• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm ugly

Diablos

Don't look in the mirror
I don't like what I see staring back at me
Everything is clearer
I'll never see what you see
It's not me
So beautiful and free
I'll never be what you need
I can't help it at all
I was born so beautiful
But now I'm ugly

And I rot in my skin
As a piece of me dies everyday
I know I'm nothing
I know there's nothing I can say
To change
The judgment in their ways
I'll never be what you need
I can't help it at all
My love was so beautiful
But now I'm ugly
Yeah

I'm good enough, but I don't care
I'm good enough, but I'm not there
I'm good enough, but I don't care
The sun is out, but I'm not there

(I can go anywhere) I'm good enough, but I don't care (somewhere)
(I can go anywhere) The sun is out, but I'm not there (somewhere)
(I can go anywhere) I'm good enough (somewhere)
(I can go anywhere) I'm good enough (somewhere)

I don't look in the mirror
I don't like what I see staring back at me
Everything is clearer
I'll never see what you see
And I rot in my skin
As a piece of me dies everyday
I know I'm nothing
Because I'm ugly

Jeffrey

I hate how I look on camera at an angle.

Solution for me is too work out and go out in sleeveless tops. Ppl can look at the guns over the face. Can't really do too much with the face but other stuff you can work on with effort over money.

gun_haver

You could always be handsome-ugly like David Schwimmer

he's just handsome-handsome.

there is such a thing as ugly people, although in my experience it is pretty rare and most of it is either weight or lifestyle related influencing your appearance in a bad way. but there are certain facts some people just live with - going bald (me), big nose, big ears, eyes too close together - whatever it might be. there's no point in trying to deny it, but there is a point in getting over it and moving on with your life.

there is such a thing as ugly people, although in my experience it is pretty rare and most of it is either weight or lifestyle related influencing your appearance in a bad way. but there are certain facts some people just live with - going bald (me), big nose, big ears, eyes too close together - whatever it might be. there's no point in trying to deny it, but there is a point in getting over it and moving on with your life.

Save up for a hair transplant.

Have you look at some of the hollywood stars and starlets without makeup?

Trust me...we are all 'ugly' without the glitz and glamour of makeup and instagram filter.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Yeah you might be, I don't know what you look like. Lots of ugly people in the world though. But in the end looks are a really small part of what makes a person interesting, especially the older you get. After a certain age, being awesome will trump being good looking every time. Ugly but interesting might not get laid but they do get married.

For real tho lifting some weights might not fix the problem in your face but it will fix the problem in your head which is more important

You think you’re hot snot on a silver platter, but you’re just a cold booger on a paper plate.

Ouch! The point is, you can fix many of your problems regarding looks if you have the will to do it, like many have suggested in this thread. We all know the genetic lottery is fickle but dwelling endlessly on it doesn't solve anything, we're often our own worst enemy.

Flowmoney

For real tho lifting some weights might not fix the problem in your face but it will fix the problem in your head which is more important

Having muscles would be an uncomfortable feeling to me , I just want to be perfectly thin.

If I can't have face that matches who I am then what's the point.

DKPOWPOW

Pics? Lol, I doubt it's as bad as you say it is. If you're overweight, dont worry so much that is something you can change. I used to feel like this in high school. I was obese, at 5'7 I weighed 230lbs. After graduating (and trying out marijuana)
I decided to focus on myself, change my habits and since then I've hovered around 150lbs for almost 10 years now.

And if you're not overweight, maybe you just need to relax and stop obsessing over yourself in the mirror. Try using that time to help someone, even if you are ugly. If you're a good person people will overlook it. I see plenty of odd couples everyday.

orava

I'm sure you are at least average looking. If you are young then you have nothing to worry about.

Attention whoring makes you ugly.

Disxo

Having muscles would be an uncomfortable feeling to me , I just want to be perfectly thin.

If I can't have face that matches who I am then what's the point.
Having muscle doesnt happen overnight, do it for your mental health.

Edit:
I used to hate myself, gym changed everything.

PuHtQMk.jpg

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Also looks fade and people who put too much stock in them are gross. Just be awesome and love life and others will find you attractive, promise. Not everyone is shallow.

hit the gym

Don't think it works that way if they are talking about facial aesthetics. In any case I wonder how old the OP is. I felt ugly until college. Guess I was a late bloomer. One thing though is to work on things you have control over like your smile. If your teeth are bad, get them taken care of, and if you smile alot that can attract attention away from other shortcomings.

CHC

Haircut, glasses, facial hair styling (if male), light makeup (if female), clothing style, skin care - all of these can do wonders. A person "born ugly" can still look better than a person "born beautiful" if they are healthy and stylish.

And this is only considering looks, not even touching overall demeanor, confidence, tone, general self-presentation.

And lastly, I find "ugly" people to often be some of the most beautiful. Conventional beauty can be boring, I think people with unconventional features are alluring, especially if they seem at ease with themselves.

Rogan

Banned
Don't think it works that way if they are talking about facial aesthetics. In any case I wonder how old the OP is. I felt ugly until college. Guess I was a late bloomer. One thing though is to work on things you have control over like your smile. If your teeth are bad, get them taken care of, and if you smile alot that can attract attention away from other shortcomings.

Good haircuts can make a big difference too.

Crema

Will probably get a lot of shit for suggesting this but using a small amount of bb cream can make a huge difference too for guys. Just practice heaps first so you can get it to look natural.

Oh and retinol helps a lot.

Most people look decent as long as they are in shape, have a fitting haircut, and dress well. Even if your face isn't the most attractive. Trust me.

I don't know if the OP is overweight or not, but losing weight does make your face more "aesthetic". It still changes your face shape along with your body. But of course, if you are slightly overweight then it probably wont make too big of a difference.

source: i lost 60+ pounds

Az

I would like to see a pic. You dont know how much a good haircut and facial hair can change your face.

I got a big nose and big ears, nothing objectively ugly about those. Plenty of balding handsome people, too.

My problem is I look at myself in the mirror and am like "what an Adonis " and then I look at pictures and am like "who is that schlub?!"

big_z

My problem is I look at myself in the mirror and am like "what an Adonis " and then I look at pictures and am like "who is that schlub?!"

Lol can someone explain this effect? I look good in the mirror but can’t take a decent selfie for the life of me.

entremet

Being ugly is not fatal. Go outside. Tons of unattractive people are in relationships.

Really focus on what you can work on. Most people don't have Brad Pitt genetics and that's fine. Moreover, many live rather happy and satisfied lives.

But I was an ugly kid. Grew out of it Called names in schools and everything. Messed me up for a bit. I was a late bloomer as a result. What helped me was not being hard on myself. It sounds like you have a negative self-talk sequence. Cognitive Behavior Therapy may help you overcome those habits.

NotSelf

I always like to at the bigger picture OP if turn a beautiful and ugly person inside out there both hideous this is what we really are guts bones blood urine and feces.

valeu

when you walk down main street on a sunday you see plenty of ugly couples, arm and arm, in love, and with children. conversely, there are many goodlooking people who have never been in love. good looks doesn't guarantee you anything - maybe more people will want to have sex with you but that doesn't mean they will want to date you. in the final scheme of things, looks don't have much significance. you can't look at a person and know what their good or bad qualities are. speaking of karma - you can't look at someone and know their karmic level

Top Bottom