• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN leaks Overwatch releasing May 24th, pre-order for open beta early access

DrArchon

Is this game expected to be populated on consoles? I am hoping to pick this up on PS4 as a chilld game but I know PC is where most of Blizzard's fans are at.

It's not like there aren't any Blizzard fans on consoles at least, thanks to that great port of Diablo 3. I'm sure this game won't do as well on PS4/XBO as it will on PC, but I can see it doing well enough to continue getting support.

If you're worried though, it might be smart to wait to see what early sales are like, or at least what early word of mouth is saying.

Yukinari

I wish i could see what everyone else sees in this game cause i want a new class based shooter to play but i just stick with TF2.

Overwatch has great visuals, characters with personality and interesting maps. The actual gameplay on the other hand looks like a spam fest where if you really dont have your team backing you up its pointless to engage anyone.

Serick

Married Member
I wish i could see what everyone else sees in this game cause i want a new class based shooter to play but i just stick with TF2.

Overwatch has great visuals, characters with personality and interesting maps. The actual gameplay on the other hand looks like a spam fest where if you really dont have your team backing you up its pointless to engage anyone.

There are plenty of 1:1 opportunities within matches. Genji, Tracer, and Reaper all excel at getting in the back line and flanking.

That being said it is very much a team focused and balanced game.

BashNasty

I'm really, really, really hoping I get into the beta before then (I know it's irrational, but I'm still surprised I'm not in the beta yet. Surprised and annoyed.), but if I don't, May 3rd is my birthday so Overwatch will make for a solid birthday gift.

TheYanger

How is this game on consoles? I am few hundred hours into Halo 5 and love the competitive aspect. Will this game have the depth, balance and competitiveness to have legs?
Really bad comparison, it definitely has those things but it's not remotely similar to Halo. TF2 is really the only apt comparison.

What do you mean "major changes"? There are 2 new maps, a new game mode, tons of balance adjustments. The maps are mostly the same. The pre-game interface has changed. There's also now a solid progression system.

I disagree that most maps are poorly designed, but I do agree they could be altered a bit. So many have hallways or paths that seem like they're leading you to a flank point, only to run into a wall that could/should easily be punched out.

2 new maps and a new mode and all of the UI and interface changes WERE major.

I think all of the old maps are pretty oslid, very minor tweaks necessary if at all (Some feel extremely hard to attack in to as you're new, notably Anubis and Hanamura, possibly Hollywood), but it feels fine as you get better at the game.

The two new maps need the most tweaks imo - they have a LOT of cool side areas and stuff but it feels less thoughtfully designed than the old ones, you mostly have no reason to go to 75% of those two maps because the control point isn't near there, and the health pack placement is just random and silly.

Top Bottom