• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN interviews SNK: Many new fighting games in development

Well if we're wishlisting...

SvC Chaos 2 - KoF XIV Engine, 2 on 2 tag. "Story" mode basically has the intro dialogs from the original but done int he style of XIV's special intros. They could even throw in special BGM (both SNK and Capcom) like the Fateful BGM in XIV. Yeah! Graphics haters be damned! I'd be happy!

Gal Fighters - I can see them tossing this idea to some smalltime developer much like the original. Colorful, chibi graphic style, same comical / slapstick attacks like the original.

Soulcalibur Shodown (Soulcalibur vs Samurai Shodown) Bandai Namco developed VS game.Throw in a couple Last Blade characters for giggles.

sibarraz

Banned
please god no...

Maximum Impact 2 and Regulation are ok games if you ignore the hideous design of falcoon. (Even though this version has my favorite mai from any SNK game)

And if you consider that falcoon is back at SNK, is an possibility to see a 3rd entry, but I doubt it.

Anyway, I could see this fighting games being mobile ones

Maximum Impact 2 and Regulation are ok games if you ignore the hideous design of falcoon. (Even though this version has my favorite mai from any SNK game)

And if you consider that falcoon is back at SNK, is an possibility to see a 3rd entry, but I doubt it

I'm really torn on MI3. MI2 is a BLAST to play with lots of great content for fans. I'd love to see more of that and see just how their weird story involving aliens turned out.

But Falcoon's characters and designs? Blech!

Golnei

HW: Luong, she's been my favorite since the beginning and my preference has not changed.

CVPCF4y_d.webp

MOTHA. FUCKiNG. GAROU.

tumblr_inline_n1bvideKLm1qzsrri.jpg

Time for that game to make a comeback!

you.....

you almost had me

And if you consider that falcoon is back at SNK, is an possibility to see a 3rd entry, but I doubt it.

Anyway, I could see this fighting games being mobile ones

highly likely considering their parent company

Now that Neo_G is at SNK, a Garou 2 by the director of 3rd Strike is a very real possibility.

I completely forgot he went to SNK. holy shit. Who is left at Capcom!?!?

BiggNife

I'm down for more SNK fighting games but if I'm being honest what I really want is Metal Slug 8. It's about goddamn time.

Why are people asking for Garou 2? That already exists. It's called Fatal Fury 2 over here. MotW is Garou 4.

I hope we get a Garou 5 as an interquel with characters from both the originals and MotW. Bonus points if they manage to make the multiple fields work somehow (perhaps by adding side-rolling or side-stepping into the Z-axis).

Why are people asking for Garou 2? That already exists. It's called Fatal Fury 2 over here. MotW is Garou 4.

I hope we get a Garou 5 as an interquel with characters from both the originals and MotW. Bonus points if they manage to make the multiple fields work somehow (perhaps by adding side-rolling or side-stepping into the Z-axis).

Fatal Fury = Garou Densetsu
Garou = Garou

I never understood why they dropped the Densetsu ("legend") bit but whatever.

sibarraz

Banned

Technically, those are garou densetsu. this is just garou

And even then, in an english speaking forum, everyone knows what people are refering too when talking about garou 2

BiggNife

This is super duper nitpicky. MotW was the first FF known as Garou in the US, so it only makes sense that people would think of a MotW 2 as Garou 2.

Why don't they do a last blade Samurai shodown cross over game?

Alternatively, would love to see a brand new title with new characters. SNK has tried and not been so successful with 3D fighters, but I'd love for them to try. What are the virtua fighter guys up to these days? maybe they can pick some of them up if they're not working on something.

qcf x2

Garou 2 would technically kinda be Garou 3 since the sequel was almost done, just never released... and the new one would almost certainly be entirely from scratch.

I'm not sure how popular Garou is, so while I'd love to see B Jenet again I'd think it sits behind things like Samurai Shodown (a no brainer) and even possibly a Fatal Fury 4. Whatever they do with the non-KoF series, I hope they go back to featuring unique mechanics like AoF and FF did! It was the biggest reason SNK was able to get away with making so many games in the same niche during the arcade days.

I do hope they keep building on KoF XIV, the game is so much fun and the netcode on Steam is phenomenal for me, like "best I've had in a fighting game" good.

Interview says they want to make new games. Doesnt say they're in development.

Anyways make a new Garou with more FF characters and and bring in AOF characters as well.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
If there's a new SamSho, hopefully there's a Steam version at least. SNK is pretty good with Steam releases lately.

D.Lo

Wasn't there a Maximum Impact trademark renewal a few years ago? Maybe they're going another one of these.
I used to like it when the outsourced 3D entries got a sub-series (EX, MI) while the real games stayed 2D. Unfortunately those days are gone, but at least KOF14 wasn't outsourced.

Platy

Now we need SNK's Smash Bros !

...no, not King of Fighters
..no, not Neo Geo Battle Colliseum either, but we are friends now

...not Gal Fighters either, close but no, but you are very awesome

I mean a snk game to fit the party fighter category.

Some casual 4 player fun and serious 2 player final destination tournaments

TreIII

Voldo would be a good, unique fit.

He would indeed. But we both know he's not popular enough character to make such a crossover special.

More than likely, it'd be Nightmare or Ivy that get chosen. At least either would still be fairly unique.

JusDoIt

Garou 2 would technically kinda be Garou 3 since the sequel was almost done, just never released... and the new one would almost certainly be entirely from scratch.

I'm not sure how popular Garou is, so while I'd love to see B Jenet again I'd think it sits behind things like Samurai Shodown (a no brainer) and even possibly a Fatal Fury 4. Whatever they do with the non-KoF series, I hope they go back to featuring unique mechanics like AoF and FF did! It was the biggest reason SNK was able to get away with making so many games in the same niche during the arcade days.

I do hope they keep building on KoF XIV, the game is so much fun and the netcode on Steam is phenomenal for me, like "best I've had in a fighting game" good.

If Star Fox 2 can come out, Garou 2 can too.

D.Lo

We need Terry and Mai in actual Smash Bros.

TheFawz

Would love a new Garou or VS series game from them. Although it was rough and far from my favourite entry, KOF XIV was a good way for them to comeback and they did a good job improving it.

I really hope the next fighting game they announce shows how much they learned and improved coming from KOF XIV though and meet other fighting games in the QOL feature area (ie: Frame data & hitbox in practice please)

I wish KoF XV involved taking KoF XIII and adding new characters (all I want is Angel) and backgrounds. KoFXIII is the prettiest 2D fighter ever.

HardRojo

Quick someone call him and ask how the new Garou is coming along, see if he spills the beans!
Don't call him, he should change his number.

Rage of the dragons 2 would be great. I don't see that game get as much love as other SNK games. But at the end of the day, any new SNK game will do for sure.

Although, a weapon-based fighting game is something that have been missed for a long time, Samurai Showdown or Last Blade are perfect choices.

qcf x2

A Metal Slug Fighters could work. Those vertical platforming stages...

I really hope the next fighting game they announce shows how much they learned and improved coming from KOF XIV though and meet other fighting games in the QOL feature area (ie: Frame data & hitbox in practice please)

I actually like that SNK doesn't do this. They made their name as an arcade game company and people didn't go to arcades 2 days after a new game came out saying "Mui's rekkas are +2 on block" or whatever. I think XIV has a ton of QOL already, I mean you have a functional online training mode.

Buriki Two!

I'm okay with this!

Top Bottom