• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFamous Demo Impressions

Acid08 said:
Idk why but I cannot figure out how to start this fucking train again after you clear the cars. Maybe it's because I'm dead tired but I need to play this. Help? :(

Are you riding on top of the first train car? You're supposed to be the living third rail.

Loudninja

Acid08 said:
Idk why but I cannot figure out how to start this fucking train again after you clear the cars. Maybe it's because I'm dead tired but I need to play this. Help? :(

You have to shoot the boxes under the track until they turn green.

Also you have to be on top of the train.

Acid08

Banned
Loudninja said:
You have to shoot the boxes under the track until they turn green.

Also you have to be on top of the train.
Ah thank you. And yeah I figured the on top of the train thing but I missed what the location of that switch was.

Also the climbing and general movement in this game is fucking insane.

Dead Man

AltogetherAndrews said:
They really should have shortened that mission a bit. Three boxes would have been perfect.
Maybe, I think it's a good way to slowly ramp up the difficulty and introduce you to the powers though. Later playthroughs get repetitive, but I liked they way each stop added something new to learn or overcome.

idahoblue said:
Maybe, I think it's a good way to slowly ramp up the difficulty and introduce you to the powers though. Later playthroughs get repetitive, but I liked they way each stop added something new to learn or overcome.

Right, but they are breaking a golden rule of entertainment by dragging it out like this. There's one instance where the train doesn't even reach a block past the feeder box until it stops and you have to activate another box. That was really pushing it.

Dead Man

AltogetherAndrews said:
Right, but they are breaking a golden rule of entertainment by dragging it out like this. There's one instance where the train doesn't even reach a block past the feeder box until it stops and you have to activate another box. That was really pushing it.
Yeah, I'll give you that one.

Acid08 said:
Ah thank you. And yeah I figured the on top of the train thing but I missed what the location of that switch was.

Also the climbing and general movement in this game is fucking insane.

You have no idea. Grinding on rails and taking off in a jump at the end, then gliding onto another rail is possibly one of my favorite things to do in the game, other than just wreak havoc with my powers in general.

Also, the islands are really well made... in that they feel big, but when you want to get somewhere quick, you can definitely do that... Most of the times it doesnt feel like a chore if you have to travel long distances because finding ways of getting there quicker is also fun in and of itself. Once you start learning the islands a bit, you will be surprised how quickly you can travel.

Jtrizzy

photo mode would be so nice. I'm riding on the train with a dead conduit the whole way with his jacket bowing in the wind. It's pretty awesome, and there are so many great moments that would be perfect for photo mode.

Top Bottom