• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Games 2015 [October] Let's talk about anything Indie!

Matt Frost

You're misunderstanding

The chart is how a lot of sites tend to use a review scale (i.e. most reviews range from 7 to 10)

While Destructoid tends to not do that, so 5 or 6 actually is an average score indicating an average game

Ups, I see it now... too stressed today as one of my computers stopped working for no reason. Thanks! Destructoid: 6 above average 10 GOTY :)

Destructoid is usually pretty solid in my opinion, and the review doesn't sound like it's terrible. I get the sense that it just isn't the reviewer's type of game more than anything. For a similar style of play, Giana Sisters is a fun one and didn't have the pitfalls mentioned in the review.
I played a little bit of Poncho earlier. Sadly I had to refund the purchase due to the frequent frame rate slows I was suffering from but I got a bit into the game. My limited time with it was interesting although I must admit I was not totally blown away by its gameplay gimmick and early progression. Although I would be lying if I didn't say I wasn't in the best of moods playing it due to the tech problems so I certainly wouldn't take this comment as a review.

I heard from the developers that the game can be finished within 3 or 4 hours. + a 6 on a trusted website (even the reviewer didn't liked it should be a professional and rate it how it deserves) + frame-rate issues + 15$ = I better spend my hard earned money on another game...

Man, I should have listened to you guys earlier. Got A Story About My Uncle from the latest Humble Bundle, and the traversal in that is so fun

Have a bunch of spare keys for other games from that bundle, so I'll do a giveaway in the next thread

Moobabe

Man, I should have listened to you guys earlier. Got A Story About My Uncle from the latest Humble Bundle, and the traversal in that is so fun

Have a bunch of spare keys for other games from that bundle, so I'll do a giveaway in the next thread

You should have listened!!!! It's fantastic

Top Bottom