• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In-N-Out Burgers not coming east. Steak N Shake still secretly the best.

LTWood12

In-N-Out is the best fast food burger. Quality is so beyond any other cheap chain ie McDs, Wendy's, Burger King, etc. If you want to compare the burger itself to Five Guys that's fine but their price points are on different continents. Even then, I still prefer In-N-Out.

In-N-Out is the best fast food burger. Quality is so beyond any other cheap chain ie McDs, Wendy's, Burger King, etc. If you want to compare the burger itself to Five Guys that's fine but their price points are on different continents. Even then, I still prefer In-N-Out.

Bingo. I like Five Guys and I like In-N-Out, but In-N-Out blows them away for value.

LTWood12

No shit? Do they check to make sure you're Christian or something?

No. It's unique in structure in that they still have a lot of control over the operation. And no one is allowed to own more than a single restaurant. They want their owners IN the building in those early years working in the trenches. So every Chick Fil A is someone's life's work essentially. It's a personal and emotional investment, in addition to financial.

I'm in line at an In N Out now. Thanks thread.

At least you can get one. Thanks to this fucking thread that keeps being bumped I've gone to a Carl's Jr. three times in two weeks (before this I hadn't gone to one in a year) since I cant get a In N Out and all I can do is imagine I'm going to one by choosing the closest thing I have.

False af.

The buns are the best in chain burger joints. The patties are highly customizable even with wild game meats. The fries have great seasoning. They have a great bacon cheeseburger with avocado. And the decor is American rock and roll.

Agreed. They're pricey but I love Fuddrockers!

Because of the dumb Imperial system I ordered by mistake the biggest fucking burger I've ever been served in my life. All I saw were these weird fractions and the word "lb." besodes the size of the burger. I figured it was easier to say "1 pound" since 1/3 of whatever a pound was sounded like something so tiny.

Lo and behold I was served a burger in a 1 pound patty and holy shit at the size of that motherfucking thing. Had I known it was essentially a 500 gram patty I would'nt have paid for that. Of course I didnt finish half of it.

Still love Fuddrockers. The 1 pound thing I blame more on the American government :p

Desi

Visited LA mid-June, ordered up a burger and animal fries.

Burger was okay, animal fries sauce was necessary to moisten the dry-as-shit hickory stick twigs they call fries.

You can keep it, Worst Coast.
same exact experience during E3. Came away far from impressed.

Dead

well not really...yet
Had in-n-out on Saturday 😋. Literally blew my friends mind.

Cant wait til the Houston location opens up.

On a couple of different occasions I took some In N Out virgins to In N Out and they left unimpressed. I felt like I somehow let them down, and they had me questioning my own love for In N Out.

No....no its THEM who are wrong. In N Out is amazing.

snacknuts

we all knew her

Your friend's mind must be made of dandelion fluff.

I tried Shake Shack for the first time this past weekend and OH MY GOD it's so good. Culver's is still the best option in the midwest, but I am a Shake Shack believer.

Dead

well not really...yet
You could eat Shack Shack or you could just burn your money. Both are just as much of a waste. So overpriced :D

On a couple of different occasions I took some In N Out virgins to In N Out and they left unimpressed. I felt like I somehow let them down, and they had me questioning my own love for In N Out.

No....no its THEM who are wrong. In N Out is amazing.

In N Out is a slow burn....I was unimpressed the first time as well. It wasn't until like my 3rd or 4th time there did I really enjoy it.

gamz

Your friend's mind must be made of dandelion fluff.

I tried Shake Shack for the first time this past weekend and OH MY GOD it's so good. Culver's is still the best option in the midwest, but I am a Shake Shack believer.

Same and from Chicago. Shit is delicious!

I've had Five Guys a few times (there's one near me) and it's unfortunately really inconsistent. The fries are always good (even if they're like 2000 calories alone) but the burgers are often overly greasy, soggy, and low on flavor.

One of my favorite things about In n Out is how amazingly consistent and fresh it is.

Portillos is just an illinois thing (with a few exceptions), but they have really good burgers.

They have one in SoCal. Been there a few times. I definitely don't go for the burgers though, I go for all the other stuff.

The west has Five Guys too ya know...

I like them both. In-N-Out is great if I'm looking for a cheap meal that doesn't taste like sugar bread and oatmeal burger (McDonals).

I go to Five Guys when I want a bigger meal with more options. The Cajun fries are great too.

Coolluck

There are a couple of Culver's in Austin, TX but they get overshadowed by all the other burger options available. I lived in Austin for 4 years and never tried Culvers. I did think about trying them on multiple occasions but never got myself to

I'm a big fan of the burgers and the concrete but those fries are a damn shame.

HariKari

The Culver's meme is picking up steam.

Culver's has the best ice cream out of all the chains mentioned, but the fries are basically cafeteria level. Good thing they've got the cheese curds to make up for it. Their burgers are in the same tier as the other 'good' chains, nothing super special.

Zoe

I've always wanted to try their cheese curds. Never gotten around to it...

If I want a burger + custard though, I go to Freddy's.

Salmonax

This thread always makes me want In N Out but I don’t want to go to Fisherman’s Wharf (in SF) and In N Out has blocked every company attempting to facilitate delivery.

Boourns.

Culver's has the best ice cream out of all the chains mentioned, but the fries are basically cafeteria level. Good thing they've got the cheese curds to make up for it. Their burgers are in the same tier as the other 'good' chains, nothing super special.

I thought they had Custard, not ice cream

Grimalkin

I'm a big fan of the burgers and the concrete but those fries are a damn shame.

If the fries are fresh they are good and my local Culver's makes them per order so it's rarely a bad experience. Crispy on the outside, like they should be.

I did go to a different location when I was on a business trip. At that Culver's the fries were not fresh and were terrible.All soggy and soft. I'm talking Wendy's fries level of bad.

But yeah, burger + cheese curds + custard is the way to go at Culver's.

Top Bottom