• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indivisible: Valkyrie Profile/Metroid, Indiegogo, PC/Mac/Linux/PS4/XB1 -- funded!

7. Music is up in the air. Kikuta sounds interested in scoring something, possibly orchestral. But once everything is in motion on the animation itself, I'd like to at least look into / price out a song.

My personal dream singer/composer would be Maaya Sakamoto, BTW. But pretty sure that will never happen even though I think she'd be into Ajna, the tone of the game, etc.
You wonderful beefcake of a man. I don't even need it to happen. Just knowing she's someone you'd like to work with on the anime opening is enough for me.

Hedge

Grats on getting the anime opening. I really hope the last stretch goal is met - more content yes please.
It'll be interesting to see how the funding progresses now. :)

WolvenOne

Heard about you guys hitting the anime opening stretch goal earlier today. I really am pretty darn happy to see it. I mean, I'm a big fan of animation in general, and seeing the artstyle used in Indivisible animated is going to be a real treat.

Plus, well there's also the fact that an animated opening can be used for marketing purposes. I really want to see Lab Zero do well so it can continue to grow, anything that helps that rather pleases me. XD

Dio

Banned
My personal dream singer/composer would be Maaya Sakamoto, BTW. But pretty sure that will never happen even though I think she'd be into Ajna, the tone of the game, etc.

Aw shit, she's one of my favorite voice actors and singers ever. I'd love to see that happen. She MADE Shiki from KnK for me, even though I liked the character before she voiced her.

Korigama

Haha, now I really want to see if we can make this happen.
Please do. I really enjoyed her work for the opening to RahXephon (Hemisphere) and the end credits for Arjuna (Mameshiba) in particular. I'd provide links for anyone unfamiliar with those, but it seems neither are on YouTube anymore.

EDIT: OP length will have to do for Hemisphere, since the full one's not there anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxfIJr1RYwc

J-Tier

I LOVE Maaya Sakamoto. It would be great if you guys could make it happen. I'm not expecting it, but it'll be too amazing.

Dio

Banned
Man I really need to find the time to play Y's 1 and 2 sometime. <_<;;

STOP TRIGGERING ME IT'S 'Ys'

They're old, but good. If you find they're too old for you (i.e. from 1989) you at least owe it to yourself to play Ys: Oath in Felghana, one of the greatest games of all time.

WolvenOne

STOP TRIGGERING ME IT'S 'Ys'

They're old, but good. If you find they're too old for you (i.e. from 1989) you at least owe it to yourself to play Ys: Oath in Felghana, one of the greatest games of all time.

I've played Felghana and Origin on steam, and I have 1+2 Chronicles, it's just kinda been devoured by the Elder God Backloggesoth.

Skrams

I kind of forgot to post my doodle I got, but here it is so others can enjoy it. I asked for a doodle with Ajna and Lanshi being cool wizards and they delivered. I wanted to ask for a weird crossover with Kogi and Shokugeki no Soma, but I feared that would of been too much to ask for so wizards it is.

ITHToeT.jpg

AnGer

I've played Felghana and Origin on steam, and I have 1+2 Chronicles, it's just kinda been devoured by the Elder God Backloggesoth.

Ancient Ys Vanished: Omen and The Final Chapter aren't that long. Roughly ~10 hours each, if you know what you're doing.

Steamwintersalegames2015revised_zpsnuz8yvng.png

Now that the steam sale is over I can enjoy some of the games the Indivisible guest characters are coming from. I would have gotten Shovel Knight and Shantae's latest game, but I need to be there day 1 for RE0 HD. Can't wait for Hyper Light Drifter as well.
Haha, now I really want to see if we can make this happen.
I'm pretty happy either way because just knowing these sorts of things gives me a good idea of what to expect, I guess. It's sort of like all the good feelings people got about SG when Alex brought up Big O, FLCL, Lovecraft, 90's cartoons, Tex Avery, BTAS and more. Even the small influences and intentions that made it through just added flavor to SG. I'm sure Indivisible will give people the same feelings regardless of how the anime OP turns out or who (TBD lol) works on it.

Dreavus

Man I really need to find the time to play Ys 1 and 2 sometime. <_<;;

Yeah, get on those!

They are very "old school" in many ways, but still enjoyable. I just finished off the second game last week myself. It really put my mental mapping skills to the test, especially in Ys II (first and last dungeon especially!).

I don't remember Ys I being quite as labyrinthine, but I had played through most of the game on Wii Virtual Console version a while ago.

Skrams

Yeah, get on those!

They are very "old school" in many ways, but still enjoyable. I just finished off the second game last week myself. It really put my mental mapping skills to the test, especially in Ys II (first and last dungeon especially!).

I don't remember Ys I being quite as labyrinthine, but I had played through most of the game on Wii Virtual Console version a while ago.

Both are pretty fucked honestly. I love the games, but man, you need to have a good memory and complete those dungeons in one shot if you don't want to be eternally lost. The cave in the first along with Darm Tower are pretty fucked at times. Darm Tower is essentially 50+% of the first game too and is one long samey looking dungeon. Good thing the games are pretty quick at least, so you can blast through each dungeon in a few hours without having to save and leave. I never finished 2, but I got quite a bit into it. It's a bit fucked as well. Probably more than 1, but I didn't find the gap that big.

But yeah, Ys games are great and people should play them. If the Indivisible intro can get anywhere close to the Ys intros then that would be great. A lot of my love of those intros are the sick music too, especially for Ys Origin.

Ravidrath

We've actually hired four new people so far: once they're all in town, we'll be doing an intro video of sorts, getting them caricatures like the ones in the campaign, etc.

Things slowed down a lot over the holidays, but we're still looking for offices and working on getting things going.

My only guess is they are covering their asses because they have a lot on their schedule at the moment and if by some unforeseen reason they can't get to this they can return the money and cancel the project without putting their name out in the public?

Ravidrath

By the way, why are you guys changing offices? Need more room for the newcomers? Forgive me if you've already said so.

Our current office was a stopgap solution to get us through SG stuff - was never really planned for, so we found something tiny and cheap.

There were 8 of us in 360 sq. ft., and typically you plan for 100 sq. ft. per employee.

Now that we have actual money, we need a real office with a good internet, more space, etc.

My only guess is they are covering their asses because they have a lot on their schedule at the moment and if by some unforeseen reason they can't get to this they can return the money and cancel the project without putting their name out in the public?

They're still committed and we have a deal memo and everything, they're just finalizing their schedule and don't want to announce until everything is 100% locked down.

This is pretty typical for Japan - they are absolutely terrified of making "mistakes," no matter how insignificant it is or easily correctable they would be. So they spend forever overdeliberating everything, even though making any potential mistake and fixing it would be much faster in the long run.

It's an unfortunate byproduct of the extremely hierarchical nature of Japanese business, which is very much about saving face.

duckroll

Our current office was a stopgap solution to get us through SG stuff - was never really planned for, so we found something tiny and cheap.

There were 8 of us in 360 sq. ft., and typically you plan for 100 sq. ft. per employee.

Now that we have actual money, we need a real office with a good internet, more space, etc.

Ouch. Damn. Well, I'm glad the Indivisible campaign turned out well in the end. Sounds like you guys are finally getting a real office again. Congrats!

Samemind

I played a bit of Curses and Chaos somewhat recently. Now I feel like Leah is a good fit as a guest character. I also didn't expect to a find a "taunt for score" move, had a good laugh at that one.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Ouch. Damn. Well, I'm glad the Indivisible campaign turned out well in the end. Sounds like you guys are finally getting a real office again. Congrats!

Yeah, its a common problem and something that people outside of the industry are usually shocked at finding out.

TBH, the level of empathy towards companies from the fans would change substantially if they were more aware of the conditions some devs have to go through.

Top Bottom