• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ignoring fake news by medical professionals, Trump looks directly at sun

KoopaTheCasual

Even 100 seconds of exposure can cause total vision loss that may not return, especially for the elderly. Damage starts instantly. If you stop and refocus your vision multiple times, uh, you're staring pretty hard. HOW DID NO ONE THERE HAVE GLASSES FOR HIM OR HIS FAMILY? ARE YOU SHITTING ME?

Fake edit: Oh, they DID, they just didn't feel like handing them out beforehand? Barron deserves better parenting than this.
Damn, this is all I'll think about the rest of the day. Pleeeeeeease tell me this happened somewhere today.

Go to the video clip on the first page. He literally takes them off to stare directly into the sun.

#notTheOnion

Edit:

1024x1024.jpg

Photoshop GAF, you know what you must do.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Burn-in on screens annoys the shit out of me. Imagine burn-in on your eyes. Woof

Harmen

Haha, there was a poster on gaf saying Trump would be stupid enough to do this in that "is it safe outside during the eclipse?" thread. And along with anyones expectations, he is.

Even 100 seconds of exposure can cause total vision loss that may not return, especially for the elderly. Damage starts instantly. If you stop and refocus your vision multiple times, uh, you're staring pretty hard. HOW DID NO ONE THERE HAVE GLASSES FOR HIM OR HIS FAMILY? ARE YOU SHITTING ME?

Fake edit: Oh, they DID, they just didn't feel like handing them out beforehand? Barron deserves better parenting than this.
Damn, this is all I'll think about the rest of the day. Pleeeeeeease tell me this happened somewhere today.

He has glasses he just keeps taking them off

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Really guys? He just glanced for a couple of seconds.

Two seconds is enough for minor but permanent damage.
Not that he needs his eyes much longer.

rudger

Well I've always been curious how dangerous staring at an eclipse actually is. Glad he took one for the team. We will figure it out when he walks into something (or better yet, off of something)

StoneFox

I can't believe this is real. What a dumbass. Surely after the first time his eyes started hurting but he kept doing it? I'm dying of laughter over here, he's like a baby that doesn't know better than to stare at the shiny thing.

TAJ

I can't believe this is real. What a dumbass. Surely after the first time his eyes started hurting but he kept doing it? I'm dying of laughter over here, he's like a baby that doesn't know better than to stare at the shiny thing.

Bartcupcake.gif

By the way the symptoms are not immediate you can look at the sun and be ok and then the next morning wake up with your eyes fucked. It takes a while for the tissue in your eyes to die. Let's see how he does this evening with the teleprompter.

Top Bottom