• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (Bonus game:The Staff of Kings PSP/PS2/DS/Wii)

Mifune

Mehmber
If LucasArts really wants to do something for Wii (they should) and are hurting for cash (they are), they should just re-release Fate of Atlantis and other graphic adventures with Wiimote controls.

Not an original idea, but one that needs to be repeated over and over.

A2M is the developer on these. The controllers are quite intuitive and not overdone and it's pretty good looking for a Wii title.

lubczyk

Banned
It's good to see the Wii as lead platform. There's no reason to put money into the HD sinkholes when you should be prioritizing the market leader.

lubczyk

Banned
bmf said:
Hasn't really happened in this thread yet, just a statement that the game will have to categorically suck because it's not in HD.

It'll actually be better, because it will be using innovative controls and gameplay instead of just shiny graphics and lastgen controls and gameplay.

hokahey

Cry cry cry. Jeez. Not everyone cares about HD Grafffix1.

This game will sell like hotcakes on Wii. Motion controls for the whip? Yes please. Let's hope it uses motion +.

hokahey said:
Cry cry cry. Jeez. Not everyone cares about HD Grafffix1.

This game will sell like hotcakes on Wii. Motion controls for the whip? Yes please. Let's hope it uses motion +.
Maybe they'll show IGA the way.

lubczyk said:
It's good to see the Wii as lead platform. There's no reason to put money into the HD sinkholes when you should be prioritizing the market leader.

it's a very good point, but this title coming out on Wii only is not a strategic stroke of genius by Lucas Arts. it's only because the next-gen title that was in development for years never came together along side it's A2M developed "little brother".

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Ah I see how gaf is,

1. "Wii sucks cuz it has no games that hardcore gamers want!"

2. Wii gets game that hardcore gamers want

3. "Why is it coming out on Wii? Wii sucks!"

jrricky

Banned
Adumaha said:
Ah I see how gaf is,

Quoted for relevance. Nail and hammer.....

Anyways, show me some gameplay. I enoyed SWFU Wii so dont blow this LucasArts.

bill0527 said:
Apparently they went the cheap route and cut out an Indy game for the HD consoles.

I thought The Force Unleashed sold well for them?

Ehh judging by the quality of TFU though, they need to be outsourcing any shit they want to do on the HD consoles.

Did you just have a conversation with yourself?

Adumaha said:
Ah I see how gaf is,

Ah I see how gaf is,

1. This game doesn't look too great
2. You're just saying that because it's on Wii and not 360 and PS3
3. No, I'm saying it because it looks like garbage

CamHostage

Adumaha said:
Ah I see how gaf is,

Yep.

As much as I'm excited for the future of Euphoria and liked its use in GTA, the Star Wars: TFU games were better in their last-gen versions (PSP being a really great game IMO.) After remembering how much I hated that old trailer for Indy next-gen and how bad the Euphoria was used, I'm not so sure what everybody is upset about when the Wii/PSP/PS2 version might have been the better game.

bigmakstudios said:
Ah I see how gaf is,

There's just no pleasing you is there? No matter what Wii game it is, it's all fair game for your incessant trolling.

jangotangos said:
it's a very good point, but this title coming out on Wii only is not a strategic stroke of genius by Lucas Arts. it's only because the next-gen title that was in development for years never came together along side it's A2M developed "little brother".

It's not "Wii-only," and Wii would still (probably) have been the lead SKU for the last-gen versions.

CamHostage

Father_Brain said:
It's not "Wii-only," and Wii would still (probably) have been the lead SKU for the last-gen versions.

It's not only for Wii, but in case you missed it in big, bold letters in the trailer, it's the only version LucasArts cares about.

I am very, very excited for this. I hope it turns out nice. It's been a while since we had a good Indy game. It'd go nice with the good Ghostbusters game I hope we're getting this summer. The 80's are back, baby!

MotherFan

Woot, nice. The trailer looks pretty good. I am going to keep my eye on this and if it continues to look like a good game, I will defiantly pick this up. Its good to start seeing some good 3rd party support (especially if this is a damn good game).

Wonder which franchise is next?

Shiggie

Adumaha said:
Ah I see how gaf is,

QFT!

rpmurphy

Adumaha said:
Ah I see how gaf is,

Yeah, I do find it amusing that 2 years into this generation, the fanboy wars still rages on. :lol

bigmakstudios said:
Ah I see how gaf is,

Good lord, we haven't even seen any gameplay yet.

NoitoraJirugajr

Neo Member
rpmurphy said:
Yeah, I do find it amusing that 2 years into this generation, the fanboy wars still rages on. :lol
Yes but this is indiana jones!!! The games should be flashy and use next gen graphics. I mean if it looks good enough near the end (actual gameplay) then i might pick up the wii version but idk.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
NoitoraJirugajr said:
Yes but this is indiana jones!!! The games should be flashy and use next gen graphics. I mean if it looks good enough near the end (actual gameplay) then i might pick up the wii version but idk.

:lol You can't be for real.

ascii42

Adumaha said:
Ah I see how gaf is,

The problem most people have is that apparently in this case, the PS2 is also getting the same game that hardcore gamers want. Hardcore gamers want their games to be developed on systems more powerful than the PS2.
I however, am content with picking up a PS2 version, if the game turns out well enough, and the game actually is coming out on the PS2.

rpmurphy

ascii42 said:
The problem most people have is that apparently in this case, the PS2 is also getting the same game that hardcore gamers want. Hardcore gamers want their games to be developed on systems more powerful than the PS2.
I however, am content with picking up a PS2 version, if the game turns out well enough, and the game actually is coming out on the PS2.

What does it matter that there is a PS2 version? If there were no PS2 version and it would be a Wii exclusive on the home console, the same people would still be upset that there is no 360/PS3 "next-gen" version.

Basically, there are only these possibilities when it comes to Wii "hardcore" games according to some:
1. It's developed alongside the PS2, so it must be crap.
2. It's developed alongside the 360/PS3 (on some level), therefore it must be crap compared to 360/PS3 version.
3. It's an exclusive title, should have been better off on 360/PS3.

I bet the Wii/DS versions will do 3 million-ish, probably 2:1 in favor of the Wii game. The PS2 one will hit about a million. The PSP version will probably do less than 400k, but get pirated by about 3 million people.

Mr. Pointy said:
I bet the Wii/DS versions will do 3 million-ish, probably 2:1 in favor of the Wii game. The PS2 one will hit about a million. The PSP version will probably do less than 400k, but get pirated by about 3 million people.
30,000 of which will bother to play it for more than 5 minutes.

Top Bottom