• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN "runs" an "AMA" with MS about Xbox One

jayu26

jblCTzAIGcBMFR.png

You have prepared answers in front of you...and they are not PR jargon? Hmm...

Anyway serious question:

We're as sick of all the confusion around Xbox One as you are, so we convinced Microsoft to do an AMA with us.

What are we really confused about, when it comes to Xbox One?

derFeef

Apparently AMA means I'll ask MS anything I want and filter the answers down to get more page views!

You remember that thing Major Nelson did with Yahoo!?! That was a joke haha.

All AMA's are filtered answers, no one answers questions they do not want to answer.

If they have the answers written down just release that as a FAQ.

Pageviews duude, one answer per day!

All AMA's are filtered answers, no one answers questions they do not want to answer.

Except you can clearly see the answers people want to avoid. The most famous was the Woody Harrelson AMA where they guy was asking about the one-night stand that Woody had with a girl at a prom once.

So... It's rigged?

I'm sorry, but what does that mean/how does that even work?

I'm guessing they are using the term AMA incorrectly. Or at least the format that reddit has established.

They could have just put "Q&A with Microsoft, we ask some questions regarding the upcoming release of the Xbox One"

But that doesn't sound as good.

Amir0x

Banned
What are we really confused about, when it come to Xbox One?

plenty to be confused about such as: why does it exist? Seriously, what the fuck was wrong with you guys in the past year? Did you go to Xbox One planning meetings drunk?

All joking aside, I want a book written about what happened with Xbox One development more than any other gaming industry related book before. It will necessarily be a fascinating read.

Squire

Banned
I'm guessing they are using the term AMA incorrectly. Or at least the format that reddit has established.

They could have just put "Q&A with Microsoft, we ask some questions regarding the upcoming release of the Xbox One"

But that doesn't sound as good.

Nope. AMA does though.

'Cause it works excellently for Reddit.

McDougles

Let's not pretend the concept of someone answering questions on the Internet is a Reddit invention.

To be fair, they're pretending to be following the format of an AMA and are promoting it as such, yet seemingly will be answering with prepared statements and will not show all unanswered questions.

GamerTime

Banned
How much is Microsoft paying IGN? Do people really trust either of them?

I'm sure they'll paint rosy pictures for all of us.

Retroid

AMA is the new cloud.

Even though the responses would be chosen beforehand if this were done through Reddit, at least people would see the questions that they avoided.

Moofers

Sounds like it was a conversation recorded earlier, but IGN is posting it shortly. That's why he has the answers in front of him.

Redshirt

Banned
There's some confusion surrounding Xbox Live Gold for Xbox One.

Questions I'd like answered:

How will multiple gamertags per Live account work?

Do we need a Live Gold account for each Xbox One in our home?

Amir0x

Banned
I'm not confused about the xBone.

I just don't care any more.

I imagine most people are in the same position...

I care. I mean I know I'm not getting an XBO any time soon (I settled on getting one near the end of this upcoming gen, because I don't think Microsoft deserves success this go around), but I do know there's tons of cool as shit games in development for it, and it's always nice to hear more about them. For the memory bank for the day I invest in one :)

Top Bottom