• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Bundle Thread - There's another one?

Benedict

Guess what game was just added to the bundle at Indiegala.com
3AQmK.gif

Too bad I already ownz it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Groupees has a new bundle, the Retro 2 Bundle. The Raiden Legacy Collection stands out to me, never knew it existed, some good shmups. That Irem collection also looks intresting. Not seeing many steam keys, but I'll likely pick up Raiden anyway.

http://groupees.com/retro2

Edit: Looks like two brothers is a bonus game, that looked really interesting to me in the past. I think its out on steam, but no clue how good it is.

gngf123

That Raiden Legacy Collection immediately caught my eye as well. Looking around though, some people are reporting that this version isn't all that good.

Anyone have any opinions on it?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The game is playable with a controller, but the menus have to be navigated with a mouse. The client they made to launch the games is a bit crappy, but it gets the job done. I'm not seeing a away to give you more/infinite credits, which sucks for me because I suck at these games. They do give you a level select, which is pretty cool (And seems to be achieved with a bunch of saved states, but that ok). I turned off anything to do with screen filtering right off the bat, no clue how well it does it. They say there is an HD soundtrack, not really sure what thats about, I'm guessing their may have been official soundtracks released for some of the games, and they play those instead of what the Arcade Originals did?

Autofire is on by default. And it really auto fire, it shoots without having to hold down the fire button.

Can't seem to find where it saves it config file.

Edit: Yeah, big issue seems to be there is no way to add more credits. And once you run out, it doesn't even kick you out, it just sticks you on the demo screen, where you can't do anything until you access the menu and quit out of the games. So its already, but flawed.

Aaron

Irem Arcade Collection is a better port. You still need to use a mouse on the menu, but lots of config options and some still fun games.

Groupees has a new bundle, the Retro 2 Bundle. The Raiden Legacy Collection stands out to me, never knew it existed, some good shmups. That Irem collection also looks intresting. Not seeing many steam keys, but I'll likely pick up Raiden anyway.

http://groupees.com/retro2

Edit: Looks like two brothers is a bonus game, that looked really interesting to me in the past. I think its out on steam, but no clue how good it is.

Damn, that song they play for the Raiden Legacy trailer is fucking BAD. ASS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi0D2gFnWdw

adamma666

http://blinkbundle.com/

Each game has a seperate Steam key!

for 1.99$ you get:

Gnomoria
Sideways New York
Archon Classic
Light of Altair
+ 1 Bonus unlockable

for 4.99$ you also get:

Blockland
Eldritch
Lilly looking through
Mutant Mudds Deluxe
Influx
Hero of the Kingdom
+1 Bonus unlockable

Pretty good bundle imo!

The upcoming Groupees Be Mine 11 bundle seems like it might be worth checking out, starts in about 9 hours (No word on how the tiers will be seperated):
http://groupees.com/bm11
- ÆRENA - Clash of Champions
- Ultionus: A Tale of Petty Revenge
- Redshirt
- IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946
- Grimm
- Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe
- Infected: The Twin Vaccine

szaromir

Banned
Nice looking bundle. I feel most of those games are in that sweet spot of games which you probably want to own but don't want to buy so you don't already got them.
That's what's so great about Groupees in general. It makes you fill your digital library with all sorts of interesting games that you wouldn't buy on your own or maybe even never heard of. I know other bundle websites do the same, but groupees somehow has much more interesting selection of games.

Tower of Guns Steam keys have been added to IndieGameStand if you bought it there.

Game doesn't come out for a few weeks, so you can't actually download it, but you can activate it fine.

zulux21

I might as well mention a few other bundles that have gone live.
Indie royal is having their debut 10
Crater Maker - for: Windows, Mac, Linux - Desura, DRM free, Greenlight
Doom and Destiny - for: Windows, Linux - Desura , DRM free, Greenlight
Millennium 4 - Beyond Sunset - for: Windows - Desura, DRM Free, Greenlight
You Still Won't Make It - for: Windows, Mac, Linux - Desura, DRM Free, Greenlight
Strategic War in Europe - for: Windows - Desura , DRM free, Greenlight
Spirited Heart Complete - for: Windows, Mac, Linux- Desura, DRM free, Greenlight
Kill Fun Yeah - for: Windows, Mac, Linux - Desura , DRM key, Greenlight
???
of these I have played a bit of a few.
doom and destiny is an ok D&D parody rpg... wasn't anything special but a decent little rpg. (was on indie game stand)
millennium 4 is one of the rare rpg maker games that are actually well put together, though I haven't played part 4 just part 1. (was it's own exclusive bundle on groupees that only had this game and the other millennium games in it)
spirited heart is an interesting little visual novel/dating sim. (this is the complete version that adds the expansion... which if I recall right adds homosexual romances... the base version was originally offered in another bundle but I can't recall which off the top of my head)
don't know the others unfortunately.

and indie gala is having a capsule bundle
Capsule:

Pay $1 or more and get:

Dracula 4: Shadow of the Dragon (GOG)
Always Remember Me (Desura)
Raiden Legacy: The Return (Desura)
Hero of the Kingdom (Steam)

BTA to get:

Dysfunctional Systems: Learning to Manage Chaos (Steam)
Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart (Steam)
Hero Siege (Steam)
Dead Sky (Steam)

Plus 3 bonus games to be unlocked.

don't know much about this one
dysfunctional systems is a visual novel (previously part of groupees doujin bundle 2)
and hero siege looked interesting lol. (of course it also seems to have just went live on indiegamestand ><:)

Sordid

Does anyone know how to get the Steam-key for 'Perfection'? The page says there should be one, but in my account there is only a Desura-key. Activating the game on Desura didn't give me a key either.

After you click redeem and it shows you the Desura key look just above the key, there is a Steam Key tab you can click on to reveal your Steam key.

Dynoro

Anyone having an issue with Groupees atm? I have bought at least ten bundles and now only see two when I log into my account. Last time I logged in I could see the lot.

Benedict

Anyone having an issue with Groupees atm? I have bought at least ten bundles and now only see two when I log into my account. Last time I logged in I could see the lot.

Is it the same account you're logging in to?
I have two, one connected to my facebook and one to my email. By mistake

groupees just launched two new bundles
indie comic book bundle (not really gaming related but might as well mention it :p
and indie greenlight build a bundle 5

Paper Dungeons seems like a straight Desktop Dungeons knockoff. The worst thing is that I'm so addicted to Desktop Dungeons that I'm willing to overlook moral/legal considerations if it means more of the same (not like I've exhausted the ridiculous amount of content in Desktop Dungeons proper, though). Anyone has played it and knows if it's remotely as good and/or adds anything new or interesting?

Edit: Well, for that price I guess I'll try it myself when I have some free time.

zulux21

Paper Dungeons seems like a straight Desktop Dungeons knockoff. The worst thing is that I'm so addicted to Desktop Dungeons that I'm willing to overlook moral/legal considerations if it means more of the same (not like I've exhausted the ridiculous amount of content in Desktop Dungeons proper, though). Anyone has played it and knows if it's remotely as good and/or adds anything new or interesting?

Edit: Well, for that price I guess I'll try it myself when I have some free time.

:p I bought it but haven't tried it yet... it's hard to say no to a 25 cent game that looks interesting though.

anyways... another bundle popped up but I really don't feel comfortable linking it.

there is a new bundle for the site vodo... haven't heard of them? well that's because they focus more on indie movies and music and not so much on games. They did run a Cthulhu bundle a while back that included Cthulhu saves the world though so that is how I found them... anyways their current bundle has some books, movies and games in it.... as for why I won't actually link it... It's a NSFW bundle (literally what is is called), and well they really mean it.

I figured I would mention it in case some people were interested in more adult oriented games though. Game wise included for pay what you want is the game dinner date (steam code and the only game I will directly link to lol) In the beat the average are a few more games, but the average is pricey... around $11.50 last I looked, but to be fair one of the games is a game from JAST USA (hentai doujin localizers) My Girlfriend Is The President which is normally a $40 game on it's own. The final game in the bundle is the game Seduce me, a game that tried to get greenlit on steam back in 2012 but made a few waves as it was pulled. There are also some movies and books included with the bundle...

so yeah... won't be linking it, and I doubt most would confirm they even bought it... but the idea of an adult bundle amused me enough that I felt I should share it :p

:p I bought it but haven't tried it yet... it's hard to say no to a 25 cent game that looks interesting though.

I just tried it today. It's quite funny because it shamelessly rips off left and right from Desktop Dungeons (from basic mechanics to minute specifics like how the fighter class can detect monsters in the dungeon), and yet the changes they do introduce to the formula seem to work against the very purpose of it. For example, there's a dice roll before each attack that affects how much damage you and the monster make (turning a masterful exercise in planning into a luck based one), you cannot move away or indeed do anything else but attack a monster once you've engaged it, until one of you dies (severely limiting your options at any given moment), and so on. It has a roguelike mode that mixes progression and permadeath with Desktop Dungeon mechanics, which is weird to say the least. All in all, every second I was playing it a voice in my mind was asking why I was doing so rather than playing the real deal. Perhaps I'll return to this when I've exhausted Desktop Dungeons... in a few years' time.

so yeah... won't be linking it, and I doubt most would confirm they even bought it... but the idea of an adult bundle amused me enough that I felt I should share it :p

Nothing wrong with that, even though indeed it doesn't seem like there's anything too exciting (no pun intended) in there and it's not exactly stellar value.

DRZ

Hey guys, new bundle in the arena, https://www.paywuw.com/

First bundle not so strong in general, but everything on Steam and there is Brothers in it! Many gaffers GOTY for last year!

I bought it and it works fine, they send you the keys directly in the email.

zulux21

so I just logged into groupees to grab a newly added key and am wowed at the changes. Their bundles are so much easier to go through now as they are all on one page, you can also click a tab to go to the games you have gotten, and you can keep track on site if you used the key or not... so much better @_@

so I just logged into groupees to grab a newly added key and am wowed at the changes. Their bundles are so much easier to go through now as they are all on one page, you can also click a tab to go to the games you have gotten, and you can keep track on site if you used the key or not... so much better @_@

Which key has been added?

30+ games for $25:

http://blog.humblebundle.com/post/79398200426/a-very-special-humble-bundle-of-love-for-brandon-boyer

Introducing a bundle of love for Brandon Boyer, with more than 30 indie games (and counting) just for you!

Humble Bundle has teamed with independent developers to put together a bundle like no other. To help support this cause, pay at least $25 to receive a ton of games and all proceeds will go directly to the Brandon Boyer Cancer Treatment Relief fund. In addition to Brandon’s medical bills for cancer treatment, the excess funds from this promotion will be donated to a select cancer research organization.

Games and soundtracks included in the Humble Bundle of Love for Brandon:

Actual Sunlight
AirMech
Auralux
Bagfull of Wrong
BitTrip Beat Soundtrack
BitTrip Fate Soundtrack
BitTrip Runner Soundtrack
Blocks That Matter + Soundtrack
Castles in the Sky + Soundtrack
Dynamite Jack
Ensnare Soundtrack
Ethan: Meteor Hunter
Fancy Skulls
God of Blades + Soundtrack
Goscurry + Soundtrack
Mazing
McPixel + Soundtrack
Paragon
POP: Methodology Experiment One + Soundtrack
Proteus
QbQbQb
Quixotica Soundtrack
Sepulchre
Shipwreck
Sokobond
Stacking + Soundtrack
Thomas Was Alone + Soundtrack
VVVVVV + Soundtrack
Waking Mars + Soundtrack
Warp Juggler
Wizorb + Soundtrack
World of Goo + Soundtrack
Check back on this post as more games are added to the lineup. This promotion will end on Friday, March 21 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time. Thanks to everyone for all of your support!

Tektonic

Hey here are some keys to games I already had:

Gravity Badgers | Steam Key: XW3LL-6L4HK-2RYMD
Bionic Dues | Steam Key: IIA8M-B2V8H-RRHXM

DRZ

Hey guys I realized PayWUW.com launched another bundle, containing:

1$
Frozen Heart
Steel Storm

3.99$
How to Survive

I think it is the first time for HtS in a bundle, if you are interested in the game can be a good way to get it for cheap.

Here's the link
https://www.paywuw.com/

zulux21

binding of isaac fans should check out the new indiegamestand deal Brandon Must Die ($10 to make a bundle out of it, or pay what you want for the game in general)

it's not nearly as polished as the binding of isaac, but it's definitely got the feel, and is something to pass the time while we wait for rebirth.

Top Bottom