• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In-Game XMB! (No, it's still not here)

Firewire

Banned
Clinton514 said:
1. A smaller blog mentioned this about 2 weeks ago and why are these sites jumping on it now?

2. I wouldn't get my hopes up based on tiny rumors.

But..here's to hope.
Well seeing various sites posting this info today, along with a few developers confirming it in this thread, its pretty much fact.

The only thing we shouldn't expect is the You Tube support, thats new and it only recently got into developers hands, I believe.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Firewire said:
Well seeing various sites posting this info today, along with a few developers confirming it in this thread, its pretty much fact.

The only thing we shouldn't expect is the You Tube support, thats new and it only recently got into developers hands, I believe.

Agreed.

Now every single game needs a patch to have exclusive neat things in XMB :)

Clinton514

Firewire said:

In that case, June should be an interesting month. Youtube support...I expect they'd want to test a bit more with heavier games.

angelfly

I think people are confusing where the youtube support is going to be implemented. It's already here and it's up to the developer to include and it's not universal through the firmware.

DantesWrath said:
25zs1z5.gif

where do I recognize this from???

Firewire

Banned
angelfly said:
I think people are confusing where the youtube support is going to be implemented. It's already here and it's up to the developer to include and it's not universal through the firmware.
Exactly, it will come in a firmware update though because every PS3 has to support it. We most likely won't know it though as it will be a background feature only enabled when any given developer supports it in their game, if they choose to. It might come in 2.4 who knows, but it most likely will be awhile before we see a game support it.

angelfly

Firewire said:
Exactly, it will come in a firmware update though because every PS3 has to support it. We most likely won't know it though as it will be a background feature only enabled when any given developer supports it in their game, if they choose to. It might come in 2.4 who knows, but it most likely will be awhile before we see a game support it.

As I said it's already here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ynF_PvBUhr4 recorded in-game directly from the PS3.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Firewire said:
The current firmware already supports video recording/YouTube uploading on a per game basis. Mainichi Issho has had the feature available for a couple of weeks now....

sce03.jpg

Nightz

OH HAI GUYZ :D

Let The Games Begin

Posted by Nikhil Chandhok, Product Manager for YouTube Syndication

Back in March, we launched the new YouTube APIs and Tools, with the goal of making YouTube an open video services platform and available for use by any website, desktop application, or consumer device. Today, we are announcing a new partnership that takes advantage of the YouTube APIs in a new and interesting way.

We are happy to announce that PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3TM) has integrated the YouTube APIs to allow game developers to create games that enable direct upload of in-game video captures to YouTube. This YouTube upload functionality can be incorporated not only into new PS3 game titles, but also existing PS3 titles that have the ability to receive network updates. Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. has added YouTube functionality to Mainichi Issho, a popular game with PS3 users in Japan. Gamers will now be able to upload their in-game video captures to YouTube. We're excited at the opportunity this presents and look forward to more and more games to be enhanced with YouTube.

The YouTube APIs are available to all developers and we hope that game developers everywhere will use the YouTube APIs to make video an integral part of their game experience. Whether it's showing off that fantastic touchdown pass, car slide, or karaoke sing-along, we hope that more user-generated content from games will make their way to YouTube and connect with the gamer communities.

Let the games begin!

* PS3 system software must be updated to the latest version.
* “PLAYSTATION” is a registered trademark and “PS3” is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

http://apiblog.youtube.com/2008/05/let-games-begin.html

Raistlin

shidoshi said:
First, wanting new/upgraded features isn't whining.

Second:
- Friend lists longer than 50 stinkin' people
- Removal of frame lag for PS1/PS2 retail games
- Better video & audio codec / container support
- RSS support like the PSP
- Internet Radio channel like the PSP
- CDDB-like database for at the very least Blu-ray titles (ridiculous that there's currently no built-in set-up for BRDs titling themselves), preferably also for DVD, PS1, and/or PS2

Few off the top of my head

fixed.

I want FLAC ... NOW!!

Nightz

Killthee said:
He's talking about 2.35. 2.35 was the firmware that added support for the YouTube API.
Really? When was 2.35 released? I thought it was released in April, so when I saw that the post was made in May, I got all excited. >_<

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Nightz said:
Really? When was 2.35 released? I thought it was released in April, so when I saw that the post was made in May, I got all excited. >_<
It came out the day of the blog post, the 14th of May. Mainichi Issho was also updated soon after.

Ariexv

AranhaHunter said:
Can someone explain to me what really is the purpose and want for this youtube upload thing?
Uploading awesome moments of you playing? You might think its useless...... but the Halo 3 recording/uploading feature is fucking amazing.

angelfly

AranhaHunter said:
Can someone explain to me what really is the purpose and want for this youtube upload thing?

People like to record and share their gameplay footage. There's notmuch else to it.

Strawman

PhatSaqs said:
Because Live is the standard for console online gaming. You cant claim to have online gaming until you at least matched the standard IMO.

:lol :

yes please Sony, start charging a fee for PSN, shut down your server support for 1st party games and make sure noone can connect at Xmas or when your most popular game releases map packs!

Nooreo

You know it was mentioned before but i feel it needs to be said again

Little Big Planet+Youtube upload feature

I swear if they implement this feature i will have have to buy new pants every day ^0^

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
let's not have another frigging bitching thread ffs gents.

Youtube API sounds awesome and goes beyond matching XBL functions. Sounds cool and would be the sort of thing that would help home.

theBishop

Banned
DCharlie said:
let's not have another frigging bitching thread ffs gents.

Youtube API sounds awesome and goes beyond matching XBL functions. Sounds cool and would be the sort of thing that would help home.

oh_no_you_didnt.gif

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Youtube API sounds awesome and goes beyond matching XBL functions.
yeah, we know that MS have been experimenting with something similar, but this -particular- function got there before them. *shrug*

props where it's due - this could be quite cool and i don't see any point in trying to claim it's not.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Tiduz said:
Was that really neccesary?

Even rhytm/music games have fanboys?

:lol

Don't play or follow either, I still think it's a joke though.
Of course quality and profit don't go together in these cases.

PS3 YouTube uploading... wonder what the quality will be.

Top Bottom