• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Smash Bros clone Brawlout releasing for the Nintendo Switch later this year

http://nintendoeverything.com/brawlout-coming-to-switch-later-this-year/

Brawlout is heading to Switch, a listing on the European Switch eShop reveals. A release is planned for late 2017.

Brawlout is a party fighting game that debuted on Steam earlier this year. It’s “designed for couch play, online ranked matches and competitive tournaments.”

We have plenty of details about Brawlout in the overview below. A trailer for the game is also attached past the break.

Trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep6t7rXFcCw

Game looks fun. Smart of them to release this on a Nintendo console.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I've always wanted to play Hyper Light Drifter. It's a damn shame it never made its way to a Nintendo platform.

There's some bias going on in that thread title.

I think it's cool Brawlout is coming to Switch, and it's a nice holdover until we get Smash on Switch. -- Also Hyperlight Drifter as a playable character is nifty.

Vidiot

Can't watch the trailer right now. Are there a bunch of popular indie characters in it ( Shovel Knight, Shantae, etc) or are they all original characters?

AzureFlame

Only on Switch? Huh..

Looks nice but the only character i liked is the light drifter, the others looks boring.

Edit: nvm it's also coming to ps4 and x1.

What a get! Can't wait, been following this game for a bit and was bummed I didn't have a system to play it on until now

13ruce

Banned
Cool, damn there is alot of fantastic indies coming to Switch.

Sadly most of them are around end of the year but damn.... I will buy em all.

There's some bias going on in that thread title.

I think it's cool Brawlout is coming to Switch, and it's a nice holdover until we get Smash on Switch. -- Also Hyperlight Drifter as a playable character is nifty.

I mean... the Drifter's moveset is pretty much made up of a mix of Marth's and Cloud's moveset. Not trying to be negative though, I'm very likely picking this up when it launches.

mas8705

When I saw this, I honestly got this mixed up with Icons. Completely forgot that this was also in development (and at least this looks like its own game rather than looking like a complete clone.

shaowebb

Why does the thread title and first post not emphasize that HYPER LIGHT DRIFTER is joining Brawlout for this. That should be the biggest thing mentioned!

Tyaren

This looks actually pretty cool. Love the stylistic. But why would you release a game like this on a Nintendo console, where the home of the original is, instead on PS4 and Xbox One, which do lack a game like this?

Hadn't heard of this game before, but I would be more interested if it was basically all indie characters rather than the actual roster. The game looks fun but I would only wanna play as the Drifter.

Huggy

Just checked, it's 50% off on Steam and it's multiplayer segment is basically done they claim. Deal lasts till august 22.

Any Smash 4 fans who tried the game? It looks decent, I might just bite right now.

CryptiK

This is what these type of games need to do, get indie characters in. That look amazing, to bad its bombing on steam and will continue to do so since they released it into early access.

I've always wanted to play Hyper Light Drifter. It's a damn shame it never made its way to a Nintendo platform.

"We will re-evaluate our support for the Nintendo Switch and consider a release of Hyper Light Drifter on it if sales meet our expectations. This is a test."

Ok, not really a quote, but that's probably their thinking. Either way, the time is now to bring all those games before Switch gets even more crowded.

"We will re-evaluate our support for the Nintendo Switch and consider a release of Hyper Light Drifter on it if sales meet our expectations. This is a test."

Ok, not really a quote, but that's probably their thinking. Either way, the time is now to bring all those games before Switch gets even more crowded.
HLD was made in GameMaker which from my recent understanding doesn't support Nintendo platforms right now. That means they'd have to remake it from the ground up (or hire someone else to).

mindsale

Looks pretty good, I'd love the proper ring out structure in PSASBR2.

Maybe this game can swing more Indie stars like Shovel Knight.

Gameplay wise it looks great. Fast paced and high energy with Smash combat rules.

Artistically, it seems a little bland. Lots of purples and blues but not much red or other bright colors to be seen in the cast.

Berordn

I'd never heard of Brawlout before, so if this is their plan for some exposure it's working.

The other characters certainly look weird, but at least they aren't obvious knockoffs of Smash movesets.

Daouzin

Looks great, here's hoping it plays more like Melee than Smash 4.

HL drifter seemed to have a very similar move set to Ike from PM. Pretty exciting. Looking forward to seeing more of it.

Dremorak

Banned
Its easily the most well done smash clone I've seen... and yet HLD is just a Cloud clone lol. Dont know why they cant just think up their own moves. Every smash clone just straight up copies all the characters too.

Edit: actually maybe it was more like a combination of cloud and Ike

J-Tier

This looks great!

(I kinda wished Bounty Battle looked like this, or vice-versa, this had Bounty Battle's roster).

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
This looks actually pretty cool. Love the stylistic. But why would you release a game like this on a Nintendo console, where the home of the original is, instead on PS4 and Xbox One, which do lack a game like this?
That means there is already an audience on Nintendo platforms do they can actually get s little more guaranteed sales, that's kinds obvious. Its like having a indie platformer and not considering it on Nintendo platforms.

I thought the guy who made the game was having health problems, which resulted in the Wii U version being canned.

EDIT: Ok, that plus the GameMaker issues.

Top Bottom