• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm finding FFXV to be quite brutal, who was this game catered to?

Gattsu25

Banned
I dunno, its open world is shallow as a puddle.
But yeah, haven't finished the game but I don't really see the point of the game 20 hours in. Everything is so surface level...
Yeah, you really don't want to compare this to other modern Western RPGs' open worlds as it doesn't fare well.

I dropped the game around the same hour marker you did.

The Dude

XII did go back to the classic setting actually. I don't think the setting really clicked compared to XIII and XV.

Even if I want XVI to go classical for a change, I'm not holding my breath.

Yea, although it felt more like star wars to me.. But after 13 and now 15, I just would like to see one go classic more again even closer to 14.

Im not holding my breath either but id love to see it.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
They're not characters now?

Yeesh. I get not personally caring for them, but Jesus.

After watching Kingsglaive, at least the characters in the game have actual personalities.

If that movie was supposed to provide background to people heading into the game... Holy shit.

theofficefan99

After watching Kingsglaive, at least the characters in the game have actual personalities.

If that movie was supposed to provide background to people heading into the game... Holy shit.

It isn't even consistent with the game itself. In Kingsglaive, Luna is just a regular helpless princess of Tenebrae that cannot use magic. But suddenly, in the game itself, everyone refers to her as the Oracle and she can use magic with and without her trident. Let's not even get into Ravus. Or Iedolas who goes from intriguing in Kingsglaive to a braindead "my precccioussss crystallllll....." in the game. Or the fact that Cor and Gentiana not being a part of Kingsglaive makes no sense. etc. etc.

One of the most disappointing games ever for me and I'm a long-time Final Fantasy player. I thought XIII was disappointing back in 2010, but this one manages to disappoint me even more.

Thankfully the release of Persona 5 gave me the JRPG I've been craving, and it schools FF15 in almost every aspect.

Squire

Banned
Nier Automata is 10 times the game this is, don't even need to bring up a somewhat expensive large production like DD. Sure, this game is prettier but they forgot they had to make a fun game too. It has nothing other than some pretty decent visuals that get dull after some time. Can't carry a bad game with graphics.

There is really no hook to this game. Boring non-character characters. A story that doesn't make much sense and it's not even complete. Extremely shallow one trick battle system. Terrible magic system and so on. It's easily the worst main line FF to date. I never want to touch it ever again. In a few years when the visuals are outdated, the game has no redeeming quality. At least when I look back at FF13, I enjoyed the combat and it actually has better characters than this game, mind blowing I know.

100% this. Couldn't agree more.

I think there's a great case study in juxtaposing this to Nier, too. One perfectly exemplifies what people actually want from SE, the other is the opposite.

Automata is the best game they've published since FFXII, easy.

Top Bottom