• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN "runs" an "AMA" with MS about Xbox One

nictron

7b420beb5ad0a727e9090ce034b3c248_normal.jpeg
Ryan McCaffrey @DMC_Ryan

@dummytree @IGN I gave them a huge list of questions and this is the first batch of answers. More will come next week!

Yay, it's not over!

Jack_AG

Banned
"Are Xbox 360 Avatars transferring over? If so will any changes be made to them?"

Thank God people are asking REAL questions! Seeing as how there is so much "confusion" that needs to be cleared up! No silly questions like "why the fuck are SP games requiring CLOUD?" or "Will you shut down said SP game in the future at some point so my purchase becomes useless?"

Got to make sure we keep them avatars! Phew!

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
@dummytree @IGN I gave them a huge list of questions and this is the first batch of answers. More will come next week!

Yay, it's not over!

"Mr. Whitten, your console seems to have the momentum of a runaway freight train. Why are you so popular?"

nictron

What kind of tool did you use to measure the infinite power of the cloud? And does that tool require some form of calibration?

VARIA

Microsoft going to IGN to do an AMA is almost as ballsy as George W. Bush going to Fox News for an interview.

so did they actually ask a single good question? (and get a straight answer)
I refuse to read all the PR myself without getting paid for it.

Also you should all feel bad for giving IGN clicks, seriously.

So one of DMC_Ryan's tweets was apparently deleted

In it he told everyone to remember video games are supposed to be fun, right?

Anyone have that tweet captured?

nictron

Yupp:

(And he is right to some extend)

The statement is right but I dislike it being spouted at every turn as a defense mechanism

Yes VG's are supposed to be fun but I would like answers to the questions I have

VG consoles don't have to be fun, they just have to work

Edit: lol nvm he blocked me :p

Cels

the only "good" question was the dvr one and i'm still confused.

if a game does 1080p/60fps will the dvr record it in 1080p/60fps or is it still limited to 720p/30fps?

NIGHT-

I love how these threads just bring in people that just wanna bash a product or tell people that they don't care about it.. Why when bother?

I didn't know you could earn prizes by unlocking achievements. I'm curious to see where they go with that.

ekim

if a game does 1080p/60fps will the dvr record it in 1080p/60fps or is it still limited to 720p/30fps?

I suppose the latter. The answer is pretty clear.

Doodis

Shit's sake, people. Put away the pitchforks.

They may not have answered your burning questions, but somebody wanted to know that stuff.

And yeah, they're trickling it out for a couple weeks. So what? We all know it's going to be slow on news up until Gamescom. Give them a break.

aravuus

720/30 I assume, since they specifically added Forza 5 and 1080/60 in the question

Q: Will the Game DVR capture at the source resolution? i.e. will Forza 5 clips capture at 1080p and 60fps? And where can Game DVR clips be uploaded to?

A: Game DVR captures beautiful clips at 720p 30fps

That's a shame. heh

Top Bottom