• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN "runs" an "AMA" with MS about Xbox One

kidko

Wow, IGN as ever... So do we have to specify "Reddit AMA" now because IGN just appropriated the term for this crap.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
They'll be "updating" it every week.

0004_eiiat.gif

Raymo

This is exactly why MS gets shit for sounding like a bunch of suits and not talking directly to their customers.

Flai

It's "Ask Microsoft Anything" :p Come on guys, have some humor. Anyways, whats up with the questions? Four questions of something that nobody cares about. Well, at least they (claim) say that the questions were from audience but still. Four :| ?

That were certainly itneresting questions, I guess the DVR info is new and interesting. EVERY MONDAY people, jeeze.

Thx for letting us know, that you do not care and had to post because of that.

yeah his post made no sense and the people who agreed with him appearing in this thread just made my head throb.

oSoLucky

Every game has its own set of achievements, so if you’re playing Call of Duty: Ghosts on Xbox 360 and on Xbox One, you can earn a separate set of Gamerscore in each game. But on the Xbox One version, you’re getting a much richer set of features, such as seeing your achievements progress on the Xbox One console

Damn, didn't realize that was a selling point.

What questions are you waiting for?
Any changes or improvements to Gold?
Is Gold required for apps like it is now?
Whats the first benefit of the cloud that users will directly experience?
How many Kinect games are slated for the first 6 months?
Any additions or improvements regarding protecting your privacy with the Kinect?

Those would be a decent start...

But sure, I guess 1080p gamerpics is more important.

So it's just as we suspected.
With anything Xbox One PR related right now its best to have the lowest of expectations. God damn.

Well I thought it was interesting anyway. No life changing news but still, the direct answers about stuff is nice. I'm more curious to see what questions they put up over the next few weeks. Might end up getting some nice concrete info out of all of this.

Syntax

They are beautiful, and you are going to see some really cool hero moments, like when you login to see personalized views of your games and other content.
Hero moments like when I log in?

Wait....that's all the questions?

I mean, they're updating with more questions, right?

And the questions look like they were made by PR people..

The worst part about this is that it tricked me into visiting IGN for the first time in a while and looking at what other content they have. Holy shit this Up At Noon show is making me cringe like a motherfucker. Goddamnit Greg.

Satchel

Banned
That was it?

There was literally nothing there we didn't know abut. Except maybe avatars. I thought they were gone.

jayu26

Any additions or improvements regarding protecting your privacy with the Kinect?

But sure, I guess 1080p gamerpics is more important.

Damn! You should have McCafrey's job.

Recording at 720p 30fps

...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's worthless.
My guess is that it is same for PS4.

Squire

Banned
This AMA did make me ask one question.

what DOES PS4's share feature capture at? Is it also 720p@30fps?

You know when your mind trails off and you're like, "I wonder I'm/we're having for dinner?"?

I had that, except I thought, "I wonder what PS4 games will be revealed at GamesCom?"

Syntax

They'd probably get more people on board if even with a bundled Kinect, it could be disconnected and not required for use. That'd make it a harder sell though since at that point it's hard to defend it as being required for Xbox One to function and therefore a mandatory purchase.

More questions each Monday. Gotta stretch it out as much as possible to maximize those page hits.

more like saving MS from sweating too much.

hey guys, if we only limit IGN to 3-4 questions per week, we might avoid the tough stuff until release!

Arkam

WOW. I was really expecting about 10-20 questions being answered.

Not too concerned if a true AMA or not... but really expected more.
Much more.

Underwhelming... But it did give some new tidbits:

- Avatars are back and gamer pictures are now 1080p. You can make full body avatar gamer pics.
- DVR is 720p and 30fps. All your saved clips are saved in the cloud and can be accessible from anywhere.
- Achievements for the same game but on different platforms will be like they are now: Give you achievements for each version.

And that's it XD

Top Bottom