• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: The Last Guardian cancelled, mayhaps; Sony: Nope - Stage XI: Mole Hunt

Who should be banned from NeoGAF?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orayn

It has to be put up, or shut up at this point, no? It's been rumored to be cancelled and then uncancelled and then cancelled again for 5 years now.

The horrible truth is that they made an entire series of games for internal use during that time. It was about killing all the other guardians so there would only be one left and all the devs would have the right mindset.

Hyunashi

It has to be put up, or shut up at this point, no? It's been rumored to be cancelled and then uncancelled and then cancelled again for 5 years now.

It has been shut up for a very long time though. People might believe the game truly is cancelled, but there will always be others, like me, who think it will come eventually. I waited so long for FFv13 news and am still waiting for it, the wait behind TLG is just not as bad.

Haven't seen anything about the game in forever. With all the leaks you would have seen something by now right?

Think the game is toast...

People said the same crap about FFv13/15.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Creative Director and Writer at Naughty Dog.

wFynPZc.png
#DeadandBuried

Druckmann sticks again, this time with a nailbomb.

Kensuke

It's pathetic that the editor-in-chief, of all people, can't be bothered to double-check a rumor. That's standard practice for a journalist. The edited article now shifts the blame to IGN Russia, which is quite shameful.

Gies is also being an idiot. Using 'officially cancelled' in the title implies a press release from Sony. It was an intentionally misleading headline designed to attract clicks. There is nothing wrong with an eye-catching headline, all newspapers do that. A misleading headline is an entire different matter.

Why do people expect someone to die? Ico and Yorda survived, Agro survived, Wanda was reborn and Mono resurrected.
I bet many are still traumatized and associate Team ICO games with the Neverending Story...

artax-4.jpg

addik

I have been out the entire day but I have read tweets/info about the rumor.

What I really don't get is how this rumor suddenly spread days before E3. Sure, according to the rumor it was "cancelled" last week, but it feels way too close to E3, especially since some people have already hinted that TLG may be re-revealed soon, particularly this E3 (or at least, something big would be revealed was slated last year, but Sony decided to delay it further knowing they have momentum).

But oh well, we'll see this E3.

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
I really don't understand why this makes him the worst.

He sounds surprised that IGN would post something untrue, saying that they usually are pretty good about making sure their info is correct before posting. Then basically says that's IGN is big enough to where they wouldn't have to post untrue articles on purpose just for clicks.

How does this make Arthur bad? I swear, some of you just have it out for the guy. I see absolutely nothing wrong with anything he said.

I'm sure Steve Butts was very, very confident that it was all true but without any confirmation or concrete information, why was it reported as fact? They weren't apparently confident enough to stick to their claim.

Kyoufu

I have been out the entire day but I have read tweets/info about the rumor.

What I really don't get is how this rumor suddenly spread days before E3. Sure, according to the rumor it was "cancelled" last week, but it feels way too close to E3, especially since some people have already hinted that TLG may be re-revealed soon, particularly this E3 (or at least, something big would be revealed was slated last year, but Sony decided to delay it further knowing they have momentum).

But oh well, we'll see this E3.

They were referring to Project Beast. TLG won't be at E3.

demolitio

Pretty bad that this is the site so many gamers go to for their gaming needs. They won't know any better.

By the way, I just got into an argument with Shu the other day after talking to him about Uncharted 4 officially being canceled according to my source. He kept insisting that I had no clue what I was talking about and that the game was still in development, but I personally believe my source more than him. I mean, what the hell does he know? Little does he know, that was my ploy to get him to show me the game at E3. All is going according to plan...

I really hope that it's not cancelled. I would just hope that with that tweet, they really need to follow up quickly with an update. The longer Sony keeps leading us on with no progress, the more damaging it can be if it does get cancelled. The art is just too beautiful and the potential is too great to just let it whither away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom