• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Bundle Thread - There's another one?

Wok

In case you didn't notice it yet, you can now create a Humble Bundle account here for an easy access to all your bundle purchases and keys.

It works for every game bought through the Humble Store: I have English Country Tune, Trine 2 and Vessel listed as well!

I bought the bundle yesterday and I'm still waiting on this. No email confirmation of the order either?

If you have the paypal receipt number just sent that and explain how you haven't got a key yet to the support email (gamerx@gamingallthetime.com) and you'll get your key soon afterwards.

MRORANGE

http://www.indievania.com/bundles/bundle4dead
Bundle4Dead - 4 games for $4 all proceeds to developers

Zombie Football Carnage
Metal Dead
Three Dead Zed
Corril Slayer

added, thanks.

also note this bundle has now expired:

Indie Royale Ninja Lightning Pack ($average min | non-charity | ends Mar 28th) LAST DAY

- Ancients of Ooga (Steamworks | Desura)
- Cloning Clyde (Steamworks | Desura)
- A Kingdom for Keflings (Desura)
- Outpost Kaloki (Desura)
- Band of Bugs (Desura)

Edit: it's crazy we got 5 bundles going on at the same time, granted some of them are very niche but still it seems this whole trend is oversaturated.

Tomodachi

Edit: it's crazy we got 5 bundles going on at the same time, granted some of them are very niche but still it seems this whole trend is oversaturated.

I was going to say this. Especially since there are some bundles with really poor, uninteresting, "clone" games. No harm done though, I just won't get them.

zulux21

I agree there are a lot of them now, but alas I don't find that to be a bad thing. At this point it is still helping the indie market and bringing more games that deserve attention to people's attention.

Also out of curiosity, when steam has their next big sale and they put out like 5-10 indie bundles on sale are you going to include them all in this thread?

PaulLFC

In case you didn't notice it yet, you can now create a Humble Bundle account here for an easy access to all your bundle purchases and keys.
Dumb question, how do I make an account? It's asking me to log in, but when I try the email address all my Humble Bundle keys are sent to, it doesn't recognise it, so I assume I need to create one and link the keys somehow.

Catshade

Dumb question, how do I make an account? It's asking me to log in, but when I try the email address all my Humble Bundle keys are sent to, it doesn't recognise it, so I assume I need to create one and link the keys somehow.

Yes, you need to register a new account using the email address used for all your Humble Bundle purchases.

There was an option to link the account with other email addresses (in case people used several different addresses to purchase different Humble Bundles), but looks like the HIB guys yanked it.

PaulLFC

Yes, you need to register a new account using the email address used for all your Humble Bundle purchases.

There was an option to link the account with other email addresses (in case people used several different addresses to purchase different Humble Bundles), but looks like the HIB guys yanked it.
Thanks. It seems they've took down the option to register at the moment, the "Click here to create an account" text appears in a Google search but there's nothing on the actual page just now.

Catshade

Thanks. It seems they've took down the option to register at the moment, the "Click here to create an account" text appears in a Google search but there's nothing on the actual page just now.

Ah, my bad. It's still an unannounced feature, after all. I only know about it from people in another forum, so I guess they're still in a limited beta testing and somehow the link went viral beyond their expectations.

MRORANGE

I agree there are a lot of them now, but alas I don't find that to be a bad thing. At this point it is still helping the indie market and bringing more games that deserve attention to people's attention.

Also out of curiosity, when steam has their next big sale and they put out like 5-10 indie bundles on sale are you going to include them all in this thread?

It usually goes in a steam sale thread, whoever does the next one has to put it in the OT, so it doesn't need to be covered here.

JoseJX

"Smuggle Truck" is the not so politically correct version of the same game. They changed the theme to get a wider audience. They're giving that version away with the Humble Bundle 2 as well as the "real" version "Snuggle Truck".

tsab

"Smuggle Truck" is the not so politically correct version of the same game. They changed the theme to get a wider audience. They're giving that version away with the Humble Bundle 2 as well as the "real" version "Snuggle Truck".

thanks for the clarification

Catshade

The bonus game for IndieGala 3 was revealed; it's FlatOut. Only available for those paying higher than the average.

MRORANGE

Flatout might be one of the best games ever included in a bundle, but does it really count as an indie game?

as far as I can tell it was made by the same people who did dead horde, so I guess that were it get's it's "indie credibility"

Your right though, the indie meaning is pretty loose, expect to see COD in the next humble bundle.

Wok

ZRVcF.png

I expect the next Indie Royale to go live soon. Tomorrow would be a nice day for this specific launch.

This Humble Bundle seems to be performing significantly worse than the previous ones. A day and a half left to go and they've gotten 650,000$. Unless something changes drastically, this is going to end up being the lowest grossing bundle of theirs to date (excluding the Mojam bundle which was for a single game and lasted one weekend).

Is it safe to say that this is happening because there are just too many of these bundles now? Or does it reflect the quality of the games on offer?

Kifimbo

This Humble Bundle seems to be performing significantly worse than the previous ones. A day and a half left to go and they've gotten 650,000$. Unless something changes drastically, this is going to end up being the lowest grossing bundle of theirs to date (excluding the Mojam bundle which was for a single game and lasted one weekend).

Is it safe to say that this is happening because there are just too many of these bundles now? Or does it reflect the quality of the games on offer?

Mostly the latter.

Mostly the latter.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if one affects the other. Back when the humble bundle was alone, they had the best indie games around. Now that there are so many bundles, others get a lot of good games and perhaps the contracts stipulate that devs can only sign up with a single bundle organizer for a certain game. Or maybe there have been so many bundles that the pool for great indie games that can be on bundles is starting to dry up so now we're seeing second tier stuff.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I really enjoyed Faerie Solitaire, but 27 is too steep to double dip and get access to games that are still in alpha/beta.

Take a screen of your purchase receipt on Steam and email it to the developers. They're being very cool and those that bought the games before the date this bundle came around are giving away keys for the bundle for free.

Take a screen of your purchase receipt on Steam and email it to the developers. They're being very cool and those that bought the games before the date this bundle came around are giving away keys for the bundle for free.

I would do that, but I got the game when it was on sale for a dollar during Christmas and I don't feel that entitles me to the rest of their games. I'll just wait for F2 to come out on iPad and buy it then.

Wok

I would do that, but I got the game when it was on sale for a dollar during Christmas and I don't feel that entitles me to the rest of their games. I'll just wait for F2 to come out on iPad and buy it then.

From what I understand, those who pre-order the collector edition of FS2 will be emailed a "forever" key.

[–]godly967
i think if you pre-ordered faerie solitaire 2, you will get a VIP key. it might or might not work in conjunction with this

[–]delebird
I preordered Faerie Solitaire 2, that means I get automatically right?

[–]Pkeod
Yes! I'll be sending you a key this next month. :)

When Subsoap offered thousands of keys for FS1, I pre-ordered FS2 for $9.97 and they mention a "VIP" key as a surprise gift, they may just be the same.

Twinduct

Indie Underdog Pack
Magi
Potion Master
Caveman Craig
Animal Blast
Koya Rift
The Best of Lazy Brain

This one is kinda interesting. It's like an alpha-fund essentially.
Although the trailer and general info on the site is kinda misleading.

Since you basically get other games. And if you pay high enough you get pre-orders of the the games you 'funded'.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if one affects the other.

I honestly don't think it's a factor. People were saying this before, but then HIB4 came out with the best games in any bundle and sold amazeballs. The lower sales here are a result of the much slimmer pickings for indie games that are on (or people are willing to port to) Android, and the fairly lousy deal you get for a purchase if you don't have an Android phone (or don't want to game on it.)

Kifimbo

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if one affects the other. Back when the humble bundle was alone, they had the best indie games around. Now that there are so many bundles, others get a lot of good games and perhaps the contracts stipulate that devs can only sign up with a single bundle organizer for a certain game. Or maybe there have been so many bundles that the pool for great indie games that can be on bundles is starting to dry up so now we're seeing second tier stuff.

No, it's because they limit themselves to indie PC games that are also on Android. Twice in 3 months, when the selection of PC/Android games is rather small.

zulux21

gamersgate announced The ‘IndieFort Bundle’

No word on whether there will be any steam keys. $6 Minimum, anything over $6 goes straight to the Devs and no one else.

Cardinal Quest
Black Market
Kenshi
Steel Storm: Burning Retribution
Demise:Ascension
Wanderlust

I personally will likely pick it up just for Wanderlust which interested me a while back when I tried the demo and it felt a lot like a 4 player online version of secret of mana

I doubt that giving Steam keys is any sort of priority for them. I noticed Black Market yesterday while browsing their site... from the description it seems like a economic/trading space game, much like Freelancer. That got my interest.

Rothkildam

Neo Member
You can now semi-blind pre-order the five games in Indie Royale's April Fools Bundle at a recommended €/£/$10 or €/£/$5 USD contribution, and a minimum of $3.99 USD.

Headlining the bundle in an acclaimed tower-defense game with a free built-in expansion (for Windows on Steam, Desura, and DRM-free). Featured alongside it is a retro turn-based dungeon crawler (for Windows and Mac in a Steam debut, Windows and Linux on Desura, and Windows/Mac/Linux DRM-free), a pair of titles from the same developer spanning platformer shooter and horizontal shmup (for Windows on Steam, Desura, and DRM-free), and an incendiary 2D action platformer (for Windows on Desura and DRM-free).

Those who pre-order the April Fools Bundle receive an awesome vocoder-heavy bonus: Sexy Synthesizer's Japanese '80s-style chip album Rock: Deluxe Edition, available in .FLAC and HQ .MP3 file formats. Those who pay over the minimum while the bundle is live will also receive the bonus.

Indie Royale's April Fools Bundle will launch soon at $3.99 USD and up - watch our Twitter feed or Facebook page for immediate notice at launch time.

http://www.indieroyale.com/

Top Bottom