• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inagural IrishGAF Meet-up Thread - Sat 22 July '17

Nerdkiller

Membeur
DKLlpqA.png

Well folks, it's finally come to this...A Simpsons Clip Sh-wait, not that? Oh right...we Irish folk are finally organising a gathering of the mighty, the pasty, the...occasionally lazy (look, I was the only one willing to make this thread, okay?) where we (at least we try to) meet with fellow GAFfers from across the country and just do some hangin', chillin', little bit of illin'. So without further a-deeoooo, the thread for the NeoGAF Gathering of the Irish...in Dublin...well where else did you think we were gonna gather? Limerick?

VtdhM3b.png

It's in the title, dum-dum.

Jkx5gHu.png

We'll start at around 2pm at O'Connell St. You know, the place where The Spire is.

12224_l.jpg

We might to a bit of shopping for the hour we decide to head off for the Irish Film Institute in Temple Bar at around 3pm where they will be showing a 70mm print of Dunkirk at 3:45.

000a1dd3-622.jpg

Just remember to book your tickets if you want to join us. They're still available as I'm typing this up.

We may or may not head off to Token immediately after, depending what we're going to be doing after Dunkirk, so I may put down a reservation for at least 8 people. For those not in the know about Token...

Token is a restaurant – bar – retro arcade – pinball parlour – event space. We have over 32 machines, 22 taps, and an extensive menu for all tastes. Our food consists of our take on high-end fast food. Whether it be a wagyu burger, vegan calamari, bacon battered Reese's Cup, or extremely hot chicken – all of our dishes are cooked to order. We host events, gaming and not gaming-related, ranging from film screenings to board game meet-ups to pinball leagues to eating challenges to beer tastings & more!

Other places to be determined.

a6Ti0rU.png

Most certainly:

Nerdkiller (yours truly)
TheOnlyOneHeEverFeared
achors (and his girlfriend)
Podge293
funkystudent

Maybe:

Enter The 36 Chambers
SomedayTheFire
Desmond

So...ye down with this?

butzopower

proud of his butz
Fuck me, there's a place to play pinball in Dublin now?! Sadly I've moved to London this last year, so I can't join, but enjoy the IFI, lovely little place!

CLaddyOnFire

Neo Member
I'll be in Ireland for my honeymoon from the 19th to the 27th! By Saturday we'll be in Cork, but we'll have a pint in solidarity

acohrs

I'm happy to book the token table once we decide if we want to eat there or eat elsewhere. I say eat there!

acohrs

tables booked on opentable.ie are only for an hour and a half, so booked one there for 5 for 18:30 but have also emailed token directly to see if we can book a table for the night. Will update you lads on how that goes

Limerick is pretty gre... No, I can't bring myself to say it.

I don't think I can make the trip up but in any case I hope ye all have a great time.

acohrs

5 for a first meet up is pretty great. was worried it would be me, my gf, and nerdkiller. In that scenario, would have to hold hands with both my gf and nerdkiller to not make it awkward Haha!

Podge293

5 for a first meet up is pretty great. was worried it would be me, my gf, and nerdkiller. In that scenario, would have to hold hands with both my gf and nerdkiller to not make it awkward Haha!

Can the other 3 who are going please wait outside with me so we can witness this handholding

Edit: and by that I mean I can't count

Nerdkiller

Membeur

Podge293

I'm not too sure about just pubs, though, speaking as a non-drinker.

And here comes the mockery over me never downing booze in a country famous for it.

1129043.jpg

Oh god.....can someone else take over I can't have someone sober remember all the shit I talk

Edit:I could be drinking solo.......

acohrs

Don't drink either so good company Haha! After the hour and a half, we can just go to the gaming area. From what I understand, food is in one area and games are in another, so oncd done eating we just game! And by game I mean hog the time crisis or house of the dead machines for the night!

Yous planning on going to a pub? Mostly non drinkers, but after a pint or two id be down for whatever if there's any other ideas going?

Doesn't have to be alcohol fueled

acohrs

Joking about the sniff.

I probably won't be around during the day, but I'll more than likely be around town for a pint in the evening if yous end up hitting a pub

Ah you're fine mate, figured as much. Thought what you meant was the white powder but googled it to make sure. What I found was much worse haha

Top Bottom