• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Independence Day: Resurgence novelization is out and...(UNMARKED SPOILERS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xam3l

Would be hilarious if someone kills an alien shouting "I'm a strong and independent species goddamn it"and Bang! to the head!

I believe that if Aliens really invaded to take over the earth, they would truly be fucking with the wrong species. The Einstein's of the world would come out with a way to defeat them. Like a virus that makes them all sick or something.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I believe that if Aliens really invaded to take over the earth, they would truly be fucking with the wrong species. The Einstein's of the world would come out with a way to defeat them. Like a virus that makes them all sick or something.

The same Einsteins that still haven't improved upon the pneumatic tire in 200 years?

Aggelos

The fact that the film is out in two weeks and has a not-yet-rated status, does it imply that still there is no completed form of it (meaning that they are adding visual effects, sound effects, music, and cutting-editing it)?

MisterHero

Bill Pullman DIES?!

I don't want to watch a movie where Bill Pullman dies. Except Casper, because he was resurrected in Casper. F this shit

At least Brent Spiner's getting more work

Krejlooc

Banned
Why do they need to go fuck up the alien homeworld if they killed the queen? Isn't their society now doomed because she died?

UberTag

Bill Pullman DIES?!

I don't want to watch a movie where Bill Pullman dies. Except Casper, because he was resurrected in Casper. F this shit
I take it you didn't watch Titan A.E.
Bill Pullman sacrificing himself to save the day always pays off.

Why do they need to go fuck up the alien homeworld if they killed the queen? Isn't their society now doomed because she died?
They have landmarks we need to incinerate.

J-Rzez

Fox is going to have a good year in theaters huh? Even if it's just from 2 movies lol.

This sounds like a great fanservice, holding true to the spirit of the first one. Just so the set pieces are good, and barring any loss via acting, it'll be a winner with a script like that.

Krejlooc

Banned
The president should say "Hello boys, I'm baaaaaaaaack" when sacrificing himself instead of "Happy fourth of July!"

IF they get Smith back for 3, this is basically everything I wanted.

Also just make Pullman a sentient AI for their ships or whatever for 3. IDGAF just keep him around.

This is gonna be bonkers as fuck.
omg I can't believe I fucking basically called the ending
You didn't at all, but I still support your version. The only thing you called is that after all is said and done, they would go attack the Aliens' home world.
Independence Day: Revengeance.

giphy.gif

The only thing i don't like is Harvesting the earth's core for energy. The earth's core is a giant Iron Crystal, and yes there is radioactive material but is it really worth all the effort?
If I've learned anything from movies, and I haven't, it's that Earth's core is basically magic.
I really hope that alien vs. guy with two machetes fight delivers.
6tdvkuk.gif

See the thing is, (and it's been awhile since I've seen the first) I was always under the impression that because the aliens were a nomadic race, going from planet to planet, that when the ship was destroyed in the first film, so too was their race. They were fucked. So the idea that there were more kind of shook me. Now even further, the idea that the Queen of the entire race is dead, makes it even more suspect. My guess? That particular Queen is actually one of many, and that there is one back on the home planet, and that this one is just for commanding the fleet. Plus I would assume that, unless the home world is destroyed, that the aliens could keep coming. That's my guess.

Well the summary sounds awesome if you ask me. Looks like they really made it work...

lets just hope that they made it work on screen too

Learning that Connie died sucks. I loved the actress and that character. Guess they had no reason to bring her back. :(

Edit: After reading the rest of it this is pretty much what I wanted way back in high school when I saw the first Independence Day film. Using the alien technology against them and, if the third film pans out, meeting up with other alien races to take the fight to the bad guys.

Rarely do I get my high school masturbatory wish so the second film will flop and there will be no third film.

Edit 2: The Sphere sounds like something out of this episode of Star Trek: Return to Tomorrow

Pineapple

The harvester has been churning out nascent harvesters for thousands of years, so there are more of them out there.

I don't know that the aliens have an actual home planet - they appear to be a nomadic species that simply grows and expands by consuming planets.

Independence Day: Resurgence | "Fear" Clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL3XsJ92MEY

Ugh...what the hell are they doing...there's no reason to reveal anything that has to do with the sphere or the other alien races...

The harvester has been churning out nascent harvesters for thousands of years, so there are more of them out there.

I don't know that the aliens have an actual home planet - they appear to be a nomadic species that simply grows and expands by consuming planets.

Maybe there own planet got wiped out by an even more dominant force in the universe...DBZ Saiyan/Frieza saga confirmed...so in the third movie Goldblum will turn Super Saiyan?

Ferr986

I wish they had the balls to make Earth end up destroyed, especially considering humans made bases on other moons.

I dunno, it makes these bad-ass Aliens with super hi-tech that anihilated multiple more sophisticated species looks totally dumb as fuck.

I mean, it was worse in the first movie (with the stupid virus and all this shit) but still they come with all their shit yet they get kicked out again.

Would make a third movie more interesting IMO.

Oh my god, this sounds amazing. I mean, is campy as fuck and all, but I really like the cliffhanger at the end. I'm in!

The first ID holds a special place in my heart. Those first 30 minutes are a masterpiece on how a real invasion would look. I'm not even into action films, I probably hate 90% of them, but ID is fucking special.

Independence Day: Resurgence | "Fear" Clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL3XsJ92MEY

While the music sounds nice, that's no David Arnold.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Woah, I actually read the whole summary in the OP, and I have to admit, it sounds just about…perfect. Will it be corny? Sure. Will it be ludicrous? Certainly. Will it be entertaining as fuck? It sure sounds like it will be!!!!!!

I’m actually looking more forward to this movie now than I was a few minutes ago.

Whelp, I guess I gotta see this in theaters after that crazy fucking description.

I like how they were able to sneak a giant monster movie in with a huge alien invasion flick. That's insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom