• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Bundle Thread - There's another one?

derExperte

First one to post an animated gif of Ozzy Osborne gets a spare key of Eversion I found had laying around

tumblr_mbqxn7AaTo1rxdkjwo1_500.gif

ZenaxPure

Hrm anyone know how the bundle handles dlc? I have both dungeon defenders and binding but not the dlc, would this just unlock the dlc for me or would it be lost and gone since typically games from the bundle (well the below the average ones anyway) are ignored or whatever when you enter the steam code.

Also is it all the dungeon defenders dlc? Cause that's kinda ridiculous if so.

Hrm anyone know how the bundle handles dlc? I have both dungeon defenders and binding but not the dlc, would this just unlock the dlc for me or would it be lost and gone since typically games from the bundle (well the below the average ones anyway) are ignored or whatever when you enter the steam code.

Also is it all the dungeon defenders dlc? Cause that's kinda ridiculous if so.

It'll just unlock whatever DLC you don't have. I was missing two things from Dungeon Defenders and now those are unlocked for me.

Got La Mulana. I feel like if this game was on Steam it would be HIB-worthy, so seeing it relegated to some bonus game on a groupees bundle is kind of sad.

Deques

Got La Mulana. I feel like if this game was on Steam it would be HIB-worthy, so seeing it relegated to some bonus game on a groupees bundle is kind of sad.

Maybe it will appear in a later humble bundle. Dungeon Defenders was first in an Indie Royale bundle, now it's in the current humble bundle.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
OK, first person to PM me their e-mail address gets a copy of HIB 7. It might take a little while, though.

Explanation: I typically buy one of these to give away at random—well, this time I forgot to check the damn gift checkbox and it got added to my account instead. The nice Humble rep says I can have it bound to somebody else, but I need to send them the email address ahead of time. So! PM me your e-mail and when the rep gets everything straightened out, you'll get the bundle. Kosher? Hopefully. If not: hell, nothing lost on your end but time.

Edit: Sold!

I know most people turned a blind eye to Indie Gala long, long ago but it sees they are doing a beta for some sort of steam gifts rip-off; galagiveaways.

It seems the person giving away the gift can set the price though and entries are done using a point system. It seems you start with points based on steam account value...sounds like its best to sign up once the sale is over then...

robotnik

Next unlocks in Greenlight Bundle (8540/8750 copies) are Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold and Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of The Lounge Lizards!

Next unlocks in Greenlight Bundle (8540/8750 copies) are Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold and Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of The Lounge Lizards!

Whoa, that's a bit nuts.

It also makes me highly pissed that $15 was the minimum backing on the Kickstarter to get a LSL download and here it is for $1.50 plus other games.

mrgone

Whoa, that's a bit nuts.

It also makes me highly pissed that $15 was the minimum backing on the Kickstarter to get a LSL download and here it is for $1.50 plus other games.

I don't think the bonus is the same Leisure Suit Larry that was Kickstarted. The one you get as a bonus is likely the first (1991) remake of the first game running in DOSbox. The kickstarter funding was for the second remake of the first game :)

I don't think the bonus is the same Leisure Suit Larry that was Kickstarted. The one you get as a bonus is likely the first (1991) remake of the first game running in DOSbox. The kickstarter funding was for the second remake of the first game :)

That's even weirder then as both Fester Mudd & the LSL remake are being published by Replay, whereas I presume the rights to the VGA LSL still sits with Activision/Vivendi/Blizzard!

I know Al Lowe created the game but I doubt it gives him the right to give it away in a bundle (although I do remember him hosting the old games on his website).

Still, bizarre additions!

mrgone

That's even weirder then as both Fester Mudd & the LSL remake are being published by Replay, whereas I presume the rights to the VGA LSL still sits with Activision/Vivendi/Blizzard!

I know Al Lowe created the game but I doubt it gives him the right to give it away in a bundle (although I do remember him hosting the old games on his website).

Still, bizarre additions!

The old games might've been turned over in some capacity to Replay when they grabbed the rights for Larry. Or something. It seems pretty convoluted, the path that series took later on! I'm just gonna go with free game is free game :)

notsol337

marked forever
Did anyone else get the Humble Bundle 7 and end up missing Dungeon Defenders DLC? I'm missing the first 3 levels for the lost eternia shards and I don't know why D:

dani_dc

That groupees greenlight bundle looks insanely good. I'm surprised it didn't get it's own thread.
What base games are worth getting?

Game Guru

The old games might've been turned over in some capacity to Replay when they grabbed the rights for Larry. Or something. It seems pretty convoluted, the path that series took later on! I'm just gonna go with free game is free game :)

I think Activision just licenses out Leisure Suit Larry in a "We don't really give a darn" capacity since they can't really rerelease the old games given the possible adult content nor would new games work without having that adult content.

Joe Molotov

I think Activision just licenses out Leisure Suit Larry in a "We don't really give a darn" capacity since they can't really rerelease the old games given the possible adult content nor would new games work without having that adult content.

Does Activision even have it anymore, or is it Codemasters? I know they released that last shitty LSL game that even Activision didn't want.

And it is. At least when you click on the link at Groupees, you can see the Greenlight-Page of it and at least that one is the Kickstarter-Larry.

Crub

Indie Royale - The Replay Bundle Vol. 1

- Nuclear Dawn for: steam (pc, mac)
- Defense Grid: The Awakening for: steam (pc), windows, desura (+ DLC!)
- Gemini Rue for: steam (pc), windows, desura
- Soulcaster for: windows, desura (+ OST)
- Soulcaster II for: windows, desura (+ OST and Remix)

I thought this was actually going to be a bundle with the best of the best from the previous bundles, not just some randomly picked games.

zulux21

Should I get the Indie Gala now or wait for a Happy Hour? Do they do the 4x1 if bought during the first few days in every bundle?

they do it for most but you have to buy the bundle at above the average in the first few days to get 4x1 anymore. those games aren't good enough to me to own 5 copies of them for $12... though I very well might pick up 2 copies of them for $6 if they have a happy hour with this bundle

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Should I get the Indie Gala now or wait for a Happy Hour? Do they do the 4x1 if bought during the first few days in every bundle?

The "buy the bundle for 1 dollar on the first week so when they do a Happy Hour I buy a gift for Above the Average and get 4 gifts" workaround no longer works. Sadly.

You'd need to beat the average NOW and then Buy a gift beating the average THEN to get 4 gifts (plus the one purchase you made now).

Monetarily, it's better to wait for the Happy Hour and then buy a BTA (beat the average) Gift to yourself. You'll get 2 complete sets for the price of one, even if you never bought the bundle before.

Top Bottom