• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In-rang (2018) - Korean remake of Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade

Goofalo

jinro_soju_375__48467.1362442431.jpg

My man

Well this is unexpected

Would you say the animated movie is more action based or more dialog heavy?

It's a slow burner that starts off with action, but then starts to get into the bearucratic espionage angle which can be very tough to follow as there are organizations and branches of government working against each other and splinter cells within those organizations with their own agenda as well. It can be a tough anime film to follow especially if you're reading subtitles.

Timbuktu

I also wonder if they'll portray themselves as Japanese or as Koreans that were conquered by the Germans. Or choose another country since they can make up some new stuff while still telling the same story.

I would guess they would make it Korean and it would probably be better for it. Kerberos saga's alternate history of Japan siding with the Allies and then losing the war doesn't really make sense to me, as if they didn't invade the rest of Asia.

UrbanRats

Nice.
Jin Roh is a very good animated movie, and he's a great director.
Although i admit the amazing animation was part of the draw, i'm not sure if it'll lose something in Live Action, on that front.

Happy to see the average take on Jin-Roh has changed, I remember when it first released and a lot of people complained it was too boring, glad to see the shift.

Such a beautiful film.

Top Bottom