and then turned around and accused others of over hyping whatever I was irrationally impressed by.

Seda

I still don't understand how this can be an apparently excellent CG trailer for a game that not many are looking forward to. Such a trailer seems like it would be a waste of money.

StuBurns

Banned
Thnikkaman said:
Sure I have, but I haven't then blamed other people who react to my irrational excitement.

Sure he can say it's the best trailer of the year, but then don't blame people for getting excited by that.

yencid

Seda said:
I still don't understand how this can be an apparently excellent CG trailer for a game that not many are looking forward to. Such a trailer seems like it would be a waste of money.
A trailer can impress regardless

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Ignis Fatuus said:
I've never been irrationally impressed and then turned around and accused others of over hyping whatever I was irrationally impressed by.
Well people are going about convincing themselves that it's their favourite franchise coming back from the dead, this is anything but. He's hyping up an exclusive trailer and people ought to read the OP.

Seda said:
Marketing will sink millions into a fancy CG ad campaign if it gets people interested who would never have ever cared before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom