• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In anticipation of Dune 2 here is Florence Pugh

CGNoire

This thread reminds of this gem.
6BG6I25.jpg

Jsisto

Here’s the thing..,,,she’s definitely attractive. Is she more attractive than plenty of women I see all the time in daily life? No. And I think that also goes for most female celebrities, to be honest. In fact, controversial take perhaps, but I think there’s a much higher bar for male attractiveness to become famous than for females. Women can much more easily enhance their beauty with makeup. To give an exampe(and this is just my opinion obviously), it’s not very often I see men that are as good looking as say….Leonardo DiCaprio or Brad Pitt. They’re objectively way more handsome than the average guy. I could go on and name other male celebrities….George Clooney? You get the point. Florence Pugh? Margot Robbie? Taylor Swift? Pretty normal looking white girls to be honest. I think the only exception is when it comes to comic relief type character actors Like your Jonah Hills and Michael Cera’s.

GymWolf

Here’s the thing..,,,she’s definitely attractive. Is she more attractive than plenty of women I see all the time in daily life? No. And I think that also goes for most female celebrities, to be honest. In fact, controversial take perhaps, but I think there’s a much higher bar for male attractiveness to become famous than for females. Women can much more easily enhance their beauty with makeup. To give an exampe(and this is just my opinion obviously), it’s not very often I see men that are as good looking as say….Leonardo DiCaprio or Brad Pitt. They’re objectively way more handsome than the average guy. I could go on and name other male celebrities….George Clooney? You get the point. Florence Pugh? Margot Robbie? Taylor Swift? Pretty normal looking white girls to be honest. I think the only exception is when it comes to comic relief type character actors Like your Jonah Hills and Michael Cera’s.
There is a perception that celebrities looks better because we like them, we like their acting, we respect them, we are their fanboys, they feel untouchable for us.

It's like the aerosmith lead singer that looks like the missing evolution step between monkeys and humans but he can get all the pussy he want, same for basically any famous rockstar or singer.

Being a celebrity and being super skilled in something gives you an aura of superior hotness.

There was a period when kate moss was considered the hottest woman in the planet just because she was super famous at that moment, but if you ask me she is a 7 on her absolute best day in a dark room full of sunglasses wearers.

KateMoss.jpg

That fact that people lose their minds over fucking zendaya or pugh tells you everything you need to know.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Becoming a famous actress is more about being striking and different in a way that makes people recognize and remember you, while also still being attractive. You'll probably never forget what Anya Taylor-Joy looks like.

Cyberpunkd

Becoming a famous actress is more about being striking and different in a way that makes people recognize and remember you, while also still being attractive. You'll probably never forget what Anya Taylor-Joy looks like.
While I agree with that (the ATJ part) it sure as hell doesn’t apply to Florence Pugh.

Top Bottom