• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN's Best of E3 2013 Awards

EmiPrime

Destiny and Division both bring new and interesting next-gen ideas to the shooter - the online MMO aspect is brilliant. TitanFall is just a faster CoD with mechs and no real single-player campaign. Destiny and Division can be forgiven for that because it justifies the online aspect but TitanFall hasn't justified it yet.

Yeah I'm hoping Destiny will be my go to online game for years to come. I think it's going to be massive. :)

boingball

I just don't get the appeal of Titanfall.

Have you seen Titanfall? Conversation over.

IGN is expecting a lot of ad money coming in both from EA and MS for Titanfall. So of course it is the best game of the show for IGN. Will bring in the most money for them.

And lol at the best new franchise Award. Not even one game released and already a franchise?

How did Bayonetta 2 not take action? Other than Wonderful 101 (which was totally ignored at E3), how many other games let you fight enemies on the backs of F-16's while zipping between buildings?

What the fuck at MGSV and FFXV not being nominated for best trailer.

and I liked well enough Titanfall but I'm already tired of hearing about it.

Brofist

IGN once again showing how shitty their opinions are. Joke of a company imo.

The only joke is how passive aggressive gamers are about news like this. When IGN agrees with your opinion I guess you'll praise them for their high quality reporting.

Thoraxes

camron.gif
My thoughts too lol

Amir0x

Banned
I didn't play these games or experience them like IGN did, so I'll just say the list looks hilariously suspect, but that's lists for you.

I'm not even worried about 3DW.

No one seems to care for TF :(
Retro doing all this awesome work, gets shit on :(

You wanna talk about ignored, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, the sequel to maybe the NDS' finest original title(not counting ports), looked great, was playable on the floor, waasn't even nominated. There was a 25-minute overworld video posted couple days back, nobody seemed to care.

I'm sad IGN didn't give MGS5, Dark Souls 2 or X the respect they deserve. At least Oculus Rift got mentioned.

Looking forward to Todd and Aaron's best of E3 awards...

ohlawd

How did Bayonetta 2 not take action? Other than Wonderful 101 (which was totally ignored at E3), how many other games let you fight enemies on the backs of F-16's while zipping between buildings?

This is just mind boggling to me; how do these sites/publications get away with this crap?

Waiting for more Best of E3 stuff from other sites. maybe they'll smarten up with their awards.

You wanna talk about ignored, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, the sequel to maybe the NDS' finest original title(not counting ports), looked great, was playable on the floor, waasn't even nominated. There was a 25-minute overworld video posted couple days back, nobody seemed to care.

bro this is no pissing contest ;_;

All the good stuff are getting ignored, nuff said!

Amir0x

Banned

whoa whoa I care, post it for me, for me!

WiiFan said:
It's like cod mixed with Steel Battalion.

Man I wish it was like any game mixed with Steel Battalion. In no way does Steel Battalion share any similarities with Titanfall other than that there are mecha :p

Titanfall wins best overall game? A game that is another take on Call of Duty with exact same gunplay from what I've seen and XP ON SCREEN experience but with mechs? And it won over MGS V, Witcher 3 and The Division for crying out loud!? Christ gaming is in the shitter.

But you can run on certain walls!

Chuck

Still without luck
Speaking of Titanfall...did anyone else think it kinda looked like a 360 game graphically? That's the one thing I'm not seeing anyone mention

My hype before Titanfall reveal: None

My hype when Titanfall was revealed: Very little

My hype for Titanfall when everyone is hyping up Titanfall: Please stop talking about Titanfall

Same. I think if Titanfall were coming from anyone else, no-one would give a shit. Nothing I saw from it really drew my interest.

Count me in with the group that doesn't see the appeal of Titanfall. It didn't look very good visually and the gameplay just felt generic. Adding double-jumping and mechs are things that might sound great on paper, but it just didn't click with me.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I agree that Titanfall doesn't really bring that much new to gaming and looks like CoD with mechs, but my god does it look like fun. So, isn't that all that really matters?

Titanfall wins best overall game? A game that is another take on Call of Duty with exact same gunplay from what I've seen and XP ON SCREEN experience but with mechs? And it won over MGS V, Witcher 3 and The Division for crying out loud!? Christ gaming is in the shitter.

I'm with this guy. It's another pretty shooter. It'll be fun no doubt and probably very polished but I don't see how it's some second coming.

Terrible list, especially the parts I disagree with. Honestly the only parts that aren't terrible are the parts that I do agree with. Video games.

Amir0x

Banned
I agree that Titanfall doesn't really bring that much new to gaming and looks like CoD with mechs, but my god does it look like fun. So, isn't that all that really matters?

I guess it depends on what 'fun' it will bring.

Like Call of Duty, the reason I am hesitant to buy into Titanfall is I fear Respawn will bring a lot of the horrible modern game design qualities from that multiplayer experience to this one.

I don't want perks and skill advancements that you unlock by playing the game for 100 hours and thus giving you an inherent advantage over people far better than you. I want a pure skill-based shooter, no bullshit padding out the walls, maybe a few load outs for flexibility and the ability to customize the way you look for convenience. After that it's all about balancing the weapons to the extreme, not allowing perks that turn a shotgun into a fucking sniper. Not abilities that allow you to nuke the arena or have some super aerial strike that nets you 20+ kills with little-to-no effort.

I'm so tired of developers thinking the only way to make a shooter is to provide a treadmill wherein shitty gamers can remain competitive only because of how much time they sink into the product.

The day a developer returns to the incomparable purity and balanced brilliance of Return to Castle Wolfenstein + Enemy Territory, where it always was simply pure skill vs. pure skill in some of the best designed and even maps to this day is the day I pay attention again.

So I'm hesitant to buy into Titanfall - even though I think it looks like it has some good ideas about the agility of shooters and mechs are always cool - until I know just how far the rabbit hole they're going to go to appease the CoD dudebro braindead gamer.

FACE

Banned
I guess it depends on what 'fun' it will bring.

Like Call of Duty, the reason I am hesitant to buy into Titanfall is I fear Respawn will bring a lot of the horrible modern game design qualities from that multiplayer experience to this one.

Of course they will, they came up with most of them in the first place.

Amir0x

Banned
Of course they will, they came up with most of them in the first place.

Well that's what I suspect, which is why it might not be 'fun' for me in the same way it appeals to others. But since I don't know how carried away it gets with them, I have to reserve judgment.

It's ok to have some basic perks that just ever so slightly enhance already inherent abilities, but it's so unbalanced and out of control now that I don't really want anything to do with those types of games.

Jobbs said:
wonder what it takes to think TF looks better in any way than Destiny.

Well they're two entirely different games, but definitely from a visual perspective Destiny molests TF.

Hypron

I kinda like what I've seen of titanfall, but I don't agree with a single one of those choices. Especially stuff like Batman Arkham Origins winning best xbox 360 game over Dark Souls 2, Watch Dogs winning best Wii-U game over a shitload of other games, and Titanfall winning best PC game over The Witcher 3 amongst other things.

UrbanRats

Man i really don't see what's so cool about TitanFall.
Then again, i'm not into competitive multiplayer, so i guess i'm missing something essential here.

Tmecha

Neo Member
wow the hate for Xbone is now flowing into the games...

TitanFall looks like a lot of fun and ill be getting it on release. But saying that Gametrailers game of show was Witcher 3 which i would agree with more.

What's with all Titanfall awards??!!!
Destiny looksuch better to me but MS must have been paying enough to make the press stress on their only kinda AAA game being the best hoping it will drive more people to pay for their console! I might buy Titanfall on PS4 summer 2014 though lol

Top Bottom