• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN's MadWorld Month: Meet Platinum Games

Touchdown

Banned
I have a 52in. JVC hdtv screen where both my xbox 360 and wii is hooked up to. The only game on Wii that looks decent on it is Galaxy and Brawl depending on the settings. I hope this game isn't as blurry as my other wii games on my tv. I know I know you're saying why the hell are you playing wii games on a 52in. hdtv?!! It's because it's the only tv I have in my house lol. I really should pick up a cheaper set for my wii. Anyway I'm psyched for this game!! Can't wait. I'll have to put my reserve on for it tomorrow. :D

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Unannounced title, hmmm.

JDSN said:
madworld-20090209001129042-000.jpg
<3 *bow* etc

pakkit

Banned
Touchdown said:
I have a 52in. JVC hdtv screen where both my xbox 360 and wii is hooked up to. The only game on Wii that looks decent on it is Galaxy and Brawl depending on the settings. I hope this game isn't as blurry as my other wii games on my tv. I know I know you're saying why the hell are you playing wii games on a 52in. hdtv?!! It's because it's the only tv I have in my house lol. I really should pick up a cheaper set for my wii. Anyway I'm psyched for this game!! Can't wait. I'll have to put my reserve on for it tomorrow. :D
Or you could just buy component cables?

Danielsan

Platinum games is now probably my second favourite developer in the business (just behind Team ICO). Their last gen efforts were truly above and beyond the rest. Though I still have some love for Capcom it is not hard to see that Capcom, after the departure of the Platinum games people, is but a shadow of its former self, trying to imitate its previous success.

Dascu

Mikami's title is probably named "The Ritualist". That trademark was registered at the same time as Bayonetta and MadWorld.

I suggest that this thread becomes the MadWorld pre-launch hype thread. Title change please?

raviolico

Dascu said:
Mikami's title is probably named "The Ritualist". That trademark was registered at the same time as Bayonetta and MadWorld.

interessting. i wonder when they finally will unveil this baby.

raviolico

Eteric Rice said:
I heard the (Mikami/Suda) EA project was cancelled when EA did that huge layoff.

I might be remembering wrong, though.

huh? does he remebering wrong? please answer with yes.

http://blogs.ign.com/SEGA_MadWorld/2009/02/12/112496/

Several teams are developing titles at PlatinumGames. Even among them, the MadWorld team can be considered quite unconventional. The team was launched with the concepts of “creating something fun on Wii” and “creating content that is of a style absent from Wii’s current lineup.” Also, the game was developed with the help of many external creators, including original game design and scenario writing. In that sense, the team can be considered something akin to a foreign legion.

"Would really want your kids to see any of this?"

"Sure why not? Don't want to raise a society full of pussies"

Bwhahaha AWESOME!

JDSN

Banned
madworld-20090213023605821.jpg

This will look great in my wall between my Doctor Strangelove poster and the Reservoir Dogs one. Ive never been so hyped for a game since No More Heroes, I call dibs on the Official thread's banned, I think I might do a good job.

Flakster99

Fucking bad ass. @ the 1:34 second mark, the good dude has 3-4 bad dudes all impaled, twirling them around like rag dolls. Hilarious.

The boss shown @ the end of the video, I was hopping the good dude would show us some cool death sequences. Nevertheless, the entire video is holy shit type material. :D

nightside

JDSN said:
http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/954/954254/madworld-20090213023605821.jpg[IMG]
[/QUOTE]

I was goin to avatarize this but i see you've beaten me :lol

after watching the video: awesomeness over 9000!!!!

New updates : "Storyline" and "Weapons".

Here's what they had to say about the story :

US, February 17, 2009 - "It's certainly true that Jack is a man of many mysteries," says MadWorld director Shigenori Nishikawa. "What I can say is that he isn't someone that you could call a hero in the typical sense."

We're forced to agree. After all, we can't recall any heroes who unflinchingly chainsaw their enemies in half, slam them anus-first onto rusty spikes or lock their heads to the ground with a firm foot and then swing away with a golf club. But Jack is a hero all the same -- one who finds himself competing in a gruesome sport whose roots stretch back thousands of years.

Varrigan City has been taken over by a secret organization. All exits have been blocked off -- there's no way in or out. And when the local police department tries to intervene, its helicopters are shot down in a bold show of force. In a public speech, the President addresses the issue, saying only that operatives have been made aware of the situation and that actions have been taken, but with no specifics and seemingly no immediate help on the horizon, the innocent civilians of Varrigan City are left to fend for themselves.

To make matters worse, the city's new keepers have no pity for those left stranded. They talk of a game called Death Watch -- a fight to the very end for all inhabitants. They encourage all residents to take arms and begin murdering those around them for notoriety. Family members and close friends, they add, are good starting points. And why should anybody take part in such reprehensible acts of violence? Well, because they'll have to if they want to live. Death Watch organizers reveal that they have released a deadly virus into the city and that everybody is infected. Only those who compete in the game will be given the antidote.

"The Death Watch show has a long history, but it is a shady underground event much like back-room wrestling. The organizer's identity has not been revealed," says Nishikawa.

Jack emerges from the darkness, a cigarette in his mouth, and punches out a potential game participant without a second's hesitation. It's here that he meets XIII, who represents the sponsor of the same number. Nothing is known about XIII or his backers, but he knows the rules of Death Watch and sets the musclebound Jack on his way.

Meanwhile, crude commentators details Jack's every move, adding color and humor whenever possible. Who are these commentators and will Jack ever encounter them?

"The commentators will not meet with Jack directly," says Nishikawa. "Why? Because the commentators are viewing the show at a different location via network feeds. For that reason, Jack has no idea what people are saying about him, nor does he care."

As we've played through MadWorld, we've found ourselves continually surprised by the storyline, which is more layered and complex than we had suspected it might be. And according to Nishikawa, there are more twists to come.

"With any story, one should expect the unexpected," he says. "The theme for MadWorld is to challenge the limits, and that challenge extends to our story. Count on it!"

The story sounds awesome. "More complex and layered than suspected" ? Yep, sounds like Matsuno alright.

[edit] Also, some more artworks :

Top Bottom