• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm not sooooo sad about WOLVERINE, but...

HighPoly

Banned
Well,

No Hugh Jackman? and what about another GOW gameplay like?

I'd like to see a Wolverine game simular to that old Activision Wolverine from Xbox 360...

Battle Damage Wolverine with all those bullets holes and blood!

Let's talk!

Well,

I'd like to see a Wolverine game simular to that old Activision Wolverine from Xbox 360...

Let's talk!
Asking price would be too high for his likeness. Plus he's done as the character.

Vick

Yet another quality Thread from HighPoly HighPoly

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

If it plays like GoW it's a write off for me.

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
Look I love Hugh Jackman as much as the next guy, but I'm ready to move on from his portrayal of Logan. I'm kind of tired of it after 20+ years.
Great actor, but he was hardly even comicbook accurate.

It will have destruction, body damage and blood. All confirmed in the PDF spreadsheet links

And Id rather them copy GOW than some shit like Boynetta or DMC. Game needs to have weight to it.
Well now I want to see the hero all sexed up and in heels with saxophone music soundtrack. Sleazy sax.

Vick

Just seen the leaked footage. It's another third person one and done movie game slop from Sony. When this shit will end?
When tens of millions of people will stop enjoying them obviously.

And if GTA VI Trailer reception is anything to go by I wouldn't exactly hold my breath for third person narrative driven games to disappear anytime soon. Thankfully.

kunonabi

I'm not the biggest wolverine fan to begin with and pairing him with Jean makes me even less interested. Their take on Calisto is also woeful so I'm expecting the same old crap we've been getting from the spider-man games.

The supposed Wolverine on that leak... It's generic and looks NOTHING like Wolverine.

Yeah u guys know i like more japanese "heroes", but i love Wolverine!

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Hugh Jackman? The last thing we need is them wasting their budget to get some celebrity in there.

Just make a great game and don’t rely on celebrities to draw people in.

Well,

Let's talk!
Isn't it a bit early to write off a game not due till 2025/26?

Last edited:
I have to agree with some of the reactions:

His wall crawling and sitting on power lines looks ridiculous. It's like they just reskinned Spiderman despite the characters being vastly more different.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Watching Wolverine running around the city in that outfit really strikes home how goofy Superheroes look doing so.

You didn’t get that with Spiderman or Batman because they had cool ways of traveling.

Gaelyon

I would welcome a classic Mario Wolverine game, you know with Wolverine slashing mushrooms and hoping from a turtle shell to a green pipe. Why Insomniacs can't we have such a simple request done ?

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
I must be getting old, because this qte style combat looks boring as shit to me, it's why I couldn't play Spiderman for more than 30 minutes, it just feels so automated.

Iced Arcade

He isn't a good Wolverine in the same way that RDJ isn't a good Iron Man. Neither are much like their comic counter parts, but IMO they're one of the rare instances that are improved. Jackman actually makes Wolverine likable.
Like I said, Huge Jackman is loved.

But no RDJ was very much Tony Stark from the comics. Change up Vietnamese undertones to middle east and some story tweaks.

Last edited:

angrod14

Hugh Jackman is loved but he's actually not a good wolverine.

Huge Jackman is 6'3" but wolverine is 5'3" for starters.
I'm actually glad they took that creative license and changed his height. A 5'3" guy would be laughable in a live action version. Wolverine is supposed to be intimidating, badass. Can you imagine a Danny DeVito Wolverine? Hell no.

Iced Arcade

I'm actually glad they took that creative license and changed his height. A 5'3" guy would be laughable in a live action version. Wolverine is supposed to be intimidating, badass. Can you imagine a Danny DeVito Wolverine? Hell no.
You should probably look up a wolverine. 💁

And maybe a comic

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Well,

Let's talk!
Jackman is almost 60

Arachnid

Like I said, Huge Jackman is loved.

But no RDJ was very much Tony Stark from the comics. Change up Vietnamese undertones to middle east and some story tweaks.
I disagree. Stark from the comics was more depressed alcoholic, and a bit of a prick (at least since the 90s; he was a bit more cardboard before that, though always arrogant).

The snarky one liners thing was always more Hawkeyes thing. I remember always being pissed about that in the beginning when Hawkeye was more cardboard (these days, he's closer to his comic self). Stark was never the main comic relief. Stark in MCU is also the main resident know-it-all, jack of all trades scientist since Pym came late vs being one of the original Avengers, and Reed is straight up missing.

Iron Man was a C-list hero before his movies. He wasn't near as likable or popular. RDJ elevated him to A-list with people like Spidey and Wolverine.

Iced Arcade

I disagree. Stark from the comics was more depressed alcoholic, and a bit of a prick (at least since the 90s; he was a bit more cardboard before that, though always arrogant).

The snarky one liners thing was always more Hawkeyes thing. I remember always being pissed about that in the beginning when Hawkeye was more cardboard (these days, he's closer to his comic self). Stark was never the main comic relief. Stark in MCU is also the main resident know-it-all, jack of all trades scientist since Pym came late vs being one of the original Avengers, and Reed is straight up missing.

Iron Man was a C-list hero before his movies. He wasn't near as likable or popular. RDJ elevated him to A-list with people like Spidey and Wolverine.
agree to disagree. but can agree RDJ and Jackman gave those characters a lot of life in the films

Top Bottom