• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN "runs" an "AMA" with MS about Xbox One

Krakn3Dfx

It's weird how Sony reps are on podcasts and sitting down with people answering questions on video and audio segments, hauling out PS4s and DS4 controllers, and, at worst, you'll get, "We're not talking about that right now, and you get that quite a bit, but at least someone's asking them and you know at that point it's not something they want to talk about.

With MS, you don't get that at all, because the questions are all about avatars and achievements and gamerscores transferring over, stuff that should just be a given, but whatever, we're going to ask this anyway, because we want to give the illusion of being transparent without actually being transparent, and it's so weird and surreal to watch information roll out in this tightly controlled manner. Then, whenever they do say something even a little less than generic, it's something to the effect of "we built the Kinect with advertising in mind", like somehow that's not going to cause people to complain.

To their credit, they seem to be trying to improve the situation, but then you see something like this, and it suddenly seems like 1 step forward, 2 steps back with their messaging.

televator

Dead to me. This fine example of game journalism has earned IGN a new ranking in my perception of reputable gaming sites.

DaBuddaDa

IGN continues to prove they are the more shameless hacks in the entire industry. Explains why they're the most popular.

Demon Ice

Banned
IGN: "How awesome is the Xbone?"

Xbox PR: "So awesome."

Came here to post this.

If someone from the MS XB1 team were willing to do a true AMA then it would be on Reddit with actual user submitted questions.

This shall be a fluffy PR carnival.

Edit: Holy shit, just saw the actual link. That was it? 4 questions? Hahahaaa IGN, why do you even try anymore

Deilpo

Neo Member
XZNBl0V.gif

beat me to it, but seriously, this should be interesting.

Oh wow, might be an all time low for ign. Pathetic.

Someone should just post the "questions" here to stop any future hits to ign.

nib95

Banned
Wait what the fudge....When is the rest coming?

4 questions...most of which are unimportant or I don't care about....

nictron

If I could ask Microsoft anything I would ask why when you navigate to the Control Panel in Windows 8 Metro it takes me to the "legacy" Windows desktop? Why can't you as a company fully commit to any of your design decisions?

Cartman86

Banned
Standards will drastically change, three, four years from now though.

Sure, but will these consoles be able to handle that? Is this just an internet bandwidth issue or a hardware problem? They do have a lot of memory, but who knows what the allocation for that is planned for.

Wait... what?
That doesn't make any sense!
So it's not an AMA!

They never said it was user submitted questions. And besides, im pretty sure the IGN guy has heard all the bitching as well on his video games website. Apparently, this is what they do for a living. Go figure.

Does anybody at IGN have any balls? *Looks over Ryan McCaffrey's questions to Microsoft* Well this guy certainly doesn't. Bow to your masters IGN. Gaming journalism, what a joke profession.

Top Bottom