• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ImHeroToo (Persona leaker): Bloodborne Remake is being planned for PS6

Draugoth

Gold Member
Head on the Block (I'm a hero too) shared some info regarding Bloodborne on Purple Forum. Says he can't share more details on it publicy.
  • Bloodborne remake for PS6 is in planning stages.
  • Bluepoint had the job at the start but it might be with another studio
  • Bloodborne PC port was made at some point but Sony sat on it for multiple reasons.

Source

r3jgK9F.jpeg

PKwmbYl.jpeg

yUOnFI1.jpeg

Last edited:

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Complete buffoons if they don't drop a PC port at least.
Otherwise, I stopped caring a year ago. I kept running into the electrified fence for too long.

K2D

Banned
Forced PS6 exclusive and withheld 60 fps patch as an extra forced incentive to boot. Arrogant Sony back at it again.

star trek spock GIF

Please be fake

Tsaki

Based, literally the best timeline. Though they SHOULD release it on PS5, no matter what. By the time PS6 comes PS5 will be in the 130 million console range; way too many units to leave untapped. And if Sony is serious of tackling the rising dev costs, leaving that HUGE installbase will be straight up moronic. Have the PS6 version fully decked out (high fps, ray tracing, etc) and then have the PS5 version capped at 30fps (stable) and call it a day.
With a 2027-28 release for PS6, it would have been a bigger time difference than Demon's Souls or Call of Duty 4 remakes had from the originals.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Who the fuck is this person if they've leaked stuff relating to Sega/Atlus, Squex and now Bluepoint?

I would have thought someone at Sony, but they accurately leaked that P3R would premier at an Xbox event. Must be related to an outsourcing studio?

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Ghosts of Tsushima
Returnal
Demons Souls
The Last of Us
The Last of Us 2
Horizon FW
God of War Ragnarok
Ratchet and Clank

2023 will see the shift to PS5 ports.

Bloodborne won’t happen until it’s remade for PS6.

Demons Souls

I think Sony’s keeping Bloodborne in their back pocket for a full remake on PS6. At that point we’ll see a PC port.

It’s what I’ve been saying.

Sony knows there’s demand for it, so it’s a great title to launch PS6 with. PC won’t see it until then.

Based, literally the best timeline. Though they SHOULD release it on PS5, no matter what. By the time PS6 comes PS5 will be in the 130 million console range; way too many units to leave untapped. And if Sony is serious of tackling the rising dev costs, leaving that HUGE installbase will be straight up moronic. Have the PS6 version fully decked out (high fps, ray tracing, etc) and then have the PS5 version capped at 30fps (stable) and call it a day.
With a 2027-28 release for PS6, it would have been a bigger time difference than Demon's Souls or Call of Duty 4 remakes had from the originals.
If the rumor is true, it's a strategic move to ensure that PS5 FromSoft fanatics transition to the PS6 as soon as possible. I would say it's worth it, even though the return on investment will evidently not be as significant as it would be if this remake were a cross-gen release (PS5/PS6).

Reactions: Dis

Saber

Gold Member
You guys couldn't start a year with yet another Bloodborne rumor.
5 years of presence here in Gaf and its basically 5 years worth of Bloodborne rumors. Don't worry, one day it will come true.

StueyDuck

Head on the Block (I'm a hero too) shared some info regarding Bloodborne on Purple Forum. Says he can't share more details on it publicy.
  • Bloodborne remake for PS6 is in planning stages.
  • Bluepoint had the job at the start but it might be with another studio
  • Bloodborne PC port was made at some point but Sony sat on it for multiple reasons.

Source

r3jgK9F.jpeg

PKwmbYl.jpeg

yUOnFI1.jpeg
Sounds like tales from their anus

nial

Gold Member
Bluepoint is doing new content and it wasn't even the main studio behind Demon's Souls 2020. Stop paying attention to this guy.

Last edited:

FeralEcho

lmao all you people begging for a useless meaningless 60fps patch should have been asking for a sequel instead. might have gotten that faster
But no one was asking for a remake,we only wanted a remaster of the game with 4k and 60 fps which most studios do in 2 years...I can see how with a LOU avatar that notion is hard to grasp seeing as Naughty Dog took 5 years to bring an unnecessary 60 fps remaster for the already updated 60 fps game but it usually doesn't take that long unless your studio was busy wasting time on gaas garbage.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Makes zero sense. It should be and I contend it will be a PS5 Pro release while PS6 should get Bloodborne 2 as a release title since it's 4+ years away.

Top Bottom