• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN "runs" an "AMA" with MS about Xbox One

Amir0x

Banned
maybe they'll confirm that the family share plan was really totally what they said it was, they swear ;)

Seriously though, I hope someone asks why they continue to keep apps behind a paywall when their competitors don't.

Wait, so it's an AMA on IGN? Are the questions actually user-submitted & ranked? Or is this just an interview disguised as one?

its-happening-ron-paul-gif.gif

Not sure what, but it should produce at least a 50 page console wars thread, right?

Hopefully it is not Major Nelson like responses. The guy is nice and is just doing his job but his responses are so shallow and PR stricken that you learn little to nothing when he answers questions.

Syntax

Hopefully it's not just another spouting of ambiguous statements.

Q: Will Xbox One play games?

A: We're unable to say definitively but that's what the plan was when we conceived of the console.

Dragon

Banned
MS, why do you keep referring to the infinite power of the cloud? You have yet to show a legitimate reason for saying this when all the reasons you've stated have already been done in games during this generation.

What is an AMA?

Ask me anything.

McDougles

We're sick of all this confusion! Therefore, we will do a Reddit-themed AMA on IGN, where it's unclear exactly how questions will be asked or the criteria will be answered!

Seriously, though, WHY NOT JUST DO IT ON REDDIT?

border

"The responses will be typical bullshit PR jargon."
"No they won't. I have the answers right in front of me. :)"

So the questions have already been asked and answered. How is it an AMA if they are not taking user-submitted questions?

Isn't this technically just an "interview" then?

Dragon

Banned

How is it an AMA if they are not taking user-submitted questions?

If anything this is just taking page views AWAY from IGN if they're doing it on reddit.

Edit: it seems they're not so never you mind!

oSoLucky

Hopefully it's not just another spouting of ambiguous statements.

Q: Will Xbox One play games?

A: We're unable to say definitively but that's what the plan was when we conceived of the console.

To be fair that's like 90% of corporate PR.

Squire

Banned
This could deliver.

It definitely will not.

IGN blatantly steals Reddit's schtick (which is fucked up any way you slice it, whether you like Reddit or not); MS answers every question worth asking with, "That's undecided/we'll see/maybe!"

Not expecting much here after the last Q&A waste of time.

Whats with the "I have all the answers in front of me" tweet? I'm pretty sure that's not how AMAs are supposed to work.

Ripenen

So the questions have already been asked and answered. How is it an AMA if they are not taking user-submitted questions?

Yeah but AMA is the hot term on the web right now. Up next an "ELI5 Xbox One" feature.

What confusion around Xbone exists anymore? I thought it'd all been cleared up.

This just smells like an attempt at PR ingratiation by MS, even if IGN claims it was their idea.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
We're as sick of all the confusion around Xbox One as you are, so we convinced Microsoft to do an AMA with us. First one hits @IGN in 25 min

Sure it's IGN proposing this? Last time there was a clarification interview between IGN and Microsoft it was Microsoft's idea, not IGN's.

jschreier

It definitely will not.

IGN blatantly steals Reddit's schtick (which is fucked up any way you slice it, whether you like Reddit or not); MS answers every question worth asking with, "That's undecided/we'll see/maybe!"
Let's not pretend the concept of someone answering questions on the Internet is a Reddit invention.

Syf

Banned
Every time they say they're going to answer questions, they end up creating more of them. I'm expecting a waste of time.

Squire

Banned
This will not end well, certainly not expecting any new infos or hard hitting questions (or answers).

Oh...

So... It's rigged?

I'm sorry, but what does that mean/how does that even work?

Let's not pretend the concept of someone answering questions on the Internet is a Reddit invention.

Of course not, but this sounds like a pretty blatant biting of Reddit's style. I don't need to tell you most Q&As aren't run that way.

Key word there is "sounds" though. I don't know what to make of McCaffrey's tweet.

Top Bottom