• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In-Game XMB! (No, it's still not here)

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
NameGenerated said:
I mean a comprehensive thread with all of the info on 2.4 in 1 post, rather than digging through this whole thing.
All the info that's been revealed about 2.4 is linked in the OP. The rest of this thread is rumormongering, dreams and idle speculation.

People are starting to talk about the YT feature like it's been confirmed. The update already sounds amazing, there no reason to set yourself up for potential disappointment by expecting the YT feature.

Nooreo said:
You know it was mentioned before but i feel it needs to be said again

Little Big Planet+Youtube upload feature

I swear if they implement this feature i will have have to buy new pants every day ^0^

That would be cool if only for previewing levels before you download.

What in the fuck is with all of the rude assed asshats being rude as fuck about this and trying to shit on Jim?
This is great news that we all knew was coming sooner or later, glad to have some word on it.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Hazaro said:
Don't play or follow either, I still think it's a joke though.
Of course quality and profit don't go together in these cases.

PS3 YouTube uploading... wonder what the quality will be.
It's already available, you can view the quality here. The hdd video files are saved as MPEG-4, 320x240, 768Kbps, 30fps video with MPEG2-AAC, 48KHz, 64Kbps audio.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Clinton514 said:
2. I wouldn't get my hopes up based on tiny rumors.
The comment in the OP is not just a rumour though.

And yea, as someone else mentioned, that's not the only feature coming in that update.

Madman

OokieSpookie said:
What in the fuck is with all of the rude assed asshats being rude as fuck about this and trying to shit on Jim?
People that didn't read the OP and/or don't pay attention I guess.

M3wThr33

Banned
Wow. A lot of spoilsports here are going to be eating crow in a week or two.

YouTube feature is NOT a rumor. It's part of the SDK.

Zoe

M3wThr33 said:

The rumor is not that it exists, it's that it will become magically supported by everything.

Which only became a rumor because people misread another post :(

Tiduz

Eurogaime
M3wThr33 said:

I Love You for giving a timeframe.

Seriously.

M3wThr33 said:

I wasn't saying that it wasn't going to eventually happen. All I was saying was don't get your hopes up for it and then act disappointed if it doesn't come in this 2.40 update.

In-Game XMB is useless

In game music? MP3 Player... get one.
In game message sending? Phone... get one
In game web browser? Laptop... get one
In game YouTube? Useless, eat it

The only useful "In game feature" would be the ability to stream what you are playing and have other people join in and watch. If this is a co-op game, they could watch, jump in when you get to a hard part, kill the enemy, jump out.

Though this can already be achieved... webcam... get one.

You guys are delusional if you think that In Game XMB will solve any problems. If anything it will just make you more aware of the flaws. That being said, In Game XMB won't hurt anyone certainly and has been requested alot... but, you guys will understand soon enough.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
KINGOFNOOBS said:
In-Game XMB is useless

(neutral) KINGOFNOOBS
(Today, 08:44 PM)

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
KINGOFNOOBS said:
In-Game XMB is useless

The only useful "In game feature" would be the ability to stream what you are playing and have other people join in and watch. If this is a co-op game, they could watch, jump in when you get to a hard part, kill the enemy, jump out.

You guys are delusional if you think that In Game XMB will solve any problems. If anything it will just make you more aware of the flaws. That being said, In Game XMB won't hurt anyone certainly and has been requested alot... but, you guys will understand soon enough.

I understand why joke members are banned more often now.

birdman

KINGOFNOOBS said:
In-Game XMB is useless

Wow, I have both those things, yet I'm excited that the PS3 is finally getting them. Crazy!

chubigans said:
I understand why joke members are banned more often now.
So stating a non-majority opinion makes you a joke poster? :lol
If you even bothered to read the post I said that nothing is wrong with people wanting In Game XMB, but thinking it will make the PS3 something its not is just eh. I'd be more exciting for Home then In Game XMB. You guys are excited for features the PS3 should've had to begin with? The PS3 came out 6 months after the 360 and its just now getting similar features? What happened to that "Launch with 360 level connectivity"?

KINGOFNOOBS said:
So stating a non-majority opinion makes you a joke poster? :lol
If you even bothered to read the post I said that nothing is wrong with people wanting In Game XMB, but thinking it will make the PS3 something its not is just eh. I'd be more exciting for Home then In Game XMB. You guys are excited for features the PS3 should've had to begin with? The PS3 came out 6 months after the 360 and its just now getting similar features? What happened to that "Launch with 360 level connectivity"?

No, I think they were referring to your festering assrot of a post history as pointing to the 'joke poster' status.

Bigmac573

Banned
I want to believe all this but how does the OP truly know what's going to be in patch 2.4? Sorry if Im a bit naive about this. /bow

KINGOFNOOBS said:
In-Game XMB is useless

Oh Lord

I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not being serious.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Bigmac573 said:
I want to believe all this but how does the OP truly know what's going to be in patch 2.4? Sorry if Im a bit naive about this. /bow

JSTEVENSON confirmed it as well. he is working on RESISTANCE 2 AKA the game i will get Day ONE.

And the EA employee (evilone) confirmed it as well :p

karasu

KINGOFNOOBS said:
In-Game XMB is useless

That post was fucking dumb. Seriously. You oughta be peed on.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
KINGOFNOOBS said:
In-Game XMB is useless

Wow, that is so much fail.

karasu said:
That post was fucking dumb. Seriously. You oughta be peed on.
Why exactly is it dumb?

No it doesn't, you twat. You can apply your nonsensical bullshit on anything with a lot of features.
Name calling. Ah, the first step of a healthy relationship. If its bullshit then prove it wrong. Simple really.

M3wThr33

Banned
Zoe said:
The rumor is not that it exists, it's that it will become magically supported by everything.

Which only became a rumor because people misread another post :(

Ahh. As far as youTube's concerned, it'll be like all the other features added post-release, optional and rarely used.

Tiduz said:
I Love You for giving a timeframe.

Seriously.

Ehh. I don't know anything about that. I just figure it'll be soon enough. If the media has a grip on it, then it can't be far away.

Nooreo

KINGOFNOOBS said:
In-Game XMB is useless

678cxw.jpg

Diablos

KINGOFNOOBS said:
In-Game XMB is useless

Yeah uh, ok, duders.

YYZ

Laguna X said:
Hopefully that ban is permanent.
he was asking for it, especially in that OT girlfriend pr0n thread.

futnownarcade said:
$5 says KingOfNoobs was Shawn Elliott.
that's insulting to Shawn Elliott.

If that really was him then colour me disappointed (you need a real e-mail to get an account here and Shawn already has one).

Top Bottom