• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm sorry but is this a gaming board or Business Insider for nerds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Seriously, half the page consists of threads that simply regurgitate whatever random bullshit Phil Spencer/Jim Ryan/Matt Booty/some other overpaid executive said on Twitter that morning about their rival company, or about revenue forecast, market predictions, sales numbers, so on and so forth.

blah-blah-blah-bill-murray.gif

And each of those discussions is filled with bickering about which console brand has a bigger dick, plus the conversation is (mostly) led by people who don't even know how to run their own lawn mowers, let alone a video game corporation. And you laugh at me for making too many threads - I wouldn't have to if so many of the threads on the main wouldn't be about this stupid crap.

AmuroChan

Why the generalization of all the users here? I'm both a gamer and a stockholder of these companies. I work in finance. So it's not exactly crazy that I would be interested in the business side of the industry.

Sethbacca

The business of gaming is directly gaming adjacent. I'm not sure what the problem is. Yeah there are console warriors, but really it's just another aspect of the hobby to talk about.

You don't need to be in Japan to buy $NTDOY. You can buy Nintendo stock on any of your preferred trading platform (ie. Robinhood, Webull, TD Ameritrade, etc).
Yes I'm aware but that means you matter as much as a whiny 6 year old. Not taking a shot but Nintendo only has 5 decision makers and really could care less what somebody who owns .012 percent thinks.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Why the generalization of all the users here? I'm both a gamer and a stockholder of these companies. I work in finance. So it's not exactly crazy that I would be interested in the business side of the industry.
That's why I put "mostly" in brackets. I know that some of you have takes that aren't complete nonsense but the vast majority of replies that I see when scrolling through these threads is just bickering over console brands.

AmuroChan

Yes I'm aware but that means you matter as much as a whiny 6 year old. Not taking a shot but Nintendo only has 5 decision makers and really could care less what somebody who owns .012 percent thinks.

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. I'm interested in the business side of the industry. I'm not trying to make decisions for these companies.

mitch1971

You are aware are you not on the amount of rumour and speculation we see or hear about on these forums and the internet in general about gaming news. Now, GAF have more or less concrete evidence of what has been happening in the gaming sphere within these large gaming companies, and you expect people not to be excited about this information.

Last edited:

mrmustard

Banned
If you wanted to talk about games only you shouldn't have joined a mixed forum, because those are usually full of console warriors and fanboys. Try a pc only forum or whatever platform you prefer.
But i partly agree, most of this shit + the weekly sales numbers spamthreads should be in the offtopic area and that 61k quagmire.

Soodanim

Gold Member
You say you're sorry, but I don't think that you are. So really you're lying in the thread title, and why should anyone respect a liar's opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom