• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Preview: Traditional Ratchet is back in 'Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus'

Empty

heh i notice they're pushing that allgeier is directing to pull people's attention away from the north carolina's teams record

still pretty interested. the zero gravity stuff could be cool. need to see the clank puzzles teased in the other threads leak

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
While it's not as big as A Crack in Time, it's much much larger than Q4B or FFA was. It's pretty meaty. New planets, lots of new weapons, lots of variety and stuff to do.

You guys should aim for a PS4 release rather than a Vita one. Would probably be much easier to get up and running. Plus, if it's PS4 compatible, that means that it can be played on Vita through remote play anyhow.

I'm probably not going to pick this up on PS3...but if it were on PS4, it'd be a sure thing.

The only game in the series I played was Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty, which I got for free from the PlayStation Network back when they were giving away games as an apology for being hacked. I really liked it, so I'm looking forward to this. Hopefully it's a lot longer than Quest for Booty...

I'll probably go and get the earlier games at some point, too.

Ah, good to know. Thanks.

Q4B is not their best output. Go buy A Crack in Time. Fantastic game.

OnFire331

I expected it to be for PS3 but I really didn't expect that price. Sony's experiments with variable pricing for their first party titles continues and I hope it pays off.

What disappoints me is the amount of people who might not buy the game because of its price. Right now, plenty of shit, full length, $60 games come out and for years people have asked for a mid-range price point. This game could very well be a solid, full length, $30 dollar title. If it's skipped over due to its lower price point, I'll be sad.

Sly 4 wasn't skipped over with a $40 price point. I wouldn't worry too much.

dralla

So it's a mid-sized Ratchet game that bridges the gap to the new PS4 series of games? Sounds good to me if they can pull it off.

Sony has been experimenting with low price tags for full games with Sly and Puppeteer but 30$ does sound a bit suspicious... I mean it's cool if it is a lil shorter game but hopefully it's not one of those that you complete on one sitting.

Amir0x

Banned
Dude, I just got burned with Wii U, as much as I enjoy it. I'm not in the mood to be trusting a company's promise that launch window software will be on time, especially when said software hasn't been announced.

Nintendo never promised X amount of games by Y time. Even if a few of the titles slip - and I'd hazard to guess a few will - there is still a ton of shit even with those accounted for.

Trust me, StreetsAhead, there's plenty Sony Worldwide Studio games being made for PS4. 30 games, in fact, at current count; 20 are first year, 12 of those are new IPs. :p

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
The game will be available exclusively on PS3 this holiday, in stores and on PlayStation Network for an MSRP of $29.99. It’s our biggest downloadable Ratchet & Clank game yet, dwarfing the size of both Quest For Booty and Full Frontal Assault.

I'll take it.

I'd love a full game the size of ToD or ACiT, but this will do.

It's going to be so easy for me to wait until early 2014 to jump on the PS4. There's so much good stuff coming out for the rest of the year.

Spinluck

People are so ridiculous with their expectations.

Sony has always supported their consoles pretty late. PS4 will have its time in the sun, but for now PS3 are where A LOT more people are at the moment. And will not be going anywhere the first few year of the PS4's life. Let them devs take their time with their PS4 stuff, if there's any in the works, the system isn't even out yet.

Vire

While it's not as big as A Crack in Time, it's much much larger than Q4B or FFA was. It's pretty meaty. New planets, lots of new weapons, lots of variety and stuff to do.

Can you speak about the framerate - going for locked 30 FPS and not 60 correct?

Alienous

FUSE = EA

Ratchet and Clank = Sony

Uh ... ?

I can't imagine this starting development as a $60 game, with all the production costs that would entail, and Sony slashing its RRP in half. I imagine that it started development as a smaller title ... developed by Insomniac.*

So ... yes, different publishers. I'm talking about the value. If FUSE was developed as a $60, and Into the Nexus is developed as a $30 game (*), then I am simply wondering what value it would be worth. Does it have the production time of FUSE, for instance? Unlikely.

EDIT:
None of that matters though, the game looks awesome.

Amir0x

Banned
Since everyone seems to have concerns about the length, I updated this into the OP:

ON GAME LENGTH

It seems one of the primary concerns is that, due to the price, it'll be an extremely short game. This is what they have to say about that:

jstevenson said:

Link

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
This is the IG quality I've come to expect and the Ratchet universe is one that I can't get enough of as they constantly add those quirky weapons and have made it deeper.

The space stuff looks really cool.

Any reason you guys didn't go for PS4? A dual release would make more sense financially no?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Will we see what happened to Talwyn? :eek:

Guymelef

ratch6slu.gif

Vire

God damn PS3 is ending on a bang...

God of War Ascension
Ni No Kuni
The Last of Us
GT6
Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus

shiiiiiiit.

KAL2006

Banned
Fuck it I'm not buying a PS4 until fall 2014. I already have a background of games to play as well as a to of upcoming games coming to PS3. Hopefully by fall 2014 their are decent PS4 bundles as well as a backlog of PSN plus games to play.

This is the IG quality I've come to expect and the Ratchet universe is one that I can't get enough of as they constantly add those quirky weapons and have made it deeper.

The space stuff looks really cool.

Yeah, those space scenes/levels they teased in the trailer were really great looking.

i-Lo

Looks gorgeous. Sad part is that I think I've lost interest in the franchise since the first release on PS3 (ToD) which I really enjoyed.

Um... I would gladly pay 60 for a new Ratchet game and feel I got a bargain, they're that good, so I'm not enthused about the low price. Probably just means less game. Still awesome news though.

Top Bottom