• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In-Game XMB! (No, it's still not here)

Firewire

Banned
evilone said:
Yea its pretty awesome what they are doing with this firmware update. A lot of you will be happy with it for a while.

I'm hoping you're referring to Home, anyways you mentioned in the past that you where working on some related stuff, hows it going?

jstevenson said:

:lol

Typical JS!

Nightz

evilone said:
Yea its pretty awesome what they are doing with this firmware update. A lot of you will be happy with it for a while.
I love it when you guys who are in the know post stuff, but at the same time I hate you guys for it. :lol

More info please :)

Mecha_Infantry said:
2py40fc.jpg

Did not believe it will be June

haha what is that from?

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
evilone said:

How long have you known about this?

jmd494

Honestly...the idea of being able to capture direct feed videos and upload them to YouTube blows away any firmware feature to date. If we could really do that (and if they let us layer in sound like we can in the PS EYE software), that would be un-fucking-believable!

Imagine how much better the rainbow tutorials for PixelJunk Monsters would look :p

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Xabora said:
Wait... theres more to this site?

There's actually a NEWS SYSTEM?

Why was I NOT told about this?
NeoGAF is not affiliated with GA, the board separated from the site several years ago. NeoGAF was called GAF when it was still affiliated with GA.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Justin Dailey said:
Imagine how much better the rainbow tutorials for PixelJunk Monsters would look :p
When Stage6 was alive, there were some really good direct feed ones...

tanod

when is my burrito
SnakeXs said:
Do we have any date guesstimates besides Summer/before MGS?

MGS is only two weeks away! OMGOMGOMG

Also, Jstevenson, Jim and evilone suck.

Justin Dailey said:
Honestly...the idea of being able to capture direct feed videos and upload them to YouTube blows away any firmware feature to date. If we could really do that (and if they let us layer in sound like we can in the PS EYE software), that would be un-fucking-believable!

Mainichhi Issho uses the youtube uploading already. I can't think it'd be THAT hard to implement.

jmd494

Seiken said:
When Stage6 was alive, there were some really good direct feed ones...
Hmm...well in that case...imagine how much easier it would be for the masses to upload their direct feed videos.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
evilone said:
I have to update my PS3 firmware again?!? GOD, what a hassle!!!!

jmd494

If we get YouTube support AND it allows for either text overlays OR audio layering (Mic recorded voiceovers), I will be uploading tutorial videos on how to make things in LBP.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Justin Dailey said:
Honestly...the idea of being able to capture direct feed videos and upload them to YouTube blows away any firmware feature to date. If we could really do that

It can be done..as an option. It's an option developers have right now.

DON'T expect it to be standard any time soon. We're only now just getting in-game messaging :lol

On a side note, though, I hope and pray MM will use that feature in LBP, if at all possible. It has immense potential in particular for that game, from a training AND word-of-mouth/marketing POV.

Ranger X said:
Message to whinners out there:

Since we will have in-game messaging and custom soundtrack, on what missing feature will you continue your golden spoone bitch fest?
Better use of the low-power mode currently used only for wake-on-LAN Remote Play. I want my console to 'turn off' but really go into low-power mode, finish charging my controllers and finish all my downloads, and then automatically shut all the way off.

There's always something. :lol

evilone

EA Employee
Firewire said:
I'm hoping you're referring to Home, anyways you mentioned in the past that you where working on some related stuff, hows it going?

:lol

Typical JS!

Its actually being worked on right now. Everyone is talking about the ubidays PR event within Home right now. It left a good mark for us.

Epix

Justin Dailey said:
I can see the chaos now if it does come out June 12th and some bug makes MGS non-playable for a few days.
True, it'd be in Sony's best interest to drop this a week before MGS4 to help avoid any problems.

Firewire

Banned
jstevenson said:
Stupid NDAs and documents with confidential written on them! Always foiling you guys!

Damn lawyers and their bs!

evilone said:
Its actually being worked on right now. Everyone is talking about the ubidays PR event within Home right now. It left a good mark for us.

Awesome, good to hear! I look forward to seeing what kind of cool stuff you guys can bring to it!

slider

jstevenson said:
Stupid NDAs and documents with confidential written on them! Always foiling you guys!

We need an alt account for JS stat.

My initial excitment has subsided. I'm going back to my reserved mode but lowering my socks slightly so when they're blown off at the release of 2.4 I won't get any chaffing.

Yama

I wonder if it will work during B/C titles, that'd be incredibly awesome.

Too bad Outbreak isn't online still, it'd have been great with XMB communication (possibly voice chat) and such.

Negaiido

evilone said:

Btw is EA also working on achievements for the PS3 version of The Orange Box? *hopes :(*

CamHostage

Justin Dailey said:
If we get YouTube support AND it allows for either text overlays OR audio layering (Mic recorded voiceovers), I will be uploading tutorial videos on how to make things in LBP.

Yes, I'd love that. I assume Youtube doesn't have any system for alternate audio or alpha channel tracks, right? There's a Japanese service that does text-to-time overlays of Youtube videos, that feature is really cool but I haven't seen it pick up popularity anywhere else.

Jim

Killthee said:
NeoGAF is not affiliated with GA, the board separated from the site several years ago. NeoGAF was called GAF when it was still affiliated with GA.

The only connection is me posting here, the old ga-forum.com url sorta working, and the "Post New Topic", "Post Reply" icons :lol

Evilore is your master, I'm just a lazy someone with a long standing, game-industry related hobby.

mintylurb

Ranger X said:
Message to whinners out there:

Since we will have in-game messaging and custom soundtrack, on what missing feature will you continue your golden spoone bitch fest?
No trueskill system!? No buy!!

Firewire

Banned
Jim said:
The only connection is me posting here, the old ga-forum.com url sorta working, and the "Post New Topic", "Post Reply" icons :lol

Evilore is your master, I'm just a lazy someone with a long standing, game-industry related hobby.

Hey Jim, can you clear up the whole music patent thing? From you're site you mention soundtracks but I thought that would be virtually impossible unless Sony dished out major cash for it or something?

The whole thing has gotten rather confusing!

Top Bottom