• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN "runs" an "AMA" with MS about Xbox One

JABEE

I'm surprised they didn't split the article into a question per page for maximum click through.

Strategic partnerships have been made. Permission to publish questions must be granted and staggered across the next few weeks.

JawzPause

The top comment on IGN is more interesting than the whole AMA
reverse-1360002672_tea_set_infinite_rotation.gif

Stupid interview, but why is this MS's fault? This doesn't come across as bad PR for MS or anything. It's just a typical boring interview hyped by an over-excited tweet.

This is what we do now IGN?

You used the popular Reddit AMA to get me to click
The Game DVR question was the only good one
You're stretching this garbage out for at least another 4 weeks

For shame IGN, for shame!

Enlil

That were certainly itneresting questions, I guess the DVR info is new and interesting. EVERY MONDAY people, jeeze.

Thx for letting us know, that you do not care and had to post because of that.

You are right, next time I'll use the Titanfall remark. that one is much better.....

And no, I don't care. After all MS pulled of, people still think MS is changing their policies for the fans. This is another way to make up. But the funny thing is, it's a pathetic way of earning the trust of gamers. I mean look at these questions they asked. Why not ask what kind of shoes he is wearing.

Mindwipe

IGN must somehow stand for "not even trying."

Not even a followup on the DVR function about what access we'll have to the footage - will we be able to download the video in an unencumbered format, edit it and upload it to YouTube ourselves?

Or will we be expected to use on device "tools", which will be like replacing a surgeon's scalpel with a lump of rock.

sunnz

So will there be more AMAs or was this the only one?

Could be they are keeping the better questions for later :p

This is what we do now IGN?

You used the popular Reddit AMA to get me to click
The Game DVR question was the only good one
You're stretching this garbage out for at least another 4 weeks

For shame IGN, for shame!

OH WAIT!

Maybe the later questions have been answered but IGN is under NDA and can't post the answers. The hype wasn't false! Things are happening!

Leb

On the plus side, this can't possibly be worse than Woody Harrelson's AMA.

Well, except that Woody actually participated, in some definition of the term, in an AMA.

1. Fuck you IGN for stupid page view, link bait bullshit.
2. If you have the answers, then post it, FAQ style.
3. Xbone = cluster fuck
4. People are "confused" because Microsoft has done an amazing job of confusing people with all their reverses and JK.

EDIT:
5. fuck me for contributing to their page view count

JABEE

It's not even a thing to laugh at Microsoft about.

The fact that IGN would publish this story like this with these parameters is kind of weird. Here are all of our questions. Please answer some every week so we have new content each week.

"You guys get to meticulously craft answers to our trite questions while we get page views for exclusive answers."

Raymo

Stupid interview, but why is this MS's fault? This doesn't come across as bad PR for MS or anything. It's just a typical boring interview hyped by an over-excited tweet.

It's not a normal interview. Microsoft must be aware of what this is considering they are going to do it every Monday at the same time. This makes it seem like they do it every week to respond to new questions from users, but it wasn't user selected questions anyway. Seems like just info released from MS every week. It is just weird.

Besides that, yeah it's IGN's fault for overhyping and calling it an AMA.

Remember that rumor about MS having 2x to 3x the inventory vs. Sony. I'd ask if that rumor is to be believed, why they have no consoles to pre order, yet Sony does.

Revven

lmao the hole just gets bigger and bigger every week. And IGN's click baiting certainly ain't helping it! Such deep questions only IGN could ask. :lol

How can you waste time on nothing? :D

If you value your time, then this was a complete and utter waste of it. Although, that is subject to opinion.

I much rather have had watched Hillbillies play football in the mud, using a round, spherical cactus as their ball.

JABEE

IGN must somehow stand for "not even trying."

Not even a followup on the DVR function about what access we'll have to the footage - will we be able to download the video in an unencumbered format, edit it and upload it to YouTube ourselves?

Or will we be expected to use on device "tools", which will be like replacing a surgeon's scalpel with a lump of rock.
It appears IGN emailed Marc Whitten a list of questions that they could turn into content over the next few weeks.

An interview format for the lazy and uninterested.

I don't know what I expected, yet I think I got exactly what I expected.

Games are games are games are games are games are games A REAL HERO REAL HUMAN BEING

Guymelef

Will the Game DVR capture at the source resolution? i.e. will Forza 5 clips capture at 1080p and 60fps? And where can Game DVR clips be uploaded to?

WHITTEN: Game DVR captures beautiful clips at 720p 30fps. The first thing you’ll see with our game DVR is the integration of our Upload service on the console. This service allows you to manage, edit, and share your content. Your clips are stored in the cloud. Also, you’ll see games making “magic moment” videos of your gameplay based on the game DVR functionality – all seamlessly integrated. You’ll be able to see these clips in the Xbox One Guide, in your own game DVR collection, and when you are looking at gamercards on the system. You’ll also see games take advantage of this platform capability and do interesting things to integrate captured game footage into the game experience itself.

Would be sad if they don't let to share in Youtube directly..

Paskil

What did I just read? My mouth dropped open bit by bit as I continued reading that page on IGN. Hoo boy, that was some good stuff.

If you value your time, then this was a complete and utter waste of it. Although, that is subject to opinion.

I much rather have had watched Hillbillies play football in the mud, using a round, spherical cactus as their ball.

I think i'd rather watch your hillbilly football hybrid than do alot of things.... it sounds amazing!

Ask microsoft anything...and this is what they came up with? Not like microsoft would be willing to answer any tough questions but this was just bad ign.

Wow the comment section is a battlefield

Lot of FUD going around

Fairly certain every 12 year old COD fan I've ever played against is on there talking smack

besada

Banned
Because people can only handle so much PR bullshit, and Microsoft made most of them reach that limit a month ago
Did someone put a gun to your head and make you go read the IGN article, then come in here and whine about it? It was a stupid IGN piece with three mildly interesting tidbits about the XB1, not Microsoft raping your mother. Please, buy an ounce of perspective.

Top Bottom